Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy XV

Posts 201 to 205 of 205

TuVictus

I honestly don't know why they would want to change the ending. I know it's mostly just for fun, but the original one is the perfect amount of bitter sweet. I feel like changing that is cheap. Not everything needs to end in a cliche "happy" way.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@PikPi For an art/film perspective I agree. It's just with a game that takes so much time and associating so much energy into living these people's lives, to me it always feels unrewarding when it was all for nothing or sacrificial. If I slogged through 80 hours of questing at least let me feel like there's a reward for it. Leave Shakespeare for the stage. AN 8-10 hour action adventure I'd feel differently. But for a big RPG it's just such a let-down when it's a sad ending. I understand artistically why it's a thing, absolutely, but personally I really like the idea that I have the power to control the outcome, I can make the ending happy if I do it right etc. Living a hopeless tragedy is.....too much like real life....

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yeah I wish they wouldn't change it either. The ending for the game was already a satisfying conclusion. They could've spent all of that extra time adding more to the main game, like making Niflheim explorable.
I just hope most the Luna episode takes part in the same timeline so that it makes sense with either ending.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

@NEStalgia Honestly, I struggle to even find the original ending as sad. It wasn't "and they all lived happily ever after" but it most definitely also wasn't "the world is sad and hopeless"

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.