Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy XV

Posts 201 to 213 of 213

Seacliff

@Yosheel
I haven't played the Royal Edition, but that sounds exactly like the original ending.
Oh well.

Seacliff

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Witcher 3 has like 200+ hours of content. On par with Skyrim and Xenoblade X.

The next DLC probably IS going to have a happy ending alternative. That's what the descriptions sound like.
2 of the upcoming DLC will just be extra story detail for 2 of the main characters and then the other 2 will combine to be an alternative ending. That's what it sounds like from what we've been told.

@Yosheel @Seacliff

The very end is the same in all versions. The royal edition just extends the last chapter by about an extra hour's playtime. It doesn't change the actual ending events though.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy @Yosheel Well the director was talking about maybe including a happy ending in the DLCs. Not confirmed yet but he was talking about it. It would be cool to have a "true" ending that if you do everything right you somehow set events on a happy outcome. Plus a player determined ending just makes sense for a big story driven RPG, the idea that how you play can determine characters fates is motivating to make the right choices. Kind of like how Dishonored turns the entire world into a sick and twisted nightmare the more you kill people, and things are kind of mild if you just avoid and non-lethally deal with people

NEStalgia

Geobros

@Belgiandelight That sucks. I didn't have same problem, I finished this chapter 2 days ago.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

It was essentially confirmed by the descriptions given for the next DLC. I won't post them all because they contain spoilers but the way it sounded is that there are 4 DLC in 2019. The first 2 will just be additional to the main story. The last 2 will combine to offer an alternative happy ending.

This image came from an official SquareEnix presentation, so it seems like a confirmation:
Untitled

Delibheel

so basically make ardyn nice and nobody dies

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Dezzy That definitely sounds awesome and makes me definitely want to wait to play until all the DLC is out. (Great, I've bought the game thrice now....and I still have to buy more of it. ) That's ok, I can always slot Persona 5, NNK2, DQXI, WoFF, Deus Ex MD, ME Andromeda, Nier Automata, Ys 8, Witcher 3, Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, or one of the other half dozen RPGs in my backlog for the next year until they're done making FFXV. If they make a happy ending version I can forgive them for 3 years of post release develoment.

I just want to know if I can buy a season pass for it (again?) or if I have to buy each individually.

NEStalgia

PikPi

I honestly don't know why they would want to change the ending. I know it's mostly just for fun, but the original one is the perfect amount of bitter sweet. I feel like changing that is cheap. Not everything needs to end in a cliche "happy" way.

PikPi

NEStalgia

@PikPi For an art/film perspective I agree. It's just with a game that takes so much time and associating so much energy into living these people's lives, to me it always feels unrewarding when it was all for nothing or sacrificial. If I slogged through 80 hours of questing at least let me feel like there's a reward for it. Leave Shakespeare for the stage. AN 8-10 hour action adventure I'd feel differently. But for a big RPG it's just such a let-down when it's a sad ending. I understand artistically why it's a thing, absolutely, but personally I really like the idea that I have the power to control the outcome, I can make the ending happy if I do it right etc. Living a hopeless tragedy is.....too much like real life....

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yeah I wish they wouldn't change it either. The ending for the game was already a satisfying conclusion. They could've spent all of that extra time adding more to the main game, like making Niflheim explorable.
I just hope most the Luna episode takes part in the same timeline so that it makes sense with either ending.

PikPi

@NEStalgia Honestly, I struggle to even find the original ending as sad. It wasn't "and they all lived happily ever after" but it most definitely also wasn't "the world is sad and hopeless"

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

Delibheel

I guess it's ok since they label these alternate ensigns as that, alternate endings.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic