Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 15,822

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi You wouldn't find a major online overhaul in a Direct though, at most you'd get an announcement on GBA or N64 being added in a Direct in September.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

@Grumblevolcano 2016 was a transition year, as they were gearing up to release the Switch in early 2017. The Wii U was pretty much dead, so they weren't too focused on it anymore. What we're dealing with here is a very much alive system, and thus focusing almost entirely on a game that is coming out next year instead of a holiday title for this year doesn't seem right.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

@DannyBoi You're out of luck then. As GrumbleVolcano said, online is only mentioned exclusively in September directs (cause that's when renewals are for the most people). Expecting it here will just lead to pain.

link3710

FragRed

I assume the reason you can’t post anything to Facebook is the same reason Sony pulled out of allowing people to post to Facebook. It’s just a thought but Facebook has such messed up policies especially regarding your personal information that maybe Nintendo, like Sony, thought it best to back out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

We never learn. Everybody is so certain of everything until it doesn't happen lol

That being said, Direct later this week, Skyward Sword port announced, voice chat and expanded friend function incoming for Online members.

Mario Kart 9 holiday 2020 game.

rallydefault

Dezzy

DannyBoi wrote:

@Dezzy How long do you think until this silence affects Nintendo's share?

Share price has been in constant decline since Christmas:

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@rallydefault Pffffft I don't believe we'll see any of those features in the life of the Switch or a direct this week. Guess we'll see.

@Dezzy Honestly, trending downwards isn't accurate outside of looking at the super short term. The stock's been trending sideways excluding a dip after the Q1 financial briefing, with variations within normal fluctuations in the market. It's about to hit a support, so unless it breaks through it's probably just about done falling.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Yeah well it's not really a meaningful metric to measure the long term value anyway, is it?

A far better measure is something like the number of consoles being sold on a weekly basis. Last I checked, that's still at it's kind of average peak of about 300,000 a week. So no damage has really been there yet.

Their job is to keep those numbers up for the next 2 years though, if they want it to be a success on the level that the Wii was. That's definitely not gonna happen without some pretty huge game releases, and possibly another hardware iteration (although I'm thinking they'll probably wait another year for that)

link3710

@Dezzy Well, more the midterm. The reason it's falling is because Nintendo's stock value spiked before Christmas, so it was overvalued. So even if they do well, it'll still fall until it hits an equalizing point.

But yeah, I mean, I expect to see not only BOTW2, Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime 4 before the end of the Switch's lifetime, but Super Mario Odyssey 2, a major new IP, and at least one more AAA release (Pikmin 4 maybe?). Not to mention the inevitable new hardware of course. I'm sure there plenty left on the horizon.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Well I don't know that much about how the stock market works, but why exactly would that be considered being overvalued?
Why wouldn't it be considered the alternative explanation, namely that the first release of their best-selling franchise on the system has permanently added to the stock value?

OorWullie

The Direct will be announced today or tomorrow, I'm sure of it. I like making predictions for what will be revealed so here are mine.

A new exclusive game for Switch Online members. Like Tetris 99, it'll be a classic game with a twist. Perhaps a competitive NES/SNES Remix or Dr Mario 99. The last one isn't going to happen but I'd love it if it did. Whatever it is, it'll be able after the Direct.

Mario Galaxy 1&2 HD or 3D World. Summer 2020

Starfox GP or Donkey Kong Racing or something that involves racing. I'm just not confident it'll be Mario Kart 9. MK8D sales are too good that it doesn't make sense. DLC for 8 though could still happen though. Whatever it is, it'll release sometime in the Autumn.

Breath of the Wild 2, I'm confident it's going to be the big Xmas game.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Dezzy

Hmmmm youtube keeps recommending old Nintendo Directs to me for some reason.

I don't know if that's just the algorithm correctly predicting what I'm looking for based on my video choices, or if it's signalling the fact that something's on its way, like with their playlist being updated.

OorWullie

Just had a thought, Thursday is the 20th of February which is 20/02/2020 or in NA 02/20/2020. Perfect date for a blockbuster Direct.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Dezzy

Which part are you trying to point to?

troy258

So based on what we got last year's direct I made my own direct predictions:
Paper Mario - Super mario maker 2 (rumored) Bravely Default 2 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (confirmed)
Catherine Full body - Bloodstained (rated) Xcom 2 - Dragon Quest Builders 2 (rated) Bioshock the collection - Dragon Quest 11S (rated),
SMT IV complete (includes apocalypse) + SMT V teaser - Rune Factory 4 + 5 teaser (Personal guess)
Trails Of Cold Steel 3 - Oninaki (confirmed) Xenoblade chronicles - Fire Emblem (confirmed)
Outer worlds - Dead By daylight (confirmed), No more Heroes 3 - Daemon X machina (confirmed)
Doom Eternal - Mortal kombat 11 (confirmed), Sea of solitude - Unravel 2 (personal guess)
Far cry 3 remasterd - AC3 Remasterd (personal guess) Wind waker HD - Link's awakeing (personal guess)
Kingdom Hearts the story so far - Final fantasy games (personal guess).

I really pray that they announce a direct soon because a lot of (potential) direct announcements have already leaked. I'm not worried that we won't have any games to play I just want to know when the games are releasing.

troy258

Anti-Matter

Some peoples are really anxious without the Direct so far.
According to Doug Bowser if i remembered, Nintendo will NOT release the games if still not ready to be released.
If there is no Direct yet, probably the games are not ready yet to be announced.
Better announced late but with exact release date rather than early announce but scrapped or delayed at the end.

Anti-Matter

Yoshi87

@Anti-Matter I actually wonder if the coronavirus might have something to do with the delay.

Clearly, Nintendo has no choice but to continue with releasing Animal Crossing as they have already announced it and the new themed Switch systems were probably manufactured in a large enough quantity, prior to the virus spreading significantly, that my guess is they have enough supply until at least early April.

However, I wonder if cartridge manufacturing is similarly affected? If so, I expect Nintendo might delay some of the currently unannounced first party titles to ensure enough quantity is available for shipping, hence the current delay in the Direct. Just a theory.

Yoshi87

troy258

@Yoshi87 If the coronavirus really is the cause of the direct drought. I would be okay with it but then Nintendo should just issue a statement: due the coronavirus outbreak in China the cartridge manufacturing is delayed. We insure all of you that games are still coming and as soon as these issues have been resolved we will let you know.

Nintendo staying quiet wouldn't be the solution in this situation.

troy258

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic