Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 401 to 420 of 2,057

Spoony_Tech

I'm avoiding any and all footage till the game comes out. I already feel Nintendo has revealed too much. I don't need to see more to convince me I will enjoy this.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@Spoony_Tech: My sentiments exactly. I only saw about half of the E3 footage before forcibly cutting myself off.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

Same here, I think I watched 10 minutes of the Treehouse footage before I closed the stream.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

Octane wrote:

Same here, I think I watched 10 minutes of the Treehouse footage before I closed the stream.

I watched more and regret every minute of it. The treehouse can be good but for me they always reveal too much of a game. I also feel like I played 20% of Samus Returns because of the treehouse.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech I know. I think they showed two worlds? But it feels like I already know half the game. They showed off some secrets and that's where I said ''nope!''. I've been waiting for this game since Sunshine, so I want to go in blind. Especially since we don't get this kind of Mario game often at all.

Octane

Som64

I see that a lot of people don't want any spoilers from this game. So I will be extra cautious if I find a new video of Super Mario Odyssey or an image. I will be sure to put it in a spoiler tag like this.

Even if it isn't too much to me it may still be spoiler for someone else.

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Nicolai

Today I learned how a toilet works. It was constantly running, and it was wasting a lot of water, so I took a few minutes, did some experiments, and, long story short, I'm now a professional plumber. And then I thought: "OMG I'm Mario!"

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

SLIGEACH_EIRE

New piece of art released on Twitter.

Untitled

Which according to Neogaf, confirms that there's at least 7 different worlds within the game.

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1390798&page=48

And they are:

– Metro Kingdom
– Sand Kingdom
– Wooded Kingdom
– Luncheon Kingdom
– Cascade Kingdom
– Cap Kingdom
– Cheep Cheep Kingdom

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Midnightbirds

This has bugged me for a long time, but do the kingdoms consist of multiple levels?

Like is New Donk City the only "level" in the metro Kingdom or are there other ones?

Midnightbirds

JoyBoy

I want DLC Kingdom

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

I really enjoy water levels except for 2D Mario games it seems. If the Cheep Cheep Kingdom plays like Isle Delfino or Galaxy's shell diving levels, it'll be great.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Midnightbirds Every kingdom has one level (as far as we know). So New Donk City is the only level in the Metro Kingdom. Makes the second name a bit redundant, but I think it'll make sense when they reveal a level set in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Octane

Zyrac

Octane wrote:

@Midnightbirds Every kingdom has one level (as far as we know). So New Donk City is the only level in the Metro Kingdom. Makes the second name a bit redundant, but I think it'll make sense when they reveal a level set in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Reminds me of how Kirby's Epic Yarn called every world Something Land, with the last one being Dream Land. That was cool.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Eel

Meanwhile in Mexico:

"did you hear mario has a mexican costume in the new game?"
"oh that's cute"

(then we go back to sleep under the shade of a cactus)

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

19Robb92

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Some people seem to think it's because of some sort of political correctness.

Heh, that's silly. Especially considering the Mexican outfit will still be in the game. Seems more likely they removed it due to the quality of the image. If you look at a high-res version of the original proposed box-art, the picture of Mario in the Mexican outfit is blurred - while all others are clear. They probably just wanted to fix that since it looked pretty bad.

Edit:
Open this in full-screen (or zoom-in) and you'll clearly notice the Mexico pic looks out of place;
http://cdn4.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Switc...

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Octane

Why?

At least it's still in the game.

hopefully...

Octane

Eel

Oh if they remove it completely then players here will be annoyed.

Also, seeing the higher quality pic, it's not that it's a lower quality, Mario is actually shivering and out of focus.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

New theory, they've changed the box art because Cheep Cheep World wasn't revealed when they first showed the box art at E3. It shows a bit more variety this way, there's already a desert-y level in the top left (at least it looks like a desert in the image).

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic