Forums

Topic: Kirby: Star Allies

Posts 221 to 240 of 240

RR529

@bluemage1989

Guest Star: Star Allies, an abridged version of the main quest, with a few new bits and bobs, such as a different final boss, that you can play through as any regular baddie. Once you run through it once, you can play through it as Dream Friends, such as Meta Knight, King Dedede, & Bandana Waddle Dee, as well as Dreamland 2 animal buddies (they're one character), Gooey, and Marx, once their update hits. Speedrunning is encouraged, but not necessary.

The Ultimate Choice, an Arena style boss rush with scaling difficulty (which determines the number of healing items you get, and number of bosses you fight). You can play it as Kirby (both base, as well as with any copy ability, which are permanent in this mode), as well as the Dream Friends once you beat it once on any difficulty. (I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there's yet another new boss on the highest difficulty)

The minigames, which are unlocked from the start, are a wood chopping, and asteroid hitting games. The wood chopping one has you cutting down an endless(?) tree as fast as you can, while flipping sides as not to get hit by worms sticking out, and whomever cuts the most pieces when time's up wins. The asteroid one has you building up a power gage by trying to stop the bar at it's highest, then timing the swing of your bat at just the right time to hit the asteroid dead center. Whoever hits it furthest wins. Both have three difficulty settings.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Salcan

meleebrawler wrote:

I'd like to see what characters like Magolor, Susie and the three generals were up to after their encounters with Kirby.

Well, we do know what Susie is doing. She's helping launch rockets into space at the Space Center for Rocket Rumble competitions. I guess she stopped hating Kirby. (It's a background detail in Kirby: Battle Royale.)

RR529 wrote:

@bluemage1989
The wood chopping one has you cutting down an endless(?) tree as fast as you can, while flipping sides as not to get hit by worms sticking out, and whomever cuts the most pieces when time's up wins.

Chop Champ's trees are not endless, although cutting down a whole tree requires a perfect run. You must chop at all times and you can't get stunned ever.

Edited on by Salcan

Salcan

meleebrawler

Salcan wrote:

meleebrawler wrote:

I'd like to see what characters like Magolor, Susie and the three generals were up to after their encounters with Kirby.

Well, we do know what Susie is doing. She's helping launch rockets into space at the Space Center for Rocket Rumble competitions. I guess she stopped hating Kirby. (It's a background detail in Kirby: Battle Royale.)

I doubt Susie ever really hated Kirby, at most she just saw him as a dim-witted nuisance. Remember, she'd been plotting to usurp President Haltmann for years, so she likely wasn't really invested in whatever venture Haltmann Works was up to. Her attempts at stopping Kirby were most likely just putting on a good show for the President, and was quick to take advantage of his ability to defeat anything made by Star Dream.

Since her other main motivation seems to be making money, it's not out of the question that she work odd jobs for say, Dedede's tournament, but other than that we still don't know what she ultimately plans to do.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

GuruOfGreatness

I'm playing Kirby Triple Deluxe or whatever it is called on my New 3DS XL and I have to say that I'm absolutely loving it. Bought it a few weeks ago but only finally getting round to having a proper go.

Downloaded the demo of Star Allies on my Switch but could just not get into it for some reason which is so annoying as I want the game. Is it really different to Triple Deluxe and I just can't see it for some reason? From what I can see, it's a Kirby game, and they're all quite similar, but yet I'm enjoying Triple Deluxe and don't think too much of Star Allies Is it because they actually are similar but it is the price point, as the 3DS game cost me £12 brand new and Star Allies is £45.

Pricing doesn't usually bother me though, especially with games that are not just yearly installments #confused

GuruOfGreatness

meleebrawler

So it turns out Marx can gain benefits from the things he consumes with his black hole. All this time, it turns out that attack was just an elaborate way of inhaling Kirby and spitting him out. And if we go by the anime's explanation of Kirby's "stomach" (an alternate dimension) plus Hypernova Kirby's description of his stomach becoming a black hole, that raises some interesting questions about species relationship...

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Toy_Link

Adeleine has been announced to be the next Star Ally
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/1015060355213475840
Rough translation of the tweet:
In the last urgent report we teased the next star ally.
That allie’s identity is Adeleine who appeared in "Kirby 64"!
And the fairy Ribbion will also join you!
The artist and Fairy will team up! We can not wait to see these two again!

1. Kirby Star Allies

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

toiletduck

So I've finally come around to finishing the main story mode of Kirby. I needed some time to get into it, but in the end I've had quite some fun with it. I have to admit that I've actually had a hard time with some of the bosses.

What I still don't understand: why does a final boss have to re-appear in more than three forms and offer you gameplay that is totally new for the game until that moment? It made me have BOTW flashbacks for that matter.

Now all that's left is finding a few large puzzle pieces, finish some of the bonus levels, maybe finish all the puzzles and then sell the game. I don't think I'll ever play through it a second time.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

@toiletduck I'd recommend giving the DLC characters Helper to Heroes games a go, they contain some brand new content. Also, there's several bonus bosses you still haven't gotten to face if you've only completed story mode, just FYI.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@toiletduck I'd recommend waiting until at least the remaining free updates are out before selling. You might like the Dream Friends mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KaiserGX

I played the game like.... maybe 20 times already with the other characters lol. I wish though the levels were random that way it would be more replayable but the point of it is to be a speed run. Have you done the true boss rush arena? @toiletduck

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

toiletduck

Thanks for the advice. I probably won't go into time trial or boss battles modes though, I've never really been into those.

toiletduck

Sisilly_G

@Grumblevolcano : There are more updates coming?

I wish they had put those resources into porting Epic Yarn or Planet Robobot instead.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

toiletduck

@KaiserGX I think that depends on what you're looking for. For competitive Pokemon players, the post-game part is the most important. Personally, I've hardly invested any time in it. I play games for their story and unique levels.

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano

@Silly_G Yes, according to a datamine a while back there were to be 3 waves of Dream Friends consisting of by the end of the updates a character from each of the main Kirby games being a dream friend (the base game already had Dream Land and Adventure represented):
Wave 1 - Dream Land 2 (Rick + Coo + Kine), Super Star (Marx), Dream Land 3 (Gooey)
Wave 2 - 64 (Adeleine), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (Dark Meta Knight), Squeak Squad (Daroach)

Wave 3 has the rest of the main games (Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, Star Allies), don't remember whether Epic Yarn is represented or counts as a main game but it's getting that 3DS port anyway.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

I do hope Susie will be the PR rep (hopefully in her robobot), though watch it be Mecha Knight or DD3D...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Toy_Link

In the last friend circle segment of dimension 3, after you’ve finished the second half of the journey, get rid of all your friends, use the ninja to lose a life. When you respawn you can just walk the whole friend friend circle segment and get any of those 6 hearts, you didn’t obtain.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Anti-Matter

Quick question.

How do I unlock King Dedede and other characters as playable character for Guest Star Mode ?

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic