Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII

Posts 181 to 200 of 230

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

the one that was so bad at lunch they actually had an apocalypse in-game and started over from scratch?

Sounds like my mum's cooking.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

JaxonH

Check it out!

New trailer for World of Final Fantasy Maxima

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, No More Heroes, Diablo 3, Dark Souls
Wii U: Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Dezzy

I bought the Vita version just because you get to explore some of the old FF worlds from previous games.
Don't care about anything else cos it looks a bit dumb.

DarthNocturnal

I feel like they should've committed to one art style or the other. It's just seems kinda... off to me.

“We've got a super serious plot about light vs dark and crystals an-“
“Yeah, uh, why does Cloud look like a rejected Kirby enemy?“

Shoulda called it Final Fantasy Pop, a la Gears Pop.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

I'm pretty sure I would've thought "those chibi things are aimed at a bit of a younger audience".....when I was 10 years old.

Heavyarms55

So all of these got announced but... did we ever get a release date or anything? I was kinda pumped about getting them...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

Magician

Heavyarms55 wrote:

So all of these got announced but... did we ever get a release date or anything? I was kinda pumped about getting them...

World of Final Fantasy released digitally last month, while its physical release is in February.

Everything else is TBA 2019, with physical preorders open for FFX&X-2 and FFXII.

Switch Physical Collection - 238 games (as of January 18th, 2019)
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (Switch) Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP) Dragons Crown (Vita)

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

Everything just said 2019. I doubt the older games will take too long. Those will probably just be straight-up software emulation.

link3710

@Dezzy Definitely not emulation, these are the same modern ports that are on PS4 / PC. There's no way they're getting a PS2 emulator up and running well enough on the Switch to sell for just a couple games. Considering we already have confirmation that XII has the updates from the modern version, I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed they all will be from that batch of releases.

link3710

DarthNocturnal

VII will probably be a port of the newer PC version. IX will probably be based on the Android version (if only because the PC version was).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@link3710

I meant the PS1 games. But yeah you're right. I forgot those were natively written ports on PC and PS4.

I assume the Switch can't be too different from those though given how quickly engines like Unreal and Unity offered Switch compatibility.

link3710

@Dezzy Actually, the fact that the Switch uses ARM (the same thing in phones and tablets) is probably why. Both those engines already had mobile ports. But yeah, that said, basically every developer under the sun has said porting to Switch from PC is super easy (so long as it isn't a super high end game).

Anyways, when it comes to the PS1 games, the smoking gun is the lack of Final Fantasy VIII. Since that's the only one without a remastered PC port, it explains it's absence, whereas an emulation would certainly include it.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy Ah, I must have missed that. I do hope they come out earlier in 2019, since the early months tend to be dry of new releases.

Feel free to add me

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

If you're an RPG fan, remember Tales of Vesperia comes out in January. I never finished it back on the Xbox but it's easily one of the best in the series.

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy No worries there, I will be picking that up for sure.

Feel free to add me

Silly_G

According to the EB Games (Australia) product page, X-2 will be supplied as a download code.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Anti-Matter

Silly_G wrote:

According to the EB Games (Australia) product page, X-2 will be supplied as a download code.

NOOOOOOO......!!! 😱😱😱

Dang It !
I really want to get rid my PS4 version of FF X/X-2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Justifier

Thats not too bad, X-2 is not very good imo.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

subpopz

Ugh, that's too bad. I've embraced digital games, but RPG's don't have high replay value, so I still prefer to have them physical if I can.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic