Forums

Topic: Let's talk names

Posts 141 to 160 of 178

WebHead

@Inkling: Kimishima said NX won't be the next Wii or Wii U, so any name with the word Wii in it is very unlikely.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Churchy

Nintendo Scorpio

Untitled

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

WebHead

I like the idea of Nintendo Home.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ilia3

Nintendo Athens
Nintendo Athena
Nintendo Olympus
Nintendo Macedonia
Nintendo Parthenon
Nintendo Rhodes
Nintendo Maiandrus
Nintendo Odyssey
Nintendo Heraclues
Nintendo Sparta
Nintendo Icarus
Nintendo Hydra
Nintendo Calypso
Nintendo Penelope
Nintendo Zeus

I like these names why reminds me the beauty and simplicity of Achient Greece and sounds better than numbers, acronyms, 'wii' brand names and retro consoles rehashes. Also i inspired from codename beta windows versions like Chicago (Windows 95), Whistler (Windows XP), Longhorn (Windows Vista), Vienna (Windows 7), Threshold (Windows 10)

Edited on by ilia3

ilia3

Wittgenstein

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo Prime

I like this name, though they would have to go back to making better games as if they were still in their prime.

I lead the way through the great unknown! Never knowing what I'll find...
I'm searching, expecting, exploring, connecting... So no one has to feel they're left behind.
-Wittgenstein, The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue

Better known as Fawfulthegreat64. She/They

TeeJay

New Super Wii U i Cube Pro.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

GrailUK

After all the hate Nintendo has been suffering, they will release the Nintendo X. Nintendo X will preach hatred and violence to all other consoles in retaliation for all the years of suffering until eventually finding Islam and believing all consoles deserve the right to exist and thrive without fear or prejudice.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haiassai

Each time Nintendo made a console, it was describing itself. FamiCom (or NES) was rather self-explanatory. Same with the Super FamiCom (or SNES). 64 bit processor? N64. Why not! The console is shaped like a cube? Gamecube! Great. The Gameboy... a little more unique, but serves its purpose. The DS made sense: dual screen.

Wii was a rather unique step. Instead of describing itself, it aligned with the slogan: Wii would like to play. Local multiplayer. Wii U... I still have no clue.

I think it'd be good for the console to not be named something "epic" but something relevant. Nintendo X would make sense if it is a hybrid. But don't call it the NIntendo NX. That's replicating the name.

Whatever its called, it should make sense. Having class in the name would only be icing on the cake.

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

GrailUK

When some people refer to a console, they refer to them as either a Playstation, Xboxe or Nintendo. I am sure you know who I mean. "Hey are you playing on your Nintendo?" "Actually its a playstation". It's cool people refer to a console as a company name. It reminds me of those folk who refer to vacuum cleaners as Hoovers. So, maybe they would be best served calling their next systems the Nintendo Home and Nintendo GO as opposed to trying to coin a groovy catchy title like Playbox or XStation.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

LetsGoRetro

@skywake:

Also not unlike Nintendo itself until now. Just teasing.

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

NX = Nintendo Crosstar. Crossing on the go gaming with at home play.

I actually had this thought once when there was talk of Nintendo and Microsoft being friendly recently. Imagine? Lol.

EDIT: Whoops somehow I quoted the wrong quote. This was to the guy who said NX = Nintendo Xbox

Edited on by LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro

LetsGoRetro

MrMario02 wrote:

The NX should be named based on it's defining features.
If it's really fast: Nintendo SuperSonic
If it's really powerful: Nintendo PowerHouse
If Nintendo is making this their last console: Nintendo Finale
etc.
And if not, Nintendo OverDrive.

"The Nintendo OverDrive. We weren't able to make a machine fast or strong enough to be named anything else. But it will work in OverDrive to play those stripped down ports of Ni No Kuni and GTA Vice City that we're bringing to you not a moment too late. Coming Christmas 2016!"

LetsGoRetro

GoldenGamer88

If they keep the NX abrivation, my money is on Nintendo Experience (as it is supposed to be the ultimate Nintendo Experience with a large VC library of all past Nintendo consoles and handhelds (NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB(C), GBA, DS, 3DS (minus 3D of course, unless you have a 3D tv), Smartphone integration (maybe functions as a controller?) and all around My Nintendo and Miiverse focus. Compability with Gamepad, Wiimotes, Wii accessories (Wii Balance Board etc.) and a plug-in for GameCube controllers.

Or how about Nintendo Cross, provided it is a hybrid between handheld and home console.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

LetsGoChamp

Nintendo Axis (Access)

#LetsGoChamp says the Gamecube NX will rule them all.

rallydefault

I hope they just go with Nintendo. We already refer to the other two as "PlayStation" and "Xbox" most of the time - just call the darn thing Nintendo.

But they won't. In that case, I really don't think NX is a terrible name.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Whydoievenbother

Here's my response for any thread coming up with Nintendo NX Names/Colors/whatever:
How about we wait and see what the NX IS before we come up with names/Colors/whatever else?
P.S. Wouldn't it be funny if it was just called Nintendo NX?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Olliemar28

rallydefault wrote:

I hope they just go with Nintendo. We already refer to the other two as "PlayStation" and "Xbox" most of the time - just call the darn thing Nintendo.

But they won't. In that case, I really don't think NX is a terrible name.

Urgh... No. Nintendo is the company. By that logic, the PlayStation should be called 'The Sony' and Xbox 'The Microsoft'.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

Galactus_33

Home console: Nintendo Home Mii (homie)
Ha
Handheld: HDS, GamepadDS (GDS)

Hybrid: "Go Play" the handheld "Nintendo Go" and console Nintendo Play"

I don't play games, I defeat 'em!

3DS Friend Code: 2466-2267-7837 | Nintendo Network ID: Doremouse

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.