Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,049

Ralizah

The Fates SE disappeared quickly too. Limited Nintendo stuff in general disappears ridiculously fast. Unlike that one, though, I feel no particular compulsion to order this. The big kicker for that SE was having all of the game physically on a cartridge. That doesn't seem like it's going to be an issue here, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Everything sells in a heartbeat when you only make five.

This is a dangerous thing to read when in the middle of drinking something.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

-Green-

Really excited for this game after playing Echoes and being reminded how fun the series can be . Hope they do mostly full voice acting. The great voice acting in Echoes made the experience so so so much better.

Also I know FE games tend to have pretty cut and dry protagonists, but I hope that Byleth is not so boring. Corrin literally bored me so much I had no intention of finishing conquest, well that and the story was uninteresting.

My final request to the Nintendo genie is that they tone down the weird anime worshipping dating sim thing. Having started to replay conquest the awkward dialogue and blushing and romancing is very grating.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Aozz101x

New Details of Fire Emblem: Three Houses from Famitsu
https://nintendoeverything.com/new-fire-emblem-three-houses-c...

Protagonist (default: M ベレト Byleth, F ベレス Bylese?)

– You originally work as mercenary but your talents get noticed so you become a teacher in academy
– Your mom already passed away so you live with your dad who was leader of Knights of Seiros & now leads mercenary band

Geralt

– A legendary being who is also said to be the strongest knight in history
– Was summoned to Garreg Mach Monastery together with the protagonist, which makes him return to the Knights once again

Sothis

– A mysterious girl who looks young but speaks in an old manner
– She saves the protag at the fateful night
– She normally doesn’t show herself up and she speaks with telepathy into your head, so no one except you notice her
– She also lost the memory of her true self

Edelgard

– Princess of the Adrestian Empire who has been promised the position of the next empress
– A talented woman who has a cold & noble atmosphere
– Adrestian Empire has the longest history
– Many people here are more skilled in magic than weapons

Dimitri

– An eloquent youth who has good manners & embodied chivalry, but he somehow holds a shadow
– Perhaps because the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus is known for its knights, many of the students here are good at using spears

Claude

– A friendly youth whose smile fits him well
– Although he doesn’t seem like thinking of things too deeply, he has a sharp insight
– Compared to the other classes, Golden Deer has more commoner students
– Many of them are also good at using bows

Gameplay

– Game is confirmed having a time rewind system
– This is made possible by Sothis’ ability to turn back time
– The system is similar to FE Echoes where you can rewind per movement but the amount of usage allowed is also limited
– Terrain effects: Other than determining movement costs and evasion rates, some spots may have gimmicks such as healing HP or even warp a character to another spot
– When the game is just booted, there will be choices for Normal/Hard difficulty and Casual/Classic mode
– Class Change now uses a Qualification Exam system: Character needs to spend Exam Passes and the chance of passing improves with correct skill ranks
– Once the class has been unlocked, the character can freely change back anytime
– Level won’t go back to Lv1 either
– Characters start in Commoner or Noble class depending on their origins, but these starting classes are same stat-wise: can just use some magic with no other highlights
– The first class upgrades after Lv5: Myrmidon (Sword), Soldier (Spear), Warrior (Axe & Bow), Monk (Magic)
– Ranked skills: Sword Skill, Spear Skill, Axe Skill, Bow Skill, Physics (Black & Dark magic), Faith (White magic), Flying (Flier classes), Heavy Armor (Armored classes), Horseriding (Cavalry classes)
– Each character has good & bad ranks

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

-Green-

thank god rewinding is confirmed for real. After playing Hard Conquest and having to reset entire maps so many times over mistakes induced over being tired, it's a blessing.

msm2000

Pre-orders have now gone live on nintendo UK store which incudes the special edition for anyone interested.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

twincast

A~and I just pre-ordered the PEGI Limited Edition, which IMNSHO is the best of the bunch. Here's to hoping Japanese audio and text will at the very least be free DLC if not included outright... (Worst case scenario I can still cancel this one and resort to importing.)

twincast

edhe

@msm2000

That special edition is pretty underwhelming - all you're getting, in addition to the game is a collectable coin and pouch. The cover is nice though. I've had the game preordered for a while now, but for some reason, I was under the impression that the game was going to come in the plain, clearly a placeholder box as advertised on Game & Amazon.

Not that I'm interested in getting it, there doesn't seem to be a proper collector's edition on either site. I'm settling for the standard edition.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ryu_Niiyama

At this point I just need to know the DLC schedule. I think I'm getting this digital this time around.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

twincast

@edhe
How do a steelbook, a soundtrack, an artbook, and a pin set not constitute a proper collectors' edition?

twincast

edhe

@twincast

Is that special edition available on the Austrian Nintendo official store, because all we've got on the UK store is the game and a cheap trinket.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

edhe

I tell a lie, there is a more substantial SKU available as well.

EDIT, and wouldn't you know it, after all this time, they've now got the special edition up on GAME too. I'm half tempted, but I'll be fine with the standard edition.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

twincast

No full-blown (i.e. physical games-selling) Nintendo Store for Austria as far as I can tell. I wouldn't have said no to a free vanity coin and pouch, but nothing to be sad about, either. And as currently no Austrian online shop has the Limited Edition available for pre-order, I resorted to ordering from Amazon.co.uk for the first time in years, which should actually even save me a euro or two. Heh.

twincast

Ralizah

Three Houses seems incredibly deep. And it seems so different from other FE games I've played.

Really, really excited to finally play it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm a little scared to be honest. Fates and Awakening with all the DLC ruined my free time. I really don't have the bandwidth but I feel like an addict and somebody just came by with my fix. I do wonder what form the Fire Emblem is going to take this time around.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

-Green-

A lot of the news on this game is really exciting. Sounds like they’re going all out with complexity and features this time around. Was hoping they’d have improved the visuals of the game but I guess Fire Emblem games have basically always looked pretty bad in terms of presentation that isn’t artworks (and even then)

komodo182

This is the part I can't get passed

"Geralt

– A legendary being who is also said to be the strongest knight in history"

As in Geralt of Rivia haha?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

-Green-

So the new trailer basically confirms 100% the leak that was going around on Reddit a few months back. Basically sets up exactly the purpose of the school and makes me feel much more confident in the direction of the game. So the house you choose and how you train your students, will set their position after the timeskip. I also imagine that post time skip the characters will have new and more individualized appearances. Which is exciting.

I’m going with probably Blue Lions

Tyranexx

That new trailer made me more excited for this one. Still not sure if I'll go with the Black Eagles or Blue Lions.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic