Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy XV

Posts 141 to 160 of 205

FragRed

@NEStalgia Thanks. I got it working now. Upon booting it up, I waited for about a minute with the black screen then finally it started properly.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Yosheel I guess so, though never seen it happen like that before.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Dezzy

Can anyone who's played both versions explain what gets left out or added into this version?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

I haven't really played the main version, but I guess, besides the overall graphics and stuff, the main difference is that you can't explore the world beyond the main route.

Apparently the maps themselves are pretty faithful to the original locations though...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Yosheel
Yeah I realised that from the videos. I mean story-wise though.

Eel

Oh well I can't compare the story.

Talking about that, I really liked the mythril dungeon. It gave me a lot of FF3 DS nostalgia for some reason. Also the character that joins you for that dungeon.

Chapter five done, boat obtained, let's see how things go in the new world.

Wait. If Luna is in another continent across the sea how does the mail dog even work.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

The dogs are "messengers from the gods". They're not regular dogs.

It's half-explained at some point, but not much.

Ryu_Niiyama

Just picked up pocket edition. I fond the artstyle charming. I have the original but I abandoned it pretty quickly. We shall see how this one goes.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

@Yosheel

Yeah they're the same sort of beings as Gentiana. But also slightly different, as you'll find out later, but won't be explained at all well by the story.

One of this game's biggest flaws was that they had loads of cool background lore for the game but almost none of it is explained in the story. People have pieced it together by reading a lot of background material though.
One of the best examples of this is that there's this volcano called the Rock of Ravatogh in the base game (it's an optional area so probably not in the pocket edition):

Untitled

It's later mentioned in some background lore that the volcano was formed by Ifrit's giant corpse when he was killed a 1000 years in the past. So those weird branchy things sticking out of the volcano are actually Ifrit's horns.
That's such a cool detail that adds to the sense of world building. Yet it's simply not mentioned in the main story. You have to go hunting for some text bio to figure it out.

Eel

@Dezzy actually I realized that if Luna has been talking to summons before you then that means she’s actually in Lucis during that part of the game... Right?

I’ll tell you if I get to see that volcano or anything about it.

Edit: actually I think I already got the mace of the fierce from one of the off-screen tombs. So I guess not.

In other news, my Gladio is now damaged. Will the game ever tell me what was he doing while the rest of the team was out looking for mythril?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

Yes, Luna was in Lucis just before you are. It's implied from Kingsglaive but also shown in one of the cutscenes, although you have to realise where it is for yourself. Like I said, all of the information for understanding the story is there, they just do a bad job of explaining it.

What happens when Gladio disappears is the Episode Gladiolus DLC. So I don't think that's included in pocket edition.

Dezzy

Not as part of the main story. Might be an optional cutscene?

Eel

I’m pretty sure it was optional here, since it was triggered by talking to a random npc in an unimportant corner of the map

—————
Haha
Secretary: I expect some structural damage.
(Levatan and Titan destroy the entire city)

The ending of this episode was rather sad though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

Secretary Clinton of Altissia

Eel

Chapter 7:

Gladio: You're a horrible horrible person.
Noct: Where the hell am I going.
Gladio: Stop going so fast.
Gladio: Stop going so slow.
(Grumpy faces all around)
Gladio: Stop going so fast.
Gladio: Stop going so slow.
Everyone: Whoa Malboro.
Gladio: I still dislike you.
Ignis: Shut up already.

The end.

I think Prompto was in there somewhere too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

darkfenrir

Lol yeah that chapter was kind of a mess even in the original version. You really feel like you are in between of fighting people and it SUCKS. (Well that's my feeling anyway)

Although halfway through I was tempted to go like "Then you all stay here and protect Ignis while I scout alone :U"

darkfenrir

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.