Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 3,072

Bolt_Strike

Anyone have a Sweet Apple available for trade? I want to evolve my Applin into Appletun but I have Sword. I have a Tart Apple available for trade, and I can trade any Sword exclusives up to Hammerlocke (Seedot, Scraggy, Galarian Farfetch'd).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AndyD

okay this is a technical question - is anyone having trouble when starting up Pokemon that it is kicking off your tv. i thought it was my tv, but i tried other games and it works just fine. But when I start up pokemon and about 1-2 minutes in it kicks the tv off....

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Maelwolf

@scubydo That’s weird, haven’t had anything like that, could be a defect with your game card. I’d return it for a replacement, see if the issue persists.

Maelwolf

OptometristLime

scubydo wrote:

So the wild areas....are interesting...I do have a question, any of the pokemon I get in the Raid battles, can they evolve into their other forms?

Did you receive an answer to this?

It seems like you are asking either if they can evolve or about the "max" mechanic... not sure.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Eel

As far as I know these are all regular Pokemon (besides the ones that can gigantamax)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AndyD

@Maelwolf well, ended up starting the game in handheld mode, and then docking it and it works...not sure why i can't start it in docked mode. Well, I went digital, so I can't really return it.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

-Green-

Is there anyway to spawn a specific Pokémon Max Raid Den?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Maelwolf

@scubydo I’d try contacting costumer service off Nintendo.com, see if they’ll do anything for you.

Maelwolf

jump

I really don't like the lack of trainers in this game, I'm miss the satisfaction of completing a gauntlet like route.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

Can you get more than 8 boxes in your storage PC?

Octane

jump

Galenmereth wrote:

So I just realized that Pokemon you train that have special Gigantamax forms don't get their form, because you have to capture a Gigantamax form Pokemon in a raid battle. Only Pokemon caught in their special Gigantamax form get to use it. I mean... what even?

That's just awful. That ruins the entire damn point of normal captures and training. And since you only get one shot at throwing a gigantic pokeball at a gigantamax pokemon, it also arbitrarily inflates gameplay time by adding maximum tedium on top. Great. That'll make up for the lack of interesting post-game content for sure.

So now we can add gameplay mechanic issue to the heap of problems with this game. Ugh.

Yeah, I only realised that when they where handing out those mystery gift Meowths. Whilst I really like the Snorlax giga form it's not something I plan on playing with as it's so gimmicky and there's already talk of banning them from the metagame.

On the plus side they will probably drop the giga-thing by the time the next game comes around.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Manah

For those reasons Gigantamax is another feature I'll ignore completely.

I thought more trainers would be nice until I went out of my way to avoid getting too many exp from captures (I have literally not caught a single pokemon I didn't need for my team since route 4) and my starter still evolved way before I even reached the first gym and my bird could two shot Milo's dynamaxed plant even in his normal form. I'm past Nessa now and the only battle that wasn't completely mindless was Marnie's absurd RNG luck.

Can't even enjoy the non-battle features without making things worse.

Edited on by Manah

Octane

@Manah That's why I keep 15 Pokemon around. I can easily train all of them without grinding.

Octane

Manah

@Octane That sounds like a good idea and I should've thought of it myself since that's what I did in X. Is 15 a good number to make things feel more balanced?

Octane

@Manah I believe so. Start out with 12, and add another one to your team if you feel you're over-leveled. I'm not a fan of the mandatory Exp Share, but I'm using the opportunity to train all new Pokemon, since I haven't seen any of them, nor their evolutions.

If you're using the Exp candy from raid battles, you can definitely support a team of up to 18 I feel.

Octane

Manah

@Octane Which incidentally covers all the types Though I'll probably just bring back whoever I had to cut from my team in the planning stage because of duplicate types. Thanks!

Sisilly_G

Octane wrote:

Can you get more than 8 boxes in your storage PC?

As you fill your box, additional ones will unlock. This has been standard operating procedure since about Gen IV or so. We normally get about 30 boxes in total.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

-Green-

Hidden abilities are locked behind Max Raid Battles. Which is both great and annoying since it means that you can acquire them for almost every Pokémon but it also adds another level of tedious RNG to acquiring it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Manah

This wouldn't even feel quite so bad if camping didn't give you even more exp. I'm not a competitive player at all and usually play these games for the adventure, but if I feel like I have (and half want) to rush the story just to be able to make curry and watch my Carkol roll around, that's not a good sign.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic