Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 2,747

Grumblevolcano

@-Green- So basically a Pokemon version of Chao Garden? That would be cool provided there's not some secret normal game content hidden behind it, I don't like that Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 had Metal Sonic and Green Hill respectively as all emblem rewards (all emblems except Chao Garden would've been fairer).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Snaplocket They only need to change a handful of them. New models aren't even needed, just some new animations. If they can't do that "in a few years", I fear the worst the next year's game.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx wrote:

In terms of aesthetics, the Gen IV and V (to a lesser extent) games have my favorite art style (2/2.5D). I didn't like the weird chibi characters in X/Y. Sun and Moon were an improvement (haven't played the Ultras yet), but the animations seemed a bit jerky at times.

Chibi also has the proportion.
Chibi size on NDS = Nendoroid style (2 : 1)
Chibi size on X & Y = Ratio 3 : 1

Anti-Matter

-Green-

Tbh, I miss contests. Dressing up Pokémon, feeding them poffins, decorating pokeballs and earning ribbons was an awesome side thing in the game. I haven’t had as much in a in world side feature since probably the Pokémon theatre thing in BW2 or the Pokeathalon in HGSS.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tyranexx

-Green- wrote:

Tbh, I miss contests. Dressing up Pokémon, feeding them poffins, decorating pokeballs and earning ribbons was an awesome side thing in the game. I haven’t had as much in a in world side feature since probably the Pokémon theatre thing in BW2 or the Pokeathalon in HGSS.

I did receive some enjoyment from the contests and invested quite a bit of time into them back in the R/S/E days.

I think the two non-essential side things that I enjoyed the most were:

1. The Underground in D/P/Pt. I spent countless hours digging around for fossils and other items, furnishing my Secret Base, and even doing a couple of capture the flag runs with a cousin over local wireless. I also loved that it was an alternative way of moving around Sinnoh.

2. The movie studio in BW2. I'm sure many probably burned through these games without even doing much around Virbank City, but I really enjoyed making movies with my own Pokemon. It was a strategy in itself to get the movies to come out right and on-script....I definitely got some weird endings and retried multiple times.

ReaderRagfish wrote:

In terms of side stuff, I really liked the Pokewalker. I got a Tyranitar from level 55 to level 100 just by wearing it every day and not even playing the game. And you could use it to catch some pretty rare Pokemon like Spiritomb and Feebas too.

I took my Pokewalker with me last time my family went to Disney World back in...2011 I think? I logged roughly 20K steps in Magic Kingdom alone. I loved that little accessory.... =D

I accidentally dropped it at one point when we were in a shop. I bet some people were wondering what a college student was doing with a weird little counter like that.... I still have it somewhere and should see if it still works.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Rutta

Damn no hype for this game?

I’ve necer played Pokémon games before but tempted to pick this up along with the special ball pad that you can get also.

Rutta

DarkRula

I'm going back to the 90's, or at least recreating it in the modern age. Spyro's been a blast, and just like that game I've got Let's Go, Eevee! ready and waiting for its midnight unlock, where I'll either be spending an hour on it as soon as or getting carried away and going for more than two.

Unfortunately, there's still twenty-six hours and a bit until that time.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

boyd88

So the release is nearly here! I remember Pokémon red fondly

Thought they’d be more hype in here- do we reckon this game is gonna smash sales it being the first major pokemon release game for switch?

Do I pick up the Pikachu version or Eevee version? - does each one have ‘exclusive’ Pokémon to catch? If so anyone have a list?

boyd88

Octane

@boyd88 Exclusive to Let's Go Pikachu:
Sandshew, Sandslash, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Grimer, Muk, Scyther

Exclusive to Let's Go Eevee:
Ekans, Arbok, Vulpix, Ninetales, Meowth, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Koffing, Weezing, Pinsir

Octane

DarkRula

Three hours and waiting... Hurry up midnight.

DarkRula

boyd88

This is exactly why I’m torn @Yosheel

I want Pikachu but meowth is making me question that HELP 😂?

boyd88

Eel

Persian is not Meowth

Edit: yay my preorder is on it's way. Too bad it's so late into the week... Welp... Monday it is.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Mankey = Meowth
Growlithe < Vulpix
Scyther > Pinsir
Electabuzz > Magmar
Ekans > Sandshrew
Oddish < Bellsprout

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

DarkRula

I'm loving it. Absolutely loving it. Despite the catching changes, it still feels like a main series game. As close to main series as Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were.

It's such a great journey to go on, exploring Kanto with a new visual style with Eevee by my side.

DarkRula

HobbitGamer

@DarkRula I’m loving it too! I’m actually encouraged to encounter more wilds now that I can see them, it somehow seems more exciting, especially with the fact that they’ll disappear after a few moments. I had to run a gauntlet around 5 zubats to reach a chansey in my moon. And since it’s not exactly ‘one throw beats all’, there’s still just as much effort in the encounter. Is it just me, or do the graphical changes make forests and caves seem even larger, too?
Thoroughly enjoying the game, and the Pokeball

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Excluding Mankey/Meowth and Growlithe/Vulpix:

Spinark > Ledyba
Gligar > Delibird

Mantine < Skarmory

Teddiursa = Phanpy

2 points for Gold, 1 point for Silver. But Skarmory is better than Spinark and Gligar combined so it's a wash.

I pretty much agree with this, though when considering pre-evos alone, I'd have to go Teddiursa < Phanpy. Both Ursaring and Donphan are pretty cool though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic