Forums

Topic: Kirby: Star Allies

Posts 201 to 220 of 244

meleebrawler

YummyHappyPills wrote:

So...this game kinda wraps something up.

It all but confirms that the Master Crown and such items were made by the same people who defeated Void Termina and that Galacta Knight was one of them.

It also explains why Void Termina uses Kirby's face and can transform into Dark Matter. Turns out Void Soul is pure white. Sound familiar?

The theory was the Master Crown could be possessed by Dark Matter (evidenced by the eyeball) but it was never confirmed. The game is now saying that yes, it most likely was, and that no matter what happens Dark Matter will return and be resurrected time and time again, along with Zero.

It also starts a NEW plot thread. So alongside the now very obvious build up to Zero returning in full, there is that damn Butterfly.

This Butterfly appeared in the animated intros and endings to RtD, TD and PR. Its IN this game at the end of Guest Mode.

What the hell is that butterfly?

From what I can gather from Morpho Knight's description, it seems to be some ancient being tasked with watching over the state of the universe. It's never had to intervene with Kirby always around to stop catastrophes, but maybe it got corrupted at some point by Galacta's bloodlust, or just got fed up by all disasters starting to begin with, possibly explaining it's "years of adversity".

Reincarnation seems to be a common thing in the Kirby universe, and not just for Dark Matter and variants hereof. Magolor & Marx are also now back from the dead. And even though Dark Matter may resurrect endlessly, it won't necessarily be evil every time (Gooey is a good Dark Matter, isn't he?). The soul's Kirby face could be representative of the small amount of good left within Void Termina (it did expel good hearts along with the bad during Hyness's botched ritual), so maybe it's true natural state is actually a perfect balance of good & evil; no true (or misguided) benevolence or malice, just a huge force of nature. Perhaps Morpho is banking on this reincarnation and tries to pull a "suicide by cop" to cleanse itself of it's accumulated evil.

Oh, and Smash has been in three games if you count Dream Collection's challenge stages.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

KaiserGX

meleebrawler wrote:

YummyHappyPills wrote:

So...this game kinda wraps something up.

It all but confirms that the Master Crown and such items were made by the same people who defeated Void Termina and that Galacta Knight was one of them.

It also explains why Void Termina uses Kirby's face and can transform into Dark Matter. Turns out Void Soul is pure white. Sound familiar?

The theory was the Master Crown could be possessed by Dark Matter (evidenced by the eyeball) but it was never confirmed. The game is now saying that yes, it most likely was, and that no matter what happens Dark Matter will return and be resurrected time and time again, along with Zero.

It also starts a NEW plot thread. So alongside the now very obvious build up to Zero returning in full, there is that damn Butterfly.

This Butterfly appeared in the animated intros and endings to RtD, TD and PR. Its IN this game at the end of Guest Mode.

What the hell is that butterfly?

From what I can gather from Morpho Knight's description, it seems to be some ancient being tasked with watching over the state of the universe. It's never had to intervene with Kirby always around to stop catastrophes, but maybe it got corrupted at some point by Galacta's bloodlust, or just got fed up by all disasters starting to begin with, possibly explaining it's "years of adversity".

Reincarnation seems to be a common thing in the Kirby universe, and not just for Dark Matter and variants hereof. Magolor & Marx are also now back from the dead. And even though Dark Matter may resurrect endlessly, it won't necessarily be evil every time (Gooey is a good Dark Matter, isn't he?). The soul's Kirby face could be representative of the small amount of good left within Void Termina (it did expel good hearts along with the bad during Hyness's botched ritual), so maybe it's true natural state is actually a perfect balance of good & evil; no true (or misguided) benevolence or malice, just a huge force of nature. Perhaps Morpho is banking on this reincarnation and tries to pull a "suicide by cop" to cleanse itself of it's accumulated evil.

Oh, and Smash has been in three games if you count Dream Collection's challenge stages.

The Soul forms besides Drawcia aren't canon. Neither are the Dream Friends. Also Magalor didn't die, he was just released from the Crown after it was destroyed. Void seems to be the only one that we know of so far that is known to actually reincarnate.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

SwitchForce

Kienda wrote:

@SwitchForce yeah, I am a Prime Member and have been a regular customer for many years. I’m guessing they miss judged stock or something. I am just annoyed because they only notified me today and now I have an upset child. Will message them and ask for clarification and pressure for a discount. Hehe

Bummer, I Pre-Ordered mine ASAP when I saw it. But unfortunately it's on Vacation with my Nephew on the East Coast so I don't have it to play on HDTV. What a drag having one NS and now it's vacation. But yeah do Ping Amazon on what is going on. Could be they over extended their inventory is what it sounds like and those in queued first got there's shipped out. But hopefully yours gets worked out. I hope they do have Multiple players that would make it more fun for my Nephews and Nieces.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

RR529

Just beat the final boss, and WOW! What a showdown. It wasn't difficult, but man was it epic.

While I prefer Planet Robobot overall, I'm not sure which final boss I prefer between the two.

I'm not sure how I feel about puzzle pieces as collectables. I mean the pictures are a cute bonus, but I liked how the stickers in PR could be used to decorate your Robobot.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

meleebrawler

@RR529 If you actually go and look at your pictures in the gallery, you actually get to hear nice music corresponding to the image. The ones corresponding to Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot in particular have final boss themes.

Recent Kirby titles haven't been shy about bringing back classic tunes, but this game takes it to a whole other level by organizing them chronologically based on the position of the extra levels. And lemme tell you hearing the Melee rendition of Green Greens hasn't given me such satisfaction since... well, unlocking the second menu theme of that game.

gcunit

Star Allies has apparently had the best UK launch sales of any Kirby game:

https://ukie.org.uk/news/2018/03/burnout-paradise-remasters-c...

Nice work Kirbs

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

@Bolt_Strike How short is short? 4 worlds = 4 hours short?

4 hours is definitely too short. If you can beat the main campaign in a day that’s too short. Especially for a console game. And 4 worlds is way too little, there should’ve been 6-8.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Bolt_Strike Well, I don't know. That's why I'm asking. It's on my radar when it drops in price, but if it's even shorter than most Kirby games, I'll wait until it hits €20.

Octane

BranJ0

I was considering getting this, but I just played the demo and it unfortunately put me right off. The ally system just made everything rather boring to be honest, with them doing most of the work, and the controls felt really unintuitive to me.

Ah well, I've got too many games to play on the switch as it is, so I guess that's the positive side, but I am a bit disappointed

BranJ0

RR529

Yeah, despite the fact that it has a fewer number of worlds, Star Allies has the exact same level count as Planet Robobot (I just combed through the world maps in both and counted).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Moroboshi876

I've played this game a couple of days, 1+ hour each day, and I love the worlds and the powers, as usual. I'm aware that it's going to be short and easy, but isn't that what people always say about Kirby games? I really loved Kirby Triple Deluxe and its replayability, and this one has replay value with its extra modes too, so I'm not worried.

What I don't like is the extra easy (I had 13 lives or so on the first stage!), because the allies system makes things too straightforward, and aside from the fact that they tend to do all the work, I hate it when I look at all the combos Kirby can do when holding a copy ability, try to use them on enemies and I can't make it because they're already dead after being attacked by my allies. Is anyone else bummed out about it?

By the way, I disabled the help in settings, but I keep seeing billboards with what I have to do and the characters that can be recruited, as well as tips in loading screens. What difference does it make, then? I don't like seeing this tips all the time, especially in a game so easy.

Other than that it has all the charm, colors, music style, classic copy abilities and all things Kirby we could expect. And some new cool powers too. Is Artist nice or what?

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

RR529 wrote:

Yeah, despite the fact that it has a fewer number of worlds, Star Allies has the exact same level count as Planet Robobot (I just combed through the world maps in both and counted).

Still not impressive. Star Allies is a console game on next gen hardware, it should be bigger than Planet Robobot. Much bigger. This game pretty much screams "low effort".

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blathers

@RR529 yeah I think Kirby and his allies are chaotic enough without Cook/Crash/Mike haha.

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

meleebrawler

You know what I would like to see from Kirby's next spinoff (Besides an Air Ride sequel)? A full RPG, kind of like Team Kirby Clash but with actual canon characters. At this point we have a lot of plot threads and characters hanging, and it's obvious that we're never going to get good looks at them as long as we keep focusing on Kirby himself, because he isn't the slightest bit interested in doing anything outside of Popstar unless directly threatened or approached for help. I'd like to see what characters like Magolor, Susie and the three generals were up to after their encounters with Kirby.

kkslider5552000

I've wanted a legit Kirby RPG for over a decade, I'd be so happy to see one. I mean, if Mario can have a bunch of genuinely interesting RPGs with sometimes legit good stories, I think Kirby could no problem.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

meleebrawler

@Dev After Hyness's now legendary abuse of them in his battle, the generals would have to be absolute morons and/or masochists to keep working with him. It's hard to say how much they actually believed in Hyness's cause, since Zan Partizanne's (the leader) description says she follows him out of a (misplaced) sense of duty/loyalty and his "charisma" (yeah right). Basically she just never gave much thought towards the reasons for Hyness's goals or questioned him. Hyness himself will most likely continue attempting to destroy the universe as long as his insanity remains.

Edited on by meleebrawler

bluemage1989

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I've wanted a legit Kirby RPG for over a decade, I'd be so happy to see one. I mean, if Mario can have a bunch of genuinely interesting RPGs with sometimes legit good stories, I think Kirby could no problem.

With you on that. I'm not a mega fan of the Kirby series but I've been thinking for a while that of all of Nintendo's franchises it's Kirby that has the most potential and most to gain from an RPG entry.

On a related note I hope we have a Mario RPG/Paper Mario game being revealed at E3 alongside all of my other incredibly unreasonable demands

@meleebrawler

Kirby Air Ride was wildly under rated at the time and id like to see it get another chance but as a big release?? I don't see it not when Nintendo have Mario Kart (which admittedly didn't stop it on the GameCube) but maybe as a smaller title to help fill the schedule or as an included game in Kirby's next game.

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

Can anyone tell me more about the post game content in Star Allies?? Also what are the mini games like??

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic