Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 2,747

Eel

I'd totally recommend starting a gen 2 pokemon-exclusive file in gold or silver, so you can experience their terribleness first hand!

Like seriously most gen 2 pokemon had horrible, insulting movesets in the debut games.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Plenty of them were also rare, exclusive to Kanto, game exclusives, a bunch of baby Pokemon you never use, locked behind trade evolutions, etc. And it's a pretty small region to begin with. I've altered a ROM so it bypasses the trade evolution, and just evolves the Pokemon when they reach a certain level. The games are much more enjoyable that way. And maybe a GameShark code here and there to get certain late game Pokemon early on.

Octane

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

I'd totally recommend starting a gen 2 pokemon-exclusive file in gold or silver, so you can experience their terribleness first hand!

Like seriously most gen 2 pokemon had horrible, insulting movesets in the debut games.

One of Crystal's few fallacies was that it completely dropped Mareep and had few other electric types available. I typically build my main team out of Pokemon that can be caught before the credits. I was forced to use Magnemite/Magneton and MAN were they unimpressive.

I'll take Ampharos any day. It's way more versatile and is one of my favorite electric types to boot (along with Raikou, Manectric, Luxray, Zebstrika, and Zekrom to name a few).

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

I made the mistake of training Xatu and Jumpluff in my last Silver file, on the 3DS.

So I basically carried two pokemon with no moves during the main adventure.

At least Jumpluff had effective stalling tactics, but Xatu was useless until I got the TM for Psychic in Kanto.

Bloop.

Alantor28

Hey, I'm wondering about something. Is Mew included in a Pokemon Let's Go Bundle Pack that has either Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu or Let's Go Eevee and a Pokeball Plus? I asked that in the comment section of the article about how to get Mew in Pokemon Let's Go, but I figured the forums would also help.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

HobbitGamer

@Alantor28 what Yosh said. The bundle is literally a box that holds a game box and a Pokeball package. It’s also amazingly fun... 😉

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

So i ordered one Pikachu and I've eevie from Best buy. Instead i get two eevies.... FML...

First starlink now this. 0 for 2 best buy.....

NEStalgia

Sisilly_G

I must say, I was as skeptical as the next guy, but I love the new mechanics. Seeing the Pokémon running around in their natural habitat is a joy, however, it is quite jarring to see some of the more "realistic" Pokémon such as Pidgey and Rattata with the likes of Mr. Mime and Jigglypuff in their midst. Anybody who complains about newer Pokémon being less "realistic" are simply full of it. Absolutely full of it.

I just wish that forms that were introduced post Gen I were available in the game. Chansey without the option to evolve into Blissey or hold an eviolite has rendered the fat thing useless (I've been lucky enough to find about four of them so far though).

There are plenty of trainer battles to be had anyway (and post-game repeat battles with Gym Leaders), and the split between wild encounters and trainer battles has alleviated most of the tedium of grinding. I think we should at least have the option to choose between battle and capturing a Pokémon (so we're not forced to capture EVERY single Pokémon that we encounter). With that refinement in mind, I sincerely hope that they keep these altered mechanics in the 2019 game and beyond.

The lack of dual Joy-Con and Pro Controller support is absolutely inexcusable though. When playing in tabletop mode, I always play with either dual Joy-Con or a Pro Controller, so rather than be stuck playing awkwardly with a single vertically held Joy-Con (what the hell were they thinking?), I opted for handheld mode, which is something that I have never done before when I have had the option to play in tabletop mode.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfish don't think i didn't think of that.

@Yosheel yeah...i may end up doing that... Though bb is like 50 minutes away.... Which is why i buy these things online..... I guess i could stick with eevie, i might, but pikachu is more my thing. Never really had an attachment to eevie even though it's cute too.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

Help from the experts please!

This is my first real Pokémon experience. It's magical. But there are certain things I'm having trouble with and need some advice.

I just made it to the forest with bug catchers, and two of the Pokémon I've tried to catch now, the poke ball would open up after the third blink. And not just once but several times in a row, and then the Pokémon runs away. Why can't I catch these Pokémon? One was a Tiny Weedle, the other was this butterfly looking thing. I'm only like an hour and a half into the game so far. Just barely passed the first Village you come to with the Pokecenter and PokeMart.

Is it my Pokémon's levels? Is it the type of Pokeball I'm using? If so then how do I know which one I need to use? I only have normal ones right now aside from three special ones I got anyways.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

They may run away, it's normal.

Try giving them berries if you have any, if not then move on and try later with better equipment.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Also, try to time your circles. But it sounds like you’ve already been putting time into that. Some Pokémon will just straight run, too. Even in the other games, anything other than a masterball doesn’t give a 100% capture rate. Don’t get discouraged, I gave berries and wasted 8 great balls before a Jigglypuff fell to a no berry premiere ball. sigh

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Sisilly_G

@JaxonH : The colour of the ring shows you how likely you are to capture the Pokémon at any given time (and the colour may fluctuate between battles, even with members of the same species). Your likelihood of a successful capture will increase if you successfully aim within the ring, ideally, when it is as small as possible. A green ring indicates a very likely chance of success, a yellow ring a likely chance of success, an orange ring an unlikely chance of success, and a red ring a very unlikely chance of success (I am not aware if there are other colours that indicate an even lower chance of success as I am not too far into the game yet).

Using balls with higher capture rates, such as a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, will also help (and the colour of the ring may change to reflect the likelihood of success with your current ball). Just make sure to switch balls in between wild encounters as you may be wasting more expensive balls for no reason. Keep in mind that a Great Ball costs three times as much as a Poké Ball (and an Ultra Ball is double that of a Great Ball), so, you should consider whether it is worth using one instead of multiple Poké Balls. Berries will also help.

Also, make sure that you buy balls (any balls) in multiples of ten as you will receive a Premier Ball for every ten balls that you buy. The Premier Ball looks different to a regular Poké Ball, but otherwise has the same capture rate.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

JaxonH

@Silly_G
That's very helpful. Thanks!

I was under the impression I was supposed to land it inside the circle, and thus was trying to time it when the circle was largest, so as to have a better chance to "land it inside". But you're saying do the opposite and try to land it when it's smallest, then? Does that also require more skill than a large circle or does the size have no impact on your aim landing within?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Sisilly_G

@JaxonH : The smaller the circle is, the better (as that would require more care and skill). In ascending order, "Nice", "Great", and "Excellent" messages will appear to reflect your performance.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic