Forums

Topic: Mario Vs Donkey Kong ā€˜24

Posts 81 to 90 of 90

SuperBEM

I got this game on Feb. 15, and my kids started playing with it right away. It worked fine and they were going through the various levels. Then last night I tried to play it, and after the Donkey Kong cut scene at the beginning (where he goes to the to Mario factory) it got to the splash screen with the title and the images of Mario and DK. Here it said "Press L+R" to begin, but pressing those buttons no longer works on the game. I have three different switches, eight controllers, and four Nintendo accounts. Yet no matter what combination of those that I tried the game still won't start when I press L+R, so I know it's not a hardware issue. In fact, once it gets to the splash screen now none of the buttons work; I have to turn off the game, eject the card and re-insert it to get to the point where the A & B buttons work, and they only work through the cut scene, once the title screen comes on then all of the buttons stop working. Again, though, the game did work for the first couple of days. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution? Thanks.

SuperBEM

GalaxicGlobe

@Croctopus That bass sounds awesome!

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

Croctopus

Mystic Forest's remixed music is all just beautiful.

Spooky House's tracks are done very well, too. That saxophone in the second track!

Whirling Deep Cut Fan

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

rallydefault

@SuperBEM
I know Iā€™m gonna sound like a jerk, but are you pressing L and R shoulder buttons and not L and R triggers?

I only say because lots of games tell you to press L and R, but they typically accept shoulder and trigger inputs, but not this game. The first time I played it I tried the triggers as usual, but it needed the shoulders.

rallydefault

Sisilly_G

@Dogorilla : It's likely that his lines for this were recorded quite some time before Wonder (and his subsequent recasting). In the event of re-releases of past games (such as 3D All Stars), I'm sure they'll leave the existing recordings be, but this may just be the last time that we'll be hearing Martinet as Mario in any official capacity as far as new games go.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dogorilla

@Sisilly_G Oh, it's actually new recordings? I was assuming they were reused from the original.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Sisilly_G

@Dogorilla : I haven't played the original, but I've just come back from watching some gameplay footage of the original, and they're definitely new recordings. I'm not sure if they would have future-proofed the original recordings at a high enough quality to be able to reuse them in a home console game. With remakes, I would never assume that they would re-use old audio recordings as there would be new content and more sophisticated cutscenes/FMVs that they would need to record fresh dialogue for.

But from what I had briefly seen, the bits of dialogue were better in the original too.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dogorilla

@Sisilly_G Fair point, and I suppose that would explain why the remake doesn't have all the old voice lines in. It is a bit of a shame though, since the original lines had a bit more character than in most Mario games.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

rallydefault

Just got my "All Cleared!" on my file. Really fun little game, but probably only took me about 6 hours to beat every level. Not sure if I want to do all the time trials.

Really did have fun with it, though, and a couple of the expert levels took a number of lives from me.

rallydefault

net777

I got this for my girlfriend but even if you choose casual, it still stresses you.

Is there a way to go faster or some shortcuts maybe?

We have two Switch Lite, can we use them to play Co-op?

net777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic