Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 221 to 240 of 15,873

GeoChrome

@troy258 I would agree if the majority of people here hadn’t expected the direct to be on the same days the rumor listed, which were the 10th and 17th.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

troy258

@GyroZeppeli I think it's just that we want to know when we can play the games as soon as possible. And the rumour wasn't really a rumour it was just an educated guess. I hoped that it would happen on the 17th but because of the mortal kombat II reveal event, It wasn't really possible.

troy258

troy258

@ritouf Smash is huge but I wouldn't underestimate pokemon. If it's really a game for the hardcore and casual audience it could sell more than smash. If they release a zelda remake or remaster beside it you already have 2 holiday games. But I think that Nintendo still has something (maybe retro's game).

troy258

darkfenrir

Isn't the heavy hitter this year is Pokemon and Animal Crossing?

darkfenrir

troy258

@darkfenrir they both are heavy hitters but some are debating that animal crossing could release in the summer which would mean that they have/need something else for the holiday season.

troy258

Justifier

Luigi's Mansion 3 could lauch around halloween.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

troy258

@derkfenrir yes but we kind of need 2 heavy hitters last year had pokemon let's go and smash brother (and mario party if you want to count that it's still a mario game). So i think that luigi's mansion can fit into the mario party slot in october, pokemon in november, and september and december are empty at this point. So because nintendo said they would like to have a zelda game and a mario game each year, and we already got a mario game it would make sense to release a Zelda game in september or december, and one other game (retro's game, metroid prime triology,...)

troy258

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@Justifier I certainly see that and looking forward to the spooky season and probably invite a friend over to do explore LM3

Lemmy_the_Koopa

troy258

@ritouf I think this year will be different last year they had to delay yoshi and fire emblem to 2019 which explained the lack of new games.

troy258

DannyBoi

Looks possible there is no direct.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

Direct Minis are never announced in advance, instead of the Direct announcement you have the Direct Mini itself. Whether it happens or not, we'll just have to see in a bit under 6 hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

Direct mini will not contain much.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

@ritouf Yeah but I think they were planning to release Yoshi in summer but It couldn't make that window.

troy258

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi A Direct Mini could easily contain enough such that a normal Direct happens in March/April. Last year's Direct Mini had:

• A few Wii U ports (Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors)
  • A few DLC/content updates (Pokken Battle Pack, Mario + Rabbids story DLC confirmed DK themed, Luigi's Balloon World)
  • A new 1st party game (Mario Tennis Aces)
  • Already announced 1st party game recap (Kirby Star Allies)
  • Some 3rd party announcements (some new, some already announced)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

@Grumblevolcano stop giving me hope!!

Seriously though im just finishing up a week of night shifts in a few hours and it would be awesome if there was a mini direct when i wake up this afternoon.

One upside i have found to there not being a Direct is Nintendo are shaking up the routine which means they are harder to predict arrival dates which i think makes them less predictable and more exciting.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 The main downside is dataminers end up being the news source rather than Nintendo. If there was a Direct on the 10th, I'm pretty sure at least 1 thing unannounced by Nintendo and recently covered by Nintendo Life would've been a surprise.

Grumblevolcano

troy258

@grumblevolcano yep, we all know what you are talking about. I don't think people should datemine this stuff. If they want to do it for personal use, fine but know they are spoiling the suprise for everyone. I also don't like leaks because there is no added value in leaking something, you are ruining it for the person who got you the information and the nintendo fans.

troy258

gcunit

@Lemmy_the_Koopa About F-Zero... I was playing F-Zero GX on my Wii U recently. First I used a Gamecube controller (analogue triggers), then I tried using the Wii U gamepad (digital triggers) as the controller and the lack of control for drifting round bends compared to using the Gamecube controller was very noticeable and kinda made it unplayable. Could be that I'd get used to it, and perhaps the control scheme could be refined to better accommodate digital triggers, but I'm a bit concerned that it would just never be as good. And while they could allow Gamecube controller compatibility on a new game, I don't think I'd particularly want it if the handheld experience was borked.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@gcunit This might be a case where the pro controller will come in handy, other than that, please note that F-Zero GX was developed with a gamcube controller in mind, so they can very well migitate that problem with making the tracks more accessible to another control scheme or the handling of the cars. But I get you there, this is a came about split second decisions and high speed driving and you should not come away with the feeling, when you mess up, that it was the controllers fault!

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic