Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 321 to 340 of 775

Kimyonaakuma

@Snaplocket Yeah I wish they were less common...

I find it hard to believe that the story and characters were created by someone who is has written some pretty good game scripts in the past. It would probably have turned out better if they just focused on one game instead of three.

Kimyonaakuma

yokokazuo

@JaxonH since the announcement, it was expected that characters from the 3 games would be represented, but it’s just a disappointment that the first DLC is more characters for the same games. I assume others will come eventually, but that probably won’t be until at least next summer.

Personally my biggest disappointment is the lack of Shadow Dragon however. Fates gets 10, Awakening gets 7 and Shadow Dragon only has 3. It isn’t exactly much representation for the series when that’s all we get from it.
Seeing Navarre supposedly leaked does seem to point to a few others, but it’s odd that we haven’t been shown any others from SD. I had high hopes for characters like Camus, Merric/Linde, Cain/Abel, etc.
Less than a week before the full roster is certain.
I’m still getting this and I am looking forward to some of the characters, but I really just wish there were more Shadow Dragon characters and signs of other series coming soonish.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Aaron00

So, because the DLC has already been confirmed for the 3 games that are already being represented in the main game (unfortunately) might as well make the best of it.

For Fates, I think the most interesting characters would be a Ninja/maid, One of the beast dudes, Azura, (of corse) and Spear user because we don’t have any of those besides flying units.

Awakening, I hope to see some of there villains, Olivia would be neat, and maybe the villager class.

And I never played SD so...

I really think Echoes deserves DLC pack. Alm, Genny, Matilda, and Saber would have made great units to play as.

Edited on by Aaron00

Aaron00

IceClimbers

The Awakening pack exists solely so they can sell Tharja separately

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@yokokazuo
I get it. I'm not blaming anyone who feels disappointed. I just don't see it as a big deal myself.

There's so many characters I do like, that I don't really feel as if there's a deficiency. At least the DLC will add more Shadow Dragon characters. A specific pack aimed specifically at SD.

Idk. I think people saw FE Heroes and kind of expected something similar here... honestly I did expect DLC for other games, or at the very least, a few select characters, or at the very least, an Echoes pack (which I really would have liked) but... it's whatever. I'll play with Celica, Lissa, Lucina, Lyn, Tiki, Anna, Chrom, Robin, Shiida, Marth, Xander, Ryoma, Corrin, Frederick and Cordelia. Elise and Camilla too. And why not a little Takumi and Leo and Hinoka as well. I did like all the royals.

I truthfully wanted Sumia in this game over Cordelia. I love Cordelia. But Sumia is where it's at. She was my Pegasus Knight and Chrom's partner in crime... I grew rather fond of her.

Here's to hoping for Aversa and Tharja and Basilio and Flavia... I think there's more Awakening characters I like than any other entry in the series.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Beedrill4Smash

Even with the recent news that I find disappointing this game is still my most anticipated game ever since its announcement. If I had to pick between this game and Mario Odyssey I'd choose this every time. Just like Hyrule warriors on the WiiU FE warriors will likely be my most played game on the console.

Also BTW during the TGS Koei hinted that Azura was going to be in the DLC. As if no one ever saw this coming. I mean really? Why? Of course she is going to be in the DLC. Why couldn't you have hinted at literally any other character? I know it is stupid, but I actually find it a little annoying.

Beedrill4Smash

JaxonH

@Tsurii

There were a lot of Fates characters I found dull, but I do like the royals. But aside from them I can only think of one or two that I really liked- Arthur stands out. Rinkah as well.

But I guess that's going to happen when Fates is the best selling entry in the series to date.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

There's a possibility that Ike, Roy and Alm are unlockable characters. Amiibo support has been revealed and works the same way as Hyrule Warriors but all FE amiibo give you weapons so either all FE characters that have amiibo are in the game or you have situations like the Smash comparisons (e.g. Roy amiibo gives Marth weapons).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Meowpheel At that price, I pretty much agree. Still, it would be a very good deal if each pack included three characters.

@DarthNocturnal Damn it all to hell, I didn't even think about playing as the Black Knight. It'll never happen, and that's incredibly disappointing

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The DLC details are vague enough that it may be not all of the DLC content is from those 3 games:

DLC Pack #1 (Dec 2017, $8.99USD / £8.09 / €8.99): The content in this pack is inspired by Fire Emblem Fates.
DLC Pack #2 (Feb 2018, $8.99USD / £8.09 / €8.99): Many of the characters and items in this DLC pack hail from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
DLC Pack #3 (March 2018, $8.99USD / £8.09 / €8.99): Fans of Fire Emblem Awakening will love this DLC, as much of the content is themed after the classic game.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/nintendo_outlines_se...

"Many" and "Much" sounds more like most rather than all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano It does sounds like that. If one-off characters like Ike are included in these, I'll definitely wait for the Legends edition, if there ever is one.

Also, lol @ Awakening being "the classic game".

MarcelRguez

roy130390

I find hilarious that many hate on the Fates and Awakening characters, when almost every character from every FE game suffers fromt the same stuff (anime character stereotypes, one way or another). The best stories in the FE games are just "good" to me (meaning that fates wasn't even as bad as peope make it out to be since the standard wasn't so high), same with the characters, and to be honest, I found the Royal Siblings more entertaining and with a bit more of depth than many other FE characters from previous games simply because of the amount of interactions the game has, wich allowed that. I haven't played Echoes, but from what I've seen maybe that game is the one that sets apart their characters from said stereotypes, already doing that with the character design and voice acting. Also, I've never found stereotypes to be as bad as people think, there's a reason why they are sterotypes in this case and that's because those characters prove to be likeable and get fans easily, as long as they are justified and well applied. Anyway, I'm certainly baffled about that "incredible story and characters way ahead of Fates" that I didn't manage to see in the previous games. I would certainly prefer not to include the semi-dating sim which I found really uncomfortable, but it can be esily ignored. The gameplay on the other hand has been greatly enhanced and Fates (specially Conquest) finally balanced the new abilities, pairing and other things that have been added to deliver a more complete and fun strategy game. To each his own, I guess. By the way, I love FE and I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just really, really disagree about how "good" the previous entries were in terms of characters and story.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

MarcelRguez

@roy130390 While I agree with you on the part about the characters from other games being very trope-y as well, you'd have to make a conscious effort to ignore the change in tone that Awakening brought to the table. Broadly speaking, older games in the series focused a lot on world-building. Taking the GBA/Radiant games as an example, the presence of an external narrator that describes the political alliances of the different countries of the game and the journey of the characters places the focus of the narrative on the events themselves, and not the characters. That's what supports and base conversations were for.

To mention a concrete example, I was recently surprised to see FE6 mention the role of the church in sneaking Roy's group through Bern's borders. The way it was narrated, it was a very historiographic moment that I wasn't expecting to see, and it sold me a bit more into the conflict despite being little more than a passing mention. I can't say that I recall the newer games doing that, and I would blame how character-centric they are for that.

While the games have had supports with a strong comedic tone since the introduction of that system, they never were as prominent or influenced the "main narrative" as much as Awakening's and Fates'. Those games put the characters at the forefront at the expense of the world, and are in my opinion weaker games narratively for it. There's more to writing than the main plot.

Besides, I don't recall older games pulling stuff as dumb as what Fates does to shoehorn child units into the game, so there's that as well.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

Grumblevolcano

This is how I'd rank the stories of the FE games I've played:

• Path of Radiance
  • FE7
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Sacred Stones/Shadows of Valentia
  • Shadow Dragon/Awakening
  • Fates

Shadow Dragon would be higher than Awakening but having to purposely kill your own units on purpose to flesh out the story is very bad.

Grumblevolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano Very much agree with that ranking. SoV>SS and Awakening>SD, probably. I'd also put New Mystery after Radiant Dawn. Not sure about Binding Blade. I actually think it works much better if you play it after 7.

MarcelRguez

roy130390

@MarcelRguez You are definitely right about the change of tone and the inferior main narrative in the last games and I think I failed to make that part clear: I do agree with most people on that, I just don't think it's that big of a difference since FE games normally have solid, yet quite basic main stories because that's all they need. The new entries have failed to accomplish even that, offering quite forgettable main narratives since as you said they have been more character-centric and while that's no excuse to have weak plots, having a decent character development (or at least better than in the past games) is an aspect most people don't even recognize in the last entries, talking of the previous games as if we had amazing, deep, unique characters with lots of development way ahead of the new ones, despite being the opposite. The characters from the previous games were barely developed, specially if they weren't from the main cast. Same with the gameplay, that while it lacked balance in Awakening, it was a big step forward in making the series more fun and appealing without sacrificing the core gameplay. Fates did it even better by balancing it's new aspects to offer a game with solid difficulty and with more deepness than the last entries.

I think that when they find a balance between the good main stories from the previous entries and the character development with the last games, along with constantly improving ad balancing the new gameplay (to be fair I would be satisfied if they start focusing more in the main story /character development balance) they'll deliver the ultimate FE experience. I just think that people can't seem to recognize that FE games have always lacked something, and that the cast from previous games being "way better than this new anime stereotypes" is absurd considering that they were always like that, but with less focus in them. In case someone misunderstands I'm not saying people can't like the previous ones and dislike the new ones, I'm saying that since always, the series has lacked character development until now, when they finally do that at the cost of a better overall story, which isn't worth the trade, but still something to recognize and criticize to allow the games to improve. Both old and new lacked, just in different aspects.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Luna_110

@Grumblevolcano
It may be possible that they are unlockable, but I doubt it. Having Ike as a main character from the beginning would be beneficial since he was so voted for in Heroes and he was still ignored.

Anyway, my main problem with Fates is how the main characters always excused Corrin's screw ups. At least in the past games characters either recognized they had screwed up (Hector recognizing that he had always avoided his duties as heir to Ositia, for example) or being called for them, like Micaiah in Radiant Dawn.

Corrin just does stupid things in all routes and Azura is merely a walking plot device. Specially in Conquest, which is a shame since it has good map design.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Beedrill4Smash

The biggiest problem with Fates IMO is how Conquest and Birthright are so "Hoshido = good and Norh = bad" and how Revelations is "Wait guys there is this third bigger guy and we have to team up, and set aside our differences to save the day!"

Beedrill4Smash

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.