Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 341 to 360 of 775

TimeBardock

Personally I hope that we get a Donkey Kong 64 Remake or a sequel.

TimeBardock

MarcelRguez

@roy130390 Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Even if I'm firmly into the "older games are better" camp, I agree with everything you wrote. And yes, the moment IS manages to combine the character design of games like SoV, the narrative of games like PoR and the gameplay of Fates in a new entry is the moment we get the definitive FE game, that's for sure.

@TimeBardock They'd fill it with Neo-Donkey Kong chraacters like Pompy while forgetting timeless classics like Lanky.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

yokokazuo
New trailer that focuses on Shadow Dragon characters and the rest (probably partly to fill in ... )

Also beware that spoilers are about. Footage from the game is somewhere on the internet, I’ve only heard about it and I have seen a couple screenshots.
Won’t spoil anything, but other characters are confirmed to be in the game.
It is unknown if they will be playable or not however. I’d assume so though, at least eventually.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

MarcelRguez

Speaking of the roster, it... uh... seems to be getting a bit out of hand on the Fates side of things.

Without getting into spoiler territory, it looks like Fates has as many playable characters as all the other games combined.

MarcelRguez

Eel

That's because they are treating Fates as two different games (which it kinda is).

The characters even come from different alternate universes and all.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

It makes sense though.

Fates was released as two games with two different stories that happen to share the same beginning and cast.

The siblings, more so than the rest of the cast, have different motivations and intentions in the different paths. So, yeah, this is not just "Camilla", this is "The Camilla that joins Corrin in Conquest".

This is also why there's two Corrins.

There's no excuse for the two Robins though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

MarcelRguez

@Meowpheel That doesn't explain at all why they need to include every single royal as a playable character in this game. It's one thing to include them as NPCs to recreate the story in History mode, it's another thing altogether to implement them fully and design different movesets for each.

Besides, that explanation goes down the drain the moment you see who the two new characters that have just been leaked are: Niles and Oboro

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

@Beedrill4Smash Female Robin doesn't appear at all in History mode, not sure about male Corrin. Both genders share the same moveset with the exception of the special move, I think. Then there's the VA too. Not exactly "just costumes", but not their own characters either.

MarcelRguez

Eel

I dunno, but from the trailers it's clear to me that the Female Corrin comes with the Conquest bunch and the Male Corrin comes with the Birthright bunch.

I don't have the game or anything, so I don't know how involved they're in the story.

Bloop.

yokokazuo

I do believe that it’s been confirmed the alternate versions are only playable outside the main story. Just in the character trailer they put them with the different sides when showcasing the characters.
Both Robins were in the Awakening trailer too btw.
Plus in the story trailers only male Robin and female Corrin are shown.

yokokazuo

kkslider5552000

tbh, people complaining about recent FE stories, based on my experience with the well regarded GBA games, means one of two things.

1. People overstate the quality of those game's stories or
2. Fate's story is actively terrible

I can believe either. I can't believe that the GBA FE games are particularly great stories. They really weren't. Maybe clever in some ways (I certainly really liked some of the support conversations in Sacred Stones), but I've seen better in JRPGs and many other places.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Namco

I wouldn't say Fates main story itself is bad, it's just poorly presented in the game. Plus some odd choices made during each path that are simply hard to follow. Overall I'm not too pleased either because Fates story is a waste of potential. Nevertheless I did enjoy most of the royal family conflicts.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

MarcelRguez

@Sir_Anthony Narrative is everything in terms of storytelling. If a story is presented (narrated) badly, then it's a bad story, period.

That said, yes, it's easy to see how it could have been good, because it's not a difficult premise to develop. What's more important, with that premise you could have a field day implementing wildly different themes like "sense of duty vs morality" or "the upbringing of siblings under an abusive father". The game is filled with great themes that are just barely touched upon on the final product. That's Fates in a nutshell. Ditch the "separate paths" idea, focus on Corrin siding with Hoshido and tone the outrage of Nohr's royals down a notch (except Leo's, that one works very well) and suddenly you have a much much more solid game.

MarcelRguez

yokokazuo
Opening movie for Warriors.
Also the game will be out officially in just a couple hours in Japan!
My copy should be shipping soon I think. Could get it Friday, but I think it will probably be Monday or Tuesday.

yokokazuo

Namco

MarcelRguez wrote:

@Sir_Anthony Narrative is everything in terms of storytelling. If a story is presented (narrated) badly, then it's a bad story, period.

I get your point but I don't agree entirely. True, a poor narrated story is certainly difficult to enjoy, but before posting my first comment I've read Fates plot on the Fire Emblem wiki and I perceived it as quite a decent fantasy tale, if I were to read it as a summary on the back of a book I might even decide to read the book. The scripts basic concept is what I like to be clear.

It's certainly a more appealing concept than simply having to defeat an evil dragon. Warriors couldn't have chosen a more cliché Fire Emblem story I'm afraid. But I guess I can't judge the story yet, we will know more when it has been released in Japan.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Eel

Fates is the only fire emblem game I have and the story is alright.

The one dumb thing is that they shoehorned the kid units in to be like Awakening but without the time traveling excuse it just feels forced.

Other than that, it's alright.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.