Forums

Topic: Kirby: Star Allies

Posts 21 to 40 of 244

darkfenrir

woaaaa that cover looks so nice! I hope the game will still allow you to finish stuff even when alone though. Don't have any extra controllers so it'll be kinda hard to play together...

darkfenrir

toiletduck

@darkfenrir I believe you can play 2p with one JoyCon each

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

darkfenrir

@toiletduck yeah, the thing is, it's rather hard to find a friend to play this with XD

(Just hoping that at the very least I can enjoy it alone hue)

darkfenrir

DarkRula

That box art looks lovely, and I'm sure having this game as my first main series Kirby experience will be brilliant.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JoyBoy

I definitely noticed. The first time I saw this game it didn’t really grab me, but now with the latest trailer everything just pops. This is nearly a definite insta buy for me.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FragRed

Kirby Star Allies was always going to be a day one for me ever since I first saw it last year at E3, which would be the first time I've ever bought a Kirby game. But the new visuals do certainly just show how much care and attention to detail Nintendo puts into their games right up to release. Even when you think there's nothing else they could do, they still add polish and details.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Sisilly_G

Love the box art. It's refreshing to see Kirby back at his non-angry best.

I'll try to finish Planet Robobot before Star Allies is released.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sisilly_G

toiletduck wrote:

@darkfenrir I believe you can play 2p with one JoyCon each

4 players are supported.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Octane

@sillygostly That's only true if you live in the US, Europe always got the 'happy' Kirby, same box art as Japan. Not sure about Australia/NZ though... My Pikmin 2 (Wii) is imported from NZ, and it's the US box art, despite the fact that it's a PAL game.

Octane

Sisilly_G

@Octane : We usually get the European box art, though there are exceptions from time to time. For example, we got the Japanese/U.S. box art of Breath of the Wild while Europe got a more cheery looking variation.

Nevertheless, all of Kirby's 3DS outings have had "angry" Kirby on the cover internationally, so this is a nice change of pace. One generally does not think of "angry" when one thinks of Kirby. I'm surprised that they haven't yet released an angry Kirby amiibo.

Octane

@sillygostly I see, I've never played the 3DS games, so I wouldn't know!

Octane

Oat

@SLIGEACH_EIRE i'm not a hug fan of the icon or boxart. It feels like a placeholder but oh well.

So zetta slow!
3DS Friend code : 0662-8265-1183
NNID: CaptainCharacter
Switch Friend code: SW-6964-7226-0016

Switch Friend Code: SW-6964-7226-0016 | 3DS Friend Code: 0662-8265-1183 | My Nintendo: Oat | Nintendo Network ID: CaptainCharacter

cambotero

My only issue with this game is: is it going to be very multiplayer-focused or would I be able to fully enjoy it playing standalone?

cambotero

meleebrawler

@cambotero All mainline Kirby games with multiplayer seem built for single-player first, as seen in Return to Dream Land where it didn't matter if you had buddies or not, if P1 Kirby died it was back to the checkpoint for everyone. Seems no different here, especially considering the Super Star Helper system of actually having to seek out enemies to play as instead dropping in and out whenever. None of the puzzles or four-man team moves seem complex to the point of needing humans to help, seems more of a matter of just having the requisite teammates to begin with. The worst thing AI will do is not be good at avoiding damage; I just hope bosses don't always have inflated health to balance a four-person beatdown.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Aozz101x

kirby star allies intro: for small peak at it.
http://nintendoeverything.com/a-glimpse-of-kirby-star-allies-...
looks really good for an intro!

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Octane

Soo... I've seen pre-orders pop up, and they're all €60. Is the official price already confirmed? Or am I wrong in assuming that's just a placeholder price?

Octane

Late

@Octane Saw it on the eShop yesterday and it's 60€ there so it seems to be its official price.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Vinny

Kind of a generic comment but... This looks really, really great. I think it's the first mainline Kirby title in HD. (rainbow curse had a different graphical style).
Now just imagine Air Ride 2 on the Switch! Lots of great possibilities.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic