Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis Aces

Posts 201 to 220 of 311

Haru17

H– H-Hey guys... what if the Mario-branded tennis game tried to attract more people than would normally be into tennis. You know, like people who would be into – I don't know – Mario. They could make it feel better to hit tennis balls and have the video gamey elements like Mario Strikers, then just remove all of those with a 'boring normal tennis' option for all of the boring normal tennis fans.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

link3710

@Haru17 Uh... isn't that exactly what Mario Tennis Aces is?

link3710

Anti-Matter

Haru17 wrote:

H– H-Hey guys... what if the Mario-branded tennis game tried to attract more people than would normally be into tennis. You know, like people who would be into – I don't know – Mario. They could make it feel better to hit tennis balls and have the video gamey elements like Mario Strikers, then just remove all of those with a 'boring normal tennis' option for all of the boring normal tennis fans.

Mario Tennis Aces have 2 Ways to play: Gimmick play (Using Power gauge meter and Skills) & Normal Play (No Gauge meter, No skills), so Mario Tennis Aces can entertain for BOTH Casual audiences (Play Normally) & Hardcore audiences (Play with Skills & Gimmicks).

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

That trailer was hilarious.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

EvilLucario

Yeah, I loved this trailer. It's still so surreal to get such good marketing for the Switch compared to the Wii U.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Judi

Good, because there were shots I made in the online demo that I'm fairly sure were out, but still counted lol.

Also I love that want mario does his little hat signature, the noise is the beginning of the mario theme.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Ryu_Niiyama

@EvilLucario Yeah I don't know who was promoted to customer in the marketing department but they are doing much better this time around.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Maxz

@Grumblevolcano Only in Swing Mode (aka Party Mode) according to the small print. Which is a good thing. In the proper game I'd like the umpiring to be 100% accurate, unchallengeable, and invisible.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

AndyD

Still on the fence about this...I love the concept and idea. I am just wondering if I want to drop $60 on this... with everything else coming out.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Anti-Matter

@Bliquid
Oh, since you have finished Adventure Mode, what is the purpose to play Adventure Mode ?
Unlocking another hidden characters or things (Racket, outfits, places, New Modes, etc) ?
How to play in Casual Mode (No Gimmick, just like Wii Sports) ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

EvilLucario

Online is much smoother than the demo was. Did a few matches and even when it stuttered a bit, it was never terrible like it could sometimes. So they did patch up online thankfully.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Judi

@Bliquid If you had read pre-release reviews, you would have known this already and could have waited for the game to go on sale at a price you found appropriate, or to get a used copy. Everything you've said is stuff I had read in reviews early this week.

Personally I don't mind a light single-player experience. Mario Tennis 64 is still near-and-dear to me, and that game had practically had nothing in terms of single player and was well before online multiplayer was a thing. IIRC all you could do is play tournaments or single matches, or local multiplayer. So I guess from my perspective, this game is exactly what I would have expected out of a Mario Tennis entry.

Judi

@Bliquid The fact remains that you bought it despite your criticism, implying that the price is actually correct

Grumblevolcano

I bought it day 1 because I'm pretty sure all online games except Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Smash Ultimate and games with XB1/PC crossplay will be negatively affected by the paid online service in September so I want to enjoy the online while it lasts.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

So Adventure Mode took me around 2.5 hours to complete. Not very long and it seems very one-and-done. If you were hoping for a meaty single-player, you're not going to find it here unfortunately. It's really all about the multiplayer.

Which is fine by me, but not everyone is going to play multiplayer forever. But Mario Tennis is so much fun online, and 95% of the lag has been fixed.

Hopefully they keep adding new features to this game like they did with Splatoon and ARMS. That would be rad.

zool

@Deleted Again an Nintendo game let down by the single player mode. According to some reviews just out.

This happens most of the time in multi-player games.

zool

Grumblevolcano

I finished all the single player content, all Adventure levels completed and all tournament cups beaten.

While it is shorter than I was hoping, the single player content was fun and did its job which is to make you better prepared for online.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Game is super fun and gameplay is super solid and addictive.

But holy geez people online are good at this thing already.

I'm playing mostly in the "simple" tournaments, and I'm winning less than half of the time, and I thought I was pretty decent.

The Boo slices are insane, so I started playing net on Boo players and get much better results. The defensive people like Jr. and Waluigi are super tough, though. It seems like they can reach anything. It just gets super stressful because it's such a mental-type game of fake outs and placements. Very fun, but online is stressful haha

rallydefault

Not_Soos

I don't particularly mind the single player campaign being short, but even local multiplayer (which should be the main focus) feels like an afterthought. Not being able to just select the exact court you want without having to toggle the rest off is annoying, but not a deal breaker. What REALLY irks me, however, is that there doesn't seem to be any way to play a local match longer than a single set of two games. Every previous Mario Tennis game let you have full-length tennis matches that were like best of three or five sets. That's already in the game in the single player, so why not local?

It's completely baffling and severely dampers the overall game experience, as I was so looking forward to playing this game locally with my brother. With such short matches that can be over in just a few minutes, what's even the point? It's such a simple feature, and it blows my mind it would be absent.

Someone PLEASE correct me if there is a way to play longer matches with friends. If not, Camelot better be working on an update to address this. We already know they're apparently patching in Local Wireless play, so this better be there as well..

Edited on by Not_Soos

Not_Soos

Switch Friend Code: SW-0365-3043-2731 | 3DS Friend Code: 2836-0531-4472 | My Nintendo: Aaron | Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic