Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 241 to 260 of 15,874

bluemage1989

@Grumblevolcano i hate data miners but everyone seems to want the attention and there are people who want to know so i cant really be mad that they exist. Im not programmer but im surprised data miners are able to find this stuff thought it would be... i dont know... better hidden.

bluemage1989

the_beaver

My bet is that the Direct will finally be the seventh of February, later than expected, but they'll show a lot of good stuff and dates (Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing among them), and then they will release the SNES games at the very end of it. That would be "their thing" for February (being NSMBU for January and Yoshi for March)

the_beaver

troy258

@the_beaver next week or the 7th seems likely and I think we also get a final fantasy 7 or final fantasy 9 available now announcement.

troy258

chardir

@bluemage1989 the list of SNES games shouldn't be hidden, in as much as it just shouldn't be there at all. It's either code copied from the SNES Mini or test code that shouldn't be in the production build. Either way it's quite sloppy given that they know dataminers are out there.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

gcunit

chardir wrote:

... it's quite sloppy given that they know dataminers are out there.

Or quite deliberate...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bluemage1989

@chardir @gcunit I don't know the slightest thing about programming so please enlighten me as to why compromising data is left behind so often?? I mean is it easy to literally just miss a bit or is there technical reasons for it to be left or do they honestly want to do soft reveals to gauge reaction before confirming something.

bluemage1989

1UP_MARIO

I’d go with deliberate. Free advertising

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

In addition to there being no point in putting more effort, no matter what people find every single thing inside the eShop. It'd be pointless to put so much effort for probably like a day extra that they won't find it.

TuVictus

gcunit

Or, Nintendo just don't GAF whether data miners find some SNES data or not.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

No Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

There isn't going to be one in January. Possibly in March.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

@dannyBoi I still believe in january or february, march is just too far away, If they want to release marvel ultimate alliance alongside the movie, and fire emblem in may they can't wait until march to announce new games. It's also logical that they do a direct before the earning reports on the 31st of january for there investors. If Nintendo doesn't have any release dates of first party games expect yoshi people aren't going to have a lot of confidence in nintendo. And although sword art online, final fantasy and dragon's dogma are releasing in march these are games that are more for the Japanese audience. (although I also like these games)

troy258

Grumblevolcano

I'm going predict February 14th Direct and the earnings report announcement ends up being lots of info on Mario Kart Tour.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

If there is one in January, I will change my profile pic to Justin Beiber.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

NintendoByNature

You know you have a problem when every morning you wake up hoping for a direct. Sad life I live I suppose 😕

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

It’s gonna be February and I’ll guess they’ll announce paper mario colour splash. My guess not real

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

@DannyBoi i mean i dont mind them keeping technology and software close to the vest and all but, we all know a direct should be coming soon. It would bode well for them to at the very minimum tell consumers were having a direct in the month of January. And you can expect it on this date. It would get lots of people talking for weeks about Nintendo as opposed to days like the way they usually announce it. I guess im no business type though

NintendoByNature

ilikeike

I still think there's a slight chance remaining for a Direct in January, even with all the big news that's dropped lately. With the exception of Yoshi, pretty much all the big Switch announcements over the past few weeks were for ports: Dragon's Dogma, NES games, etc. Maybe Nintendo saw the negativity surrounding the massive amounts of ports that filled last year's directs, and they're focusing on getting the port announcements out of the way so they can focus on brand new games in the next direct.

Wishful thinking, I know, but I'm a Nintendo fanboy, I can't help myself!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic