Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,142

Ralizah

FFIX is one of the few SP games in the series that I've never touched. It and FFII.

Although I never finished FFVIII.

Ralizah

Morpheel

The only Final Fantasy games I've actually finished, from start to credits, are 1 through 7.

Out of those, I've only played through 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 more than once.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

I've probably played FFVII to completion 10+ times over the years. I love that game.

Ralizah

embison

@JaxonH >> I'd skip FFX-2 though. It's pretty much agreed upon that it's not that good.

I'd argue that people think X-2 is different, not that it's bad. It's not what many people are looking for in a FF game. And you better like the main three characters, because you are going to be spending a lot of time with them.

What appeals to me about X-2 is the theme. "OK, you saved the world, now what?"

The Wii U is still the world's best console. Buy one today!

Morpheel

You start a band, of course.

Eh! My gameplay videos

DarthNocturnal

I've beaten I (although it was the GBA version; a bit too easy), III-VII, IX, XII, XIII, and XV. I've played (but not beaten) II, VIII, and X.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Morpheel

Is XIV the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

Eh! My gameplay videos

RedderRugfish

@Yosheel Yep. They threw out everything, started from scratch, and then worked this into the game's lore. Which is actually kinda cool I guess.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Is XIV the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

I heard that it improved by dinner.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

RedderRugfish

@Tyranexx You'll break fast if you're not careful with those puns and get caught.

ieatdragonz

I have never played a Final Fantasy game. I know people have already asked this question "Where should I start?" before, but that's not what I want to ask. What I do want to ask is if Crystal Chronicles is good enough of a starting point? Does it have advanced features only Final Fantasy fans would know? I have too much on the backlog to go for the other games, but do want to play/try-out Crystal Chronicles multiplayer. It works in 2-player right?

Actually, another question, is XII a fine enough starting point for the main series? Since its the first one coming to the Switch, I need to know if I should pick it up immediately or wait for Seven/Nine/Ten-Ten2.

Also, I know people hate XIII, but do you think it has a chance of coming to the Switch? Would be cool to have as many as possible here, even if it isn't a must-play.

God so many questions. Sorry, I'm just a bit of a Final Fantasy noob.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

RedderRugfish

@ieatdragonz Multiplayer requires a GBA per player, but I wouldn't worry about if it's a good starting point. It really doesn't matter which Final Fantasy you play first. Heck, my first (excluding the original) was Tactics Advance and I didn't have much trouble with it even if it has a lot of references to the main games.

DarthNocturnal

@Yosheel

Yeah. It's actually kinda clever. They worked it into the game's plot on relaunch. They even incorporated some player actions (something about scores of players surrounding an important city to “defend“ it) into the lore as well.

Morpheel

That sounds quite nice actually. I guess it ended up deepening the lore.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

Sounds like my mum's cooking.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

I bought the Vita version just because you get to explore some of the old FF worlds from previous games.
Don't care about anything else cos it looks a bit dumb.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarthNocturnal

I feel like they should've committed to one art style or the other. It's just seems kinda... off to me.

“We've got a super serious plot about light vs dark and crystals an-“
“Yeah, uh, why does Cloud look like a rejected Kirby enemy?“

Shoulda called it Final Fantasy Pop, a la Gears Pop.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic