Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 15,973

Grumblevolcano

Thinking about it, Nintendo will probably announce something in some form before the end of June. There's an investors meeting on June 26th and investors probably wouldn't be satisfied with Paper Mario being the only known 2020 release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano I hope you're right, but i'm not sure.

Investors are more interested in actual hardware and software sales against targets and projected sales for the rest of the year. If Nintendo say they will hit 68m switches sold and sell 25m games which is x% growth on last year, the investors will be happy, they won't care how they get to those numbers.

MarioBrickLayer

rallydefault

@MarioBrickLayer
Yea, but looking ahead with big new games never hurts.

I don't know, I'm up in the air on whether or not we'll hear something in June. It would be weird for any company OTHER than Nintendo to not share a little something when most other companies are, soooo.... we probably won't hear anything official lol

It would be pretty sick to get the Mario collection announcement on Friday after the PS5 stuff on Thursday though haha

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer @rallydefault I was thinking about how because of E3, there's been new Nintendo news a few weeks before the June annual investor meeting for like the last 25 years. So in the past at the meeting, investors pretty much know what the current financial year's lineup is.

This year is different as E3 was cancelled and currently all we know for the rest of the current financial year for Nintendo published games is:

• Pokemon Sword/Shield Isle of Armor DLC - June 17th 2020 (will be released by the time of the meeting)
  • Smash Ultimate ARMS character DLC - June 2020 (could be released by the time of the meeting)
  • Paper Mario The Origami King - July 17th 2020
  • Pokemon Sword/Shield The Crown Tundra DLC - Fall 2020
  • Bravely Default II - 2020

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Duboiss

I feel they would need to announce their big November/December game soon just to start building hype for it.

I have to say so far it’s a semi disappointing year first party wise, aside from Animal crossing (who was scheduled for 2019) and Paper Mario there’s no new new game really, like the end of 2019 was so packed they could have delayed demon x machina

Duboiss

rallydefault

@Duboiss
I'm kind of with you on that, but there are actually a ton of new games, just not 1st-party. I'm not really into Animal Crossing and Xenoblade, so it's been pretty barren for me, but I appreciate people who have had a lot to be excited about (Borderlands Collection and XCOM 2 just came out, for example).

rallydefault

Duboiss

My predictions/hopes that will surely never happen

Retro studio didn’t not do anything for 7 years and they have a completed game that will release before Prime 4

Next Level Game on a new Punch-out or Mario football

Hal said they have high hope for the future of Kirby and I feel it’s time the series jump from full 3D, they explored the idea with 3D rumble and one of the scrapped version of Return to Dream’and was a 3D game

Mercury Steam who did Samus returns on a brand new 2D game

Also with Sega cooperating with indie/ smaller studios to bring some of their franchise I would love Nintendo to do the same, F-Zero from the team at Shin-En who did the great Fast-RMX, the devs of Wargroove ok a new Advance Wars

I would love for Nintendo NST to start making more ambitious games than just the Mario vs Donkey Kong, I feel they did what they could with that franchise and there isn’t a lot left, and we could see a return of Wave-race (a producer of the series mentionned it a year ago if I remember correctly) or 1080 snowboarding

More collaborations between Nintendo and third party franchises, Hyrule and Fire emblem where great, Mario rabbit will definitely have a sequel, they are 3rd party game that automatically sells well because of the Nintendo IPs

The Project 0 will probably return after the devs are finish with the Fairy Tails rpg

Camelot forgot how to make good rpg but they can remake the first 2 games

We would have a new Kid icarus if it wasn’t for the 50 smash dlc

Expand the climbing from BOTW and reboot the Ice Climbers on a climbing/platformer game

And Common Reggie give us Mother 3 hahaha

Duboiss

FragRed

@Duboiss I’m just going to come out and say it. When you consider how long Retro Studios have been around for, they haven’t produced that many games. I think they have produced 7 titles (not including Metroid Prime Trilogy). Would bet they go through a fair amount of games that either get cancelled or don’t go further than concept stages.

There’s been rumours of at least 1 game they were supposed to be working on after Tropical Freeze but was also supposed to have been cancelled.

Would not surprise me if Metroid Prime 4, assuming it actually gets made and doesn’t quietly disappear, will be the first full release from Retro since Tropical Freeze.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

sanderev

@Grumblevolcano Nintendo can / will announce any game at any time now. It can be a month before launch, 2 months, 6 months, 2 years. But they can announce anything at any time.

I don't think we'll see a full Direct before 2021.

Edited on by sanderev

Thank you for reading my signature. Please have a cookie. 🍪

Noble_Haltmann

I think we’re gonna get decent sized news dropped roughly every other week through the summer. We had paper Mario in mid may, then Pokémon dlc last week, and I think next week were gonna get the smash reveal for the Arms character (something bigger to compete with the big PS5 reveal,) possibly on the 16th since it’s the game’s 3rd anniversary.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

link3710

@Duboiss MercurySteam with a new 2D Metroid seems all but guaranteed. They've been silent for three years now, which usually only happens when they partner with Nintendo (Konami has a loud mouth), and the Paper Mario rumor (the original one) also said 2D Metroid.

link3710

Dezzy

I don't think we're getting a Direct until September/October time.

I think we'll get the 3D Mario collection announcement at some point in the next few weeks. That'll be releasing late August, then everything else will be saved for the September Direct.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Duboiss

@link3710 Exactly and if I recall the rumors where also mentioning a new Wario ware

Duboiss

dionysos283

So do you guys think we'll still get an announcement for a new game this month?
Announcing a game 2 month in advance is pretty much the minimum time they need to market and retail the game. So if Nintendo plans to release a new game in August, they'll have to announce it in June, right? Which game(s) do you think it will be?

Edited on by dionysos283

dionysos283

BabyYoda71

@dionysos283 I think a Mini Direct staring Mario Remaster Rumour confirmation will appear pretty soon.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Grumblevolcano

@dionysos283 Yes, I think we will get something sometime during June 18th - June 25th. Something to show investors that Switch has a future after Paper Mario. If a Direct, I think it would be timed to coincide with the ARMS character reveal though I doubt it given the Paper Mario info last week.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

ComradeThom

I just watched the latest Nindie Nation video, a youtube channel which puts out weekly shows highlighting all indie releases and north american deals for the Switch each week (I will link below). Interestingly they said that all the deals are expiring earlier than their usual time frames, this Tuesday. Since creating the show they said that there have only been two times before where all of the deals expired outside of their usual time frame and both of those times were shortly followed by a surprise Nindie or Nintendo Direct. They cite that there are 1021 games on sale, I presume they mean on the North American eshop, which all went live just before the weekend but they all expire Tuesday 16th.

Obviously its by no means rock solid evidence, but I thought it was interesting and if Nindie Nation are right, we could see a direct in the next couple of days.

Heres the original Nindie Nation source for my post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvY0fujncYQ

ComradeThom

My Nintendo: CommieThom | Twitter:

Noble_Haltmann

@ComradeThom That’s really interesting! Never heard of directs trying to be predicted like that. If that method’s 2 for 2 so far then I think it’s got a decent chance of being correct! You never know though cause Nintendo is Nintendo and COVID has been forcing them to be even more Nintendo than normal, lol. Thanks for sharing!

rallydefault

Yea, that is an interesting prediction premise. I guess we'll find out in the next few days.

rallydefault

Noble_Haltmann

Yeah! Unless all it is was the "Pokemon Presents" thing. Though I assume the only reason that would affect eshop sales would be because something would shadow drop right after it (aside from the scheduled SW/SH DLC) which would be cool for Pokemon fans, but I'm personally not one of them and was hoping for something a bit bigger.

Edited on by Noble_Haltmann

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic