Forums

Topic: Let's talk names

Posts 161 to 178 of 178

Galactus_33

I hope it's not white or black. I hope it's famicom colored! Shiny gold and all. Yeah

I don't play games, I defeat 'em!

3DS Friend Code: 2466-2267-7837 | Nintendo Network ID: Doremouse

Rumorlife

Oh man I didn't even really think about colors. It'll be black, maybe a white variant. It should have that Nintedno/Mario Red as an option. Clear is too much to ask, but that'd be even better.

The name, I just can't even. If they drop the Wii name, this could be only the 2nd name they really had to think up for a console. NES, SNES, and N64 were obvious names and GameCube = the shape. WiiU = same name again! I can't even think of a name because they all sound fake.

Rumorlife

rallydefault

Stryker89 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I hope they just go with Nintendo. We already refer to the other two as "PlayStation" and "Xbox" most of the time - just call the darn thing Nintendo.

But they won't. In that case, I really don't think NX is a terrible name.

Urgh... No. Nintendo is the company. By that logic, the PlayStation should be called 'The Sony' and Xbox 'The Microsoft'.

Oh lol I just saw this. I'm terrible with reading responses, sorry.

If you're going to go home and play PlayStation with friends, that's probably exactly how you refer to it. It's great brand recognition. Also, you do realize they've put their name in their systems before, right? Like... a lot. The NINTENDO Entertainment System. The Super NINTENDO Entertainment System. The NINTENDO 64. So why act like it's a silly naming convention? It's not.

rallydefault

iKhan

Well, if this is the 3rd console in the Wii line, they could call it... Thrii...

I'll let myself out

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

rallydefault

@iKhan: lol

Well, thankfully we're moving on from the Wii brand.

rallydefault

DjLewe78

Not sure if anyone has posted this but I had a thought. As usual Nintendo will gear there console towards anyone so why not call it the.....

N.E.1 !!!!

Nintendo Entertainment 1

1 up !

Smoo

I think I saw this mentioned here or elsewhere. Someone suggested calling it the Nintendo Entertainment System. Using the old NES name and color scheme with all the modern technology might not be worst idea. Sell people the console on a tech aspect, nintendo name and nolstagia.

Smoo

iKhan

@Smoo: Only about 60K people bought the NES. And I bet many of those people don't play video games any more.

Revolving your system around nostalgia for such a small audience isn't the wisest idea.

EDIT: Brain fart, I MEANT to say 60M. Which, when you consider that only a fraction of those people still care about Nintendo games, isn't much.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

rallydefault

I have a few posts here about going back to a simple name like "Nintendo," but I'm not on board with a nostalgic color scheme or anything like that. Keep it fresh and modern looking but with a simple, back-to-basics name.

rallydefault

gcunit

iKhan wrote:

@Smoo: Only about 60K people bought the NES. And I bet many of those people don't play video games any more.

Revolving your system around nostalgia for such a small audience isn't the wisest idea.

Contender for the worst post in internet hisotry?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

iKhan

@Therad: oops I meant to say 60M. My point still stands.

iKhan

gcunit wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Contender for the worst post in internet hisotry?

@gcunit: maybe the worst typo ever.

gcunit

@iKhan: I was going to offer you the worst double-post award, but you deleted it.

Anyway, I stand by my spelling of hisotry. That's exactly how you should spell hisotry.

iKhan

gcunit wrote:

@iKhan: I was going to offer you the worst double-post award, but you deleted it.

Anyway, I stand by my spelling of hisotry. That's exactly how you should spell hisotry.

@gcunit: Lol didn't even notice your typo. I was talking about my typo. I meant 60M the whole time. No idea why I typed 60K.

gcunit

@iKhan: Don't sweat it - pretty sure K means M in Japanese anyway

iKhan

@gcunit: Well M means 1000 in Roman numerals...

SkapeGote

The Nintendo 岩田

SkapeGote

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.