Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy XV

Posts 161 to 180 of 205

Eel

Haha yeah it was awkward. I did find it funny how the mood was all heavy but as soon as Noct finds some random item lying around he goes "AW YEAH".

Then they eat canned food, like, is Ignis really the only person who can cook? I'd understand for the prince to be inept, but the other two?

Not sure how it goes in the main version, but here Noct kept repeating the same three lines (I think they were "Where the hell am I going?", "Holding up ok, Ignis?", "Nice place for a walk...") over and over and over.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkfenrir

Square Enix should have done double recording for voices done at this chapter should be more subdued, but I guess that's a lot more money thrown at this game

And the other two probably can only cook stuff like... instant noodle. Maybe. Ignis is best guy in this game seriously.

The voices are especially grating in the main version as well from what I remember... I really got the don't go too far blahblah one since I get used to move as fast as I can in the past chapters

darkfenrir

Eel

I finally beat the game, it was all tragic and emotional, and then the Coleman product placement kinda took me out of it.

At least I guess they are happy in their afterlife?

With all that affordable and convenient camping gear.

Took me somewhere between 15 and 20 hours according to the switch, probably around 18. I’d say that’s fine for a game like this.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

Do you agree (with me) that the ending was very good?

My reaction to the launch version of the game (the version that has the same story as the Pocket Edition, without any of the DLC), was that it starts very well and is interesting up until the Altissia events. Then it loses the plot for the 2nd act but is finally redeemed at the Ardyn twist before the final chapter.

Also, if this version is all you're going to play, you should watch the youtube abridged versions of the DLC. Someone's done the excellent job of cutting out most of the gameplay so you can just watch them as short movies:
(in chronological order)

Gladio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUI31R8XrkM
Ignis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4A4YVCg8Kw
Prompto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpU5bbrKkR8
Comrades: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJZgxFJ_wo

If you don't have time for all of them, just watch Ignis and Prompto. Those both have interesting story points that add to the main game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Yes, up until Altissia it was all very nice, then afterwards they started BURNING through the story at the speed of sound.

I totally didn’t expect Ardyn to be who he was, but it all made sense after some bits of information in the last episode. Apparently in the main game, the way he walks funny is an early hint.

I did like the end itself, although it was sad, they never really suggest it would be otherwise, and Noctis accepts his fate for the good of his people. It just felt a bit rushed how Noctis went from casual prince to wise messiah, and how quickly everyone accepted him back after ten years (this is apparently better explained in the main game, I read Gentiana appears and tells the others the what and the why).

Thanks for the links, I’ll give them a watch eventually. Although I’m considering buying an Xbox if I manage to find a good deal this holiday season, and well I may play the original game if I do that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TuVictus

I finally picked up the Windows Edition with all the DLC. Jesus I love 60fps. Mixed with the amazing resolution and graphical options it's already become my preferred way to play, and that's before the mods (Older noctis for the entire game is awesome. Love that design much better).

After rewatching the anime and the movie, it really goes to show just how under developed the game was at launch. The story presented in the movie feels like a billion miles away from the story we end up with by the end of the game. I just kept thinking how utterly "Final Fantasy" it would have felt if the game was huge enough to include some of the stuff from the movie such as the empire invading the city and the ridiculous battles that ensue only for it to feel completely disconnected to the events of the end of the game.

Like how FF7 starts off with being a part of a terrorist group against the big evil corporation and by the end you have a party of ridiculous characters to stop your sorta clone from dropping a meteor on the Planet

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

Yes, up until Altissia it was all very nice, then afterwards they started BURNING through the story at the speed of sound.

I totally didn’t expect Ardyn to be who he was, but it all made sense after some bits of information in the last episode. Apparently in the main game, the way Lucis royalty walk funny is an early hint.

I did like the end itself, although it was sad, they never really suggest it would be otherwise, and Noctis accepts his fate for the good of his people. It just felt a bit rushed how Noctis went from casual prince to wise messiah, and how quickly everyone accepted him back after ten years (this is apparently better explained in the main game, I read Gentiana appears and tells the others the what and the why).

Quite a lot of those issues are mitigated by the DLC. The crazy pacing in that second act is heavily improved by the existence of the Prompto DLC and Comrades DLC, both slot into the game during that part, both are very slowly paced by comparison, and both contain a bit of exploration so it breaks up the crazy on-rails feeling of that part.

And they welcome Noctis back because while he's gone, the people start to remember the prophecy which had been an old folktale in Lucis about how when the world is covered in darkness, the King of Light will appear. We find out in the character DLC that Gladiolus and Ignis both already knew this was believed to be Noctis (Gladiolus is told by Gilgamesh and Ignis is told in a vision given to him by Luna's dog when it dies).
In the Comrades DLC, the remainder of the Kingsglaive and Crownsguard warriors are then enlisted by the Lucii kings and allowed to access the magic again so that they can protect Lucis until he returns (if you recall, they lost their magic powers at the end of the Kingsglaive movie).
So it is clear that everyone knows what's happening and is waiting for him. That is portrayed very casually in the original version of the game. They have massively redone that part in the Royal Edition though.

PikPi wrote:

I just kept thinking how utterly "Final Fantasy" it would have felt if the game was huge enough to include some of the stuff from the movie such as the empire invading the city and the ridiculous battles that ensue only for it to feel completely disconnected to the events of the end of the game.

And we know they did originally design that part of the game too. The problem is that once they'd decided that Noctis and co weren't in the city during the invasion, it's hard to know how you could include that part in gameplay. They'd either have to have changed Kingsglaive to include Noctis (which probably would've made the movie seem even more of an intro cutscene rather than a standalone film), or they'd have to have you controlling a different character, which would be a weird way to start a game.

Edited on by Dezzy

NEStalgia

I'm actually glad to know the nature of the ending thanks to a spoiler in this thread I really prefer games ending on happy notes, and at least I can go into this one fully with the right mindset. It kind of puts a damper on the whole thing but it's better to know it (though allegedly there's another DLC in 2019 that may offer an alternate ending......because heaven forbid a game is complete within 3 years of release.)

NEStalgia

Eel

At the very least the ending ends in a somewhat happy note. Showing you Noctis and Luna happily married, in what may or may not be heaven.

It's also a nice detail because it completes the logo of the game in the title screen.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TuVictus

@Dezzy Haha, I never knew that. That's particularly interesting. Imagine if allllll the extra media like the anime and movie (and whatever else) were meant to be a part of the game proper. Probably would have needed another decade or so

TuVictus

Dezzy

@NEStalgia @Yosheel

Ha, I noticed that. I thought Yosheel is a moderator so must know what he's doing somehow.

NEStalgia

@Yosheel it was spoiler of the nature of the end, though I'm legit glad you spoiled it becausei really hate that kind of ending in a game, and it's less miserable if you know it in advance. It also makes me want to deprioritize playing it compared to other games in the backlog. After a hundred plus hours with characters helping them overcome trouble it always seems likea slap in the face to the player to just make it all for nothing even if it's meaningful in narrative. Then there's that game that gives you that horrible tragic ending that ruins your mood for days that then goes "psyche it's all good now".

Might hold off on 15 to see if they're really is an alternate ending dlc . Just when i swore 8 wouldn't spend more ona game i have now bought on 3 platforms and never played more thana few hours of.

6/10, too much reality.

NEStalgia

Eel

Oh well if it makes it better, the game gets considerably sadder almost instantly as soon as you leave Lucis. And they explicitly tell you how it’s gonna end before the last chapter.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

I normally prefer happy endings too but I have to say this sad ending is very well done. It feels like a satisfying end to the story.

A bit like FF10. That had a good sad ending too.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

There was no sequel. Didn't happen. People imagined it.

Geobros

I bought the game and I have to admit it is better than I thought!! Ok the big disappointment is the face without emotions when the voices have emotions but apart from that it is a great game.

I have a question for those who played it. I unlocked the skill "MP Up+" with 50 AP points which enables the use of Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga. Though, I am not sure how it works the hole spell system. We absorb spell by Rune Stones and we can carry Only one spell at the time, right? Is there any way to cast Firaga for example? There is a hidden button? Or it is automatic?

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

TuVictus

People give X-2 crap, but just from a gameplay standpoint it's still one of the better entries in the series. Though, yes, the whole doing away with the original ending was pretty cheap, but I did enjoy the myriad of other, more basic endings where she just sorta moves on with her life.

Also I'm enjoying my retread of FF15. Combat-wise, at least. Walking around feels so laborious (they really nailed that true-to-life feeling of body weight) so I mostly just hop from place to place.

Mods are also pretty neat. I have Noctis as his much better older version design and naturally have Gladio in a series of ridiculous and revealing outfits. Though I haven't found any clothes for Ignis or Prompto that "fit" them, yet.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Eel

@Geobros spells can be used after finding an elemental charging spot.

They're single use and you don't get to choose the spell (it depends on the element you picked up).

But most maps have them in good quantities.

The skill tree gives them names for each tier, like in other FF games, but they don't really change visually.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.