Forums

Topic: Mario Vs Donkey Kong ‘24

Posts 41 to 60 of 90

NinChocolate

@kkslider5552000 Perhaps. But there’s only one Miyamoto in the games industry and this is his first big movie producer credit. How Nintendo handles that may just ‘go against trends’

NinChocolate

Vortexeo

Man, I played Mini-Land Mayhem back on the DS as a kid. Seeing this franchise making a comeback makes me pretty happy

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Croctopus

It stings that this isn't an actual Donkey Kong game but I'm actually a little happy that this is the first Mario vs. Donkey Kong game. I enjoyed this back on GBA but I lost interest as soon as it changed to the Minis gameplay from the second game onward. I think the music in this game is underrated. The theme for the true final boss battle is surprisingly epic and hits hard. It sounds perfect for a showdown between two iconic Nintendo characters.

It's timely that this game is announced after Charles Martinet has stepped away from voicing Mario. It was so funny hearing him talk as Mario much more than usual, especially when he keeps complaining about DK getting away.
"Stop! Not again!"
"Here we go again! Woohoo!"
"Here we go again! Again?!"
You'd think he'd be used to that with Bowser. Not hearing Mario's lines will take some getting used to.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It's weird how Mario vs. Donkey Kong started as a quasi-sequel to Donkey Kong 94 and then just became Lemmings, forever.
I would much prefer more of the former tbh.

Well unfortunately I meant more of a new game, and this is like 3rd most relevant to me just out of currently confirmed, upcoming Mario remakes.

Still cool this exists tho.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bolt_Strike

@Vortexeo This game is a bit different from Mini-Land Mayhem, you're not controlling the Minis and letting them roam throughout the levels and chaotically trying to keep them out of trouble, you're controlling Mario himself freely and platforming like a main series 2D platformer. If you can tolerate that though, it is pretty similar otherwise though.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FishyS

I've never played one of these games, but excited to get the chance. After playing so much Captain Toad, I'm looking forward to another Mario-franchise puzzle game.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

dionysos283

So, is the original Mario vs. DK on GBA any good? I'm not really convinced the remake is worth the 50€ price tag. Any opinions?

dionysos283

Servbot_EJ

I'll probably have to go ahead and grab this one. I was a big fan of the original Donkey Kong '94 on the GB and I happened to miss out on the GBA game. This version looks very nice and I've been wanting to get back into the puzzling levels of the original.

Seeing this game reminded me of something though. I've once heard that the GBA Donkey Kong would have connected to a GameCube version, allowing you to make your own levels and transfer them back to the GBA. This was cancelled, but wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo adds a level creator back into the Switch version?

Servbot_EJ

PedroMatos

I can't really see a 50€ value for this game, and I have to question the need for a remake when putting it on NSO would've worked just fine.

Even though fans generally dislike the focus on Minis in the following games, I must say I absolutely detest Nintendo's refusal to remake/remaster games in bunches and sell them as collections. This would have tons more value if it included more than a single, 5-hour long GBA game.

PedroMatos

AsteronDarkMage

I actually have quite the fond memories of the GBA Mario vs Donkey Kong, I have no issues paying $40 for the remake or even $50 so long as they add in something extra that couldn't be implemented in the original due to it being on an older hand held that couldn't handle much.

PhantomClone

Croctopus

"Pieces of the Puzzle" Trailer

There's a new two-player mode, two new worlds, extra hard levels, and a Time Attack feature after beating every single level. There's also difficulty settings with Classic and Casual.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Good to hear that they're adding two new worlds... I was kinda worried that there wouldn't be any new levels for the Switch version, so it's definitely appreciated. I do wanna pick this game up at some point. It would've been a nice birthday present for me... but it's coming out a month after my birthday. Oh well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Nintoz

Played the demo and thought it was pretty good!
Not sure if I'll pick up the full game though as I have the GBA version on my 3DS which I haven't got round to yet.

Also, I think it's baffling that Nintendo (to my knowledge) has never tried producing Mini-Mario Toys! Perhaps they're worried a giant ape will steal them all or something idk

Edited on by Nintoz

Nintoz

Fizza

@Nintoz I really need to get around to playing that demo myself; I went from being aggressively disinterested to extremely intrigued within the span of about 2 trailers for MvsDK and now I'm genuinely really looking forward to playing it eventually XD

Also, while they haven't made actual Mini-Mario toys (for who knows what reason), plushies of the little guys are releasing in Japan!
Untitled
https://nintendowire.com/news/2024/01/26/mini-mario-plushes-i...

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

NinChocolate

The Demo was great but not much to it. The character models look nice especially the shy guys. Hopefully a new game follows this in the sunset of the next gen!

NinChocolate

Nintoz

@Fizza Oh awesome! Now all they need to do is say "Mamma Mia!" when you squeeze 'em XD

Nintoz

FishyS

very short demo but I made it longer by getting stuck on level 2 for 20 minutes before finally figuring out how to high jump. 😆 Apart from my own stupidity, super cute and fun. I was planning to wait on this game, but I may not be able to resist it.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

GalaxicGlobe

@Fizza THOSE ARE SO CUTE! I want those lol

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Bolt_Strike

I've played the original, but I went ahead and played the demo to see how the graphics and controls are (or if any of the changes were playable, but they weren't aside from 2 player mode). The graphics are definitely significantly improved and the game is perfectly playable (although I did initially have trouble figuring out how to grab before relenting and touching a hint button to see it was X/Y). Really the only thing I don't like is what they did with the music, the original tracks were a bit more lively and punchy and these are more ambient and subdued, but that's a minor criticism. Anyone who hasn't played the original should definitely get this, it's a fun little puzzle platformer that had a ton of content even in the original and now has even more. If you liked DK '94 or 2D puzzle platformers in general you'll probably like this one.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic