Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch 2019 Predictions Thread

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

Therad

Nintendo releases their new handheld line.
New Zelda announced, same open world concept, but in a less desolate state.
Metroid prime trilogy is released to hype up 4.

Therad

Roamer

Still no MMO on the switch. What about a WoW port after the success of Diablo?

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

rockodoodle

Agreed. Tho I think Mk9 will be announced.... Probably released in late May 2020.... Wishful thinking, December 2019.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think 2019 will be pretty much 2018 pt. 2 on the Switch front just with more 3rd party support. Spread out known first party 2019 games with Wii U ports (possibly also Wii HD remasters given the Skyward Sword tease) and DLC filling in gaps. If Smash and Pokemon is enough to keep 2018 momentum then Animal Crossing and Pokemon is for sure enough to keep 2019 momentum.

rockodoodle

SwitchForce

Roamer wrote:

Still no MMO on the switch. What about a WoW port after the success of Diablo?

And whom is going to pay them to use their service. Those sites don't come for free.

SwitchForce

Bbyuli87

I will love to see Zelda HD remaster collection on switch, Including OOT and MM

Bbyuli87

Magician

Roamer wrote:

Still no MMO on the switch.

Japan has Dragon Quest X and Phantasy Star Online 2. Sadly neither will ever be released in the west because...reasons. Anywho, although Switch doesn't have a big name MMO like ESO or FFXIV there is Elemental Knights R. But that's more of a mobile, cash grabby, action/rpg than an MMO.

P.S. - on a side note that's in line with the thread, I hope to see more third party support. Bandai Namco, Square-Enix, NIS America, Capcom, and Bethesda have arguably been the Switch's top third party supporters. Now that the Switch is on pace to overtake the Xbox One as the number two console in North America by June 2019, I'm ready for publishers to begin releasing more of their back catalog on the Switch.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Harmonie

I predict both Pokemon and Animal Crossing will be released in the September - November timeframe. Probably safer to say Pokemon for November, and Animal Crossing in September or October.

This a really safe prediction, I know. But some people really think that Animal Crossing will come out much sooner. I don't buy it.

In terms of Zelda, I really don't think we'll see a 3D Zelda. A 2D Zelda is possible.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Toy_Link

1st Party Predictions
Metroid Prime 4 Cinematic Teaser before E3 (not coming until 2020 still)
Mario Golf in July for Switch
A new 2D Zelda
Paper Mario 1/TTYD Remaster for 3DS
3rd Party Predictions
Namco: Keeps releasing Anime tie-ins with a few surprises scattered throughout the year (Dark Souls 2? Jump Force? Publishes the Switch port of Witcher 3?)
Sega: Sega Ages scattered throughout the year. Yakuza?
Ubisoft: Assasin’s Creed Trilogy in March, Maybe M+R 2? Licensed games in Winter
NIS: Rereleases Old Disgea titles and localizes RPG Maker. Liar Princess and Blind Prince releases Other Random games
EA: Releases one or two random titles and FIFA
2K: NBA 2K Return of WWE?
Square Enix: DQ XI in Japan More Final Fantasy
Bethesda: Doom Eternal Release in 2019?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

StuTwo

Mario 3D World to be ported late in the year

I think this is a reasonable guess. It’s clearly coming at some point, winter 2019 will be 2 clear years after Odyssey (& it’s a cleaner contrast with Odyssey than a Galaxy remaster would be) & in a separate financial year to NSMBUDX (perhaps part of the reason why that game is getting a January release instead of a more lucrative one).

Bayonnetta 3 will be a late 2019 release

I know a lot of people are skeptical but I think very late 2019 or very early 2020 are plausible for this one. It’s not a huge JRPG, the base mechanics are sound, Platinum knows what they’re doing with those games and they’ve probably been kicking it around since the last one wrapped.

MK8 DLC around or just after the 1 year anniversary of the Online service

Nintendo wants to retain as many of those subscriptions as possible. Substantial and attractive DLC for its most played online game is one of the best ways to do that.

Nintendo announces a new IP for an online focused game at E3

I’ve no idea what it’ll be but I think they know they need to show something that could work to support Splatoon, MK and Smash.

A 3D version of Zelda Four Swords (though I’d doubt that’s what we’re getting) is the sort of level of ambition I’d expect.

SNES games for the online service

Again this is something to help retain online subscribers. Regardless I’d also predict that by the end of the year the NES collection will be pretty big and start to look attractive to mainstream consumers.

Gameboy Classic edition

Once 3DS is dead and the Switch remains too expensive Nintendo will need a dirt cheap handheld. That’s why I think we’ll see this one before the N64 version.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

electrolite77

Total guesswork of course but...

JAN - NSMBUDX, Travis
FEB - Metroid Prime Trilogy
MAR - Daemon X Machina
APR - Yoshi
MAY - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (tie in with Avengers 4), Detective Pikachu HD (Western release of the film)
JUNE - Fire Emblem
JULY - Animal Crossing
AUG - Starfox GP, Pikmin 3 port
SEP - Mario Maker 2
OCT - Luigis Mansion 3
NOV - New Pokemon
DEC - 2D Zelda of some kind

Also think Nintendo will publish some sort of Professor Layton Collection

THIRD PARTY EXCLUSIVES
A new Ridge Racer
Super Donkey Kong Ball (easy tie-in with Sega, putting the DK cast into a HD Monkey Ball best of, with Online play)
Secret of Mana Collection (but SMT V will be 2020)

BIG PORTS
Assasins Creed Trilogy
COD - possibly remasters of the first two MW
Spyro Trilogy
Rayman Collection (everything up to Origins, maybe first on Nintendo, will include GBC/GBA games on Switch only)
DQ 11
Persona 5 and Persona 4 Golden
Tekken 7

Yeah optimistic I know but mainly all realistic ports

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

IceClimbers

January: NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again
February: Wonderful 101
March: Yoshi's Crafted World
April: Tokyo Mirage Sessions
May: Fire Emblem Three Houses
June: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Zelda Wind Waker HD
July: Animal Crossing
August: Daemon X Machina, Town
September: Yokai Watch 4, Paper Mario Color Splash
October: Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon
December: Metroid Prime Trilogy HD

2020 will have Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Mario + Rabbids 2, Pikmin 4, Retro's game, and a new Zelda.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

nocdaes

My 2019 predictions are as follows:
J - NSMBUD, SNES Games begin releasing for Online
F - Metroid Prime Trilogy & Mario Party DLC
M - Yoshi’s Crafted World
A - Daemon X Machina & Wonderful 101 Port
M - Fire Emblem Three Houses
J - Star Fox Zero HD Port & Mario Kart DLC 1 (1 New Cup, 4 Tracks (2 Retro, 2 All New), 3 Characters)
J - Animal Crossing
A - Star Fox GP
S - Bayonetta 3
O - Luigi’s Mansion 3
N - Pokemon
D - 2D Zelda & Mario Kart DLC 2 (1 New Cup, 4 Tracks (2 Retro, 2 All New), 3 Characters)

Rationale

• Bayonetta 1+2 remake has been out a long time now and I can't see a Metroid Prime Trilogy coming along and a Metroid Prime 4 before they get Bayonetta 3 out the door. I therefore think Bayonetta 3 will be 2019 and Metroid Prime 4 will be first half of 2020.
  • Mario Kart DLC is the only way I can see any new Mario Kart content arriving on the Switch in its current form. Working on and releasing a Mario Kart 9 makes little sense given the huge sales MK8 Deluxe is continuing to drive. However, I do believe new content will come. 2019 could be too soon... but I think 2020 is looking a lot busier so I'm suggesting it'll come this year instead. I also believe that new MK DLC is the perfect way to get people to purchase another 12 month subscription of Online.
  • Star Fox GP I'm putting down as a surprise for 2019. Retro have been silent for too long. It's beyond radio silence at this point. I think they'll announce their title early this year and get it out the door late Summer.

Q1 - Metroid Prime 4
Q2 - Mario Golf
Q2 - Super Mario Odyssey 2
Q3 - Pikmin 4
Q3 - Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics
Q3 - Paper Mario
Q4 - 3D Zelda

Edited on by nocdaes

nocdaes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.