Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 15,874

Anti-Matter

I'm sure the Direct will not mentioning the Switch games that has been already confirmed from playasia with their official cover.

Anti-Matter

FragRed

I’m totally one hundred percent certain that there’s a one percent or higher that Nintendo will do something this week of some description. Maybe.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Dezzy

DannyBoi wrote:

Or nintendo will collapseXD! I'm 42% sure.

All jokes aside, it is really bad for their business to have such a long period of radio silence at a time that should be the very peak of the Switch's popularity. 3 and 4 years into a console life cycle are usually its best selling period. Which you really need to capitalize on with constant good games to keep people hyped.

@Anti-Matter

None of those are high-profile enough to make it onto a Direct.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DannyBoi

You can't post screenshots or video captures to Facebook. It has been like this since the 3rd February. I wonder what's going on?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

DannyBoi

@Dezzy Yeah, it is bad. A company can have their shares drop by being quiet. And they are being quiet.

Neoguardian86

@DannyBoi Man i thought i was the only one having this problem. Have been really wanting to share screenshots for a few weeks now.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

DannyBoi

@Neoguardian86 If you go on nintendo's maintence site, it says posting to Social media ongoing. Since feb 3rd.

1UP_MARIO

Is it here yet.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DannyBoi

@1UP_MARIO No. Handsome jack took over Nintsndo. And now there is a space station hovering over nintendo.

DannyBoi

Isn't there a pokemon video/direct on the 27th?

DannyBoi

@Dezzy How long do you think until this silence affects Nintendo's share?

link3710

@Dezzy Have they really had a long period of silence though? We had
September - General Direct and B-K
October - ... I have no idea
November - Terry gameplay reveal
December - NSO Games and Indie World, MUA 3 DLC, Bravely Default II
January - Pokemon Direct with DLC, Home and PMD Remake, Byleth Reveal and release, Fire Emblem DLC date, MUA3 free update, new Animal Crossing trailer
February - so far the Animal Crossing Switch announced, NSO Games

I'm sure I've forgotten some (especially in October and November), but they've kept up a steady stream of updates and information, over the last couple months even without a general direct.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo do have a few DLC releases that don't have release dates that could be info while waiting for the next general Direct. MUA3 has the Fantastic Four wave which launches Spring 2020 and Luigi's Mansion 3 has the first wave of the multiplayer DLC which comes sometime before the end of April (first announced in December). Also Nintendo revealed the 2.0 update for Mario Maker 2 out of nowhere in December so they could do something similar for the next update.

The only major info that has to happen soon is Animal Crossing because we know so little and it releases March 20th. Well unless Animal Crossing is being delayed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Do you think Nintendo is planning something big?

link3710

@DannyBoi Genuine question: Why are you hoping for a Direct so badly? The Switch library is about to surpass the PS1 and PS4's lifetime library, placing it only behind the PS2 in terms of number of games. I'm curious what sort of experience you're hoping to find. Maybe there's games out now you aren't even aware of that would help?

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi Nope, I think 2020 will be like 2016 and 2018. Early year Direct(s) makes it seem like the year is promising and from E3 onwards Nintendo devotes all their attention to 1 game which "wins" E3 but is still a very boring experience seeing Nintendo ignore everything else.

In 2016, it was BotW (launching March 2017).

In 2018, it was Smash Ultimate (launching December 2018).

In 2020, I think it's BotW 2 (launching March 2021).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

@link3710 @DannyBoi great question. I would also like to know.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DannyBoi

@link3710 Because I want Nintendo to announce they are overhauling the Online service. Among other things.

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano This is the last week that we can get a direct. As next week there is a Pokemon presentationdirect.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic