Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 421 to 440 of 2,057

19Robb92

Meowpheel wrote:

Mario is actually shivering and out of focus.

Yeah, whatever it is, it's definitely not meant to be like that considering all the other photos are crystal-clear. I imagine it's just a silly mistake that they wanted to fix before release.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Eel

It's kinda interesting that mario can be out of focus though (and that they choose to use that particular picture). I wonder what happened there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

19Robb92

Meowpheel wrote:

It's kinda interesting that mario can be out of focus though (and that they choose to use that particular picture). I wonder what happened there.

I would assume that it's nothing more than an editing mistake by the people who designed the box-art. Maybe they were stressed to reach their deadline at the time, who knows - mistakes happen.

In any case, I'm pretty sure people are blowing it out of proportion with this "politically correctness" stuff.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Haru17

I mean the box art looks better with more cool colors.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

I suppose it's possible Nintendo is doing this for another headline.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Maxz

It's funny (and slightly sad) how people of varying persuasions are so on-edge that a complete non-issue like an tiny box arteration is something anyone cares about beyond minor aesthetic preferences. The idea of anyone being upset by Mario in a sombrero is definitely silly, but the idea of people going, "IF WE FIND OUT YOU'VE BEEN DOING THIS NOT TO UPSET ANYONE NINTENDO, WE'RE GOING TO BE SO UPSET!" is just as silly.

I think the new box art looks slightly better colour wise, and more dynamic and interesting, but you could give me either and I'd probably not notice.

What I'm more interested in is the splashy sea world itself.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

Give those Cheep-Cheeps a sombrero, problem solved.

Octane

Tyranexx

FriedSquid wrote:

Either way, regardless of why the boxart was changed, it looks better. No need to complain if you ask me.

Agreed, regardless of political correctness. Overall, I like how the game seems to be shaping up.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MsJubilee

19Robb92 wrote:

In any case, I'm pretty sure people are blowing it out of proportion with this "politically correctness" stuff.

This is the internet. People like blowing things out of proportion.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Som64

A gif of Mario landing with the Odyssey.
And here's a translation from the Japanese Mario Odyssey twitter:

"Good morning.
In order to disembark The Odyssey, a ramp is needed.
When in flight, it folds back into The Odyssey and stores itself."
Translation by http://www.jtyaku.net/super-mario-odyssey-fold-out-ramp/

Untitled

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Octane

It's there for when Captain Toad visits him in his ship.

Octane

Tyranexx

Why does that vaguely remind me of the ship from Pikmin 3?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Nicolai

@Meowpheel Clearly you don't understand luxery. Do I "need" this $700 smartphone?
Do I "need" a TV in the bedroom, when my living room is only 8 steps away? Does anyone really "need" a refrigerator in their car, when coolers do the job just fine?

No. But Mario - needs - this ramp! It makes him feel like being in Peach's castle again. Just give him this one thing! #Treatyoself

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nin10dad

Odyssey is £42 on Amazon U.K. For pre order, £40 if you're a Prime member.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Nicolai

@Meowpheel Lol, to be fair, if I lived in a house where I had to jump down from my porch to go to work every morning... that would actually be kind of fun, but I bet guests would make assumptions. Can't say my wife-to-be would be comfortable with it, and if it's a place I grow old in, I might be in some trouble.

Then again, a pull-out ramp a-la Uhaul truck would probably turn some heads, too.

... I'm sure Nintendo thought of all of this during the design sessions, huh?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Luna_110

Maybe someone gave Mario a discount on the ramp! XD

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Tyranexx

Luna_110 wrote:

Maybe someone gave Mario a discount on the ramp! XD

Must've been DK. XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic