Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 181 to 200 of 988

Dezzy

I'm pretty sure I would've thought "those chibi things are aimed at a bit of a younger audience".....when I was 10 years old.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Heavyarms55

So all of these got announced but... did we ever get a release date or anything? I was kinda pumped about getting them...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Magician

Heavyarms55 wrote:

So all of these got announced but... did we ever get a release date or anything? I was kinda pumped about getting them...

World of Final Fantasy released digitally last month, while its physical release is in February.

Everything else is TBA 2019, with physical preorders open for FFX&X-2 and FFXII.

Switch Physical Collection - 345 games (as of June 17th, 2019)
Currently playing: Okami HD (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

Everything just said 2019. I doubt the older games will take too long. Those will probably just be straight-up software emulation.

link3710

@Dezzy Definitely not emulation, these are the same modern ports that are on PS4 / PC. There's no way they're getting a PS2 emulator up and running well enough on the Switch to sell for just a couple games. Considering we already have confirmation that XII has the updates from the modern version, I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed they all will be from that batch of releases.

link3710

DarthNocturnal

VII will probably be a port of the newer PC version. IX will probably be based on the Android version (if only because the PC version was).

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@link3710

I meant the PS1 games. But yeah you're right. I forgot those were natively written ports on PC and PS4.

I assume the Switch can't be too different from those though given how quickly engines like Unreal and Unity offered Switch compatibility.

link3710

@Dezzy Actually, the fact that the Switch uses ARM (the same thing in phones and tablets) is probably why. Both those engines already had mobile ports. But yeah, that said, basically every developer under the sun has said porting to Switch from PC is super easy (so long as it isn't a super high end game).

Anyways, when it comes to the PS1 games, the smoking gun is the lack of Final Fantasy VIII. Since that's the only one without a remastered PC port, it explains it's absence, whereas an emulation would certainly include it.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy Ah, I must have missed that. I do hope they come out earlier in 2019, since the early months tend to be dry of new releases.

Feel free to add me

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

If you're an RPG fan, remember Tales of Vesperia comes out in January. I never finished it back on the Xbox but it's easily one of the best in the series.

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy No worries there, I will be picking that up for sure.

Feel free to add me

Silly_G

According to the EB Games (Australia) product page, X-2 will be supplied as a download code.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Anti-Matter

Silly_G wrote:

According to the EB Games (Australia) product page, X-2 will be supplied as a download code.

NOOOOOOO......!!! 😱😱😱

Dang It !
I really want to get rid my PS4 version of FF X/X-2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Justifier

Thats not too bad, X-2 is not very good imo.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Anti-Matter

Btw, let's we compare FF X/X-2 HD on PS VITA & Switch.

PS Vita (Two games in one)
Untitled

PS Vita (Separated)
Untitled
Untitled

Switch (USA, PAL)
Untitled
Untitled

If we see the details on its cover, the PS Vita version with two games in one has a Warning text to require download since FF X-2 = digital download, while PS VITA version has separated FF X & FF X-2 in physical (but still needs Memory stick).

The Switch version comes with Clean artwork, NO warning about download requirement nor FF X-2 = digital code, so i assume FF X/X-2 switch = FULL 2 games in one cartridge.

Another case with Fortnite. The retail box said the box has No cartridge at all, instead it has only Download code, it mentioned on the Top of the cover.

So, i assume if the game will be digital code with pysical box, it will mentioned from the beginning. If the cover DOESN'T have any words like "Micro SD card required" or "The game is available in digital codes", it definetely Full games in Physical retail.

And, let's compare with other Switch games that have two games in one but one of them was digital download.
Untitled
Untitled

FF X/X-2 Switch will be released on 16 April 2019, 3 months from now, so i'm sure the cover we saw from internet was Definetely Official cover, WITHOUT any words about digital codes nor Micro SD card requirement for FF X-2.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

Given that it doesn't come out until April, there's a chance that this is just the placeholder boxart, without the warning.

I'll probably be getting them digitally on XB1 anyway.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Tyranexx

While I much prefer physical games, I'm not fully against having digital games if there are no other options. I'd like to know the file size on the Switch if that news for X-2 isn't region-specific.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Agriculture

FFX / X-2 HD collection is the one game I don't care if the 2nd game is download. FFX-2 is a really bad game. I bought it way back when on PS2 and hated everything about it.

Agriculture

JaxonH

They did the same thing for the Vita release. I was expecting it for Switch.

FFX-2 is kind of universally panned... I don’t think too many care about having that one on cart. Just so long as the timeless classic FFX is all on there. Granted, it would definitely be nice to have them both but... it’s kinda like the Mega Man Collections. As long as the timeless classics of 1-6 or X1-X3 are on there, who cares about the rest.

I’ll be buying them all digitally anyways in addition to physical, just because timeless classics deserve to be accessible 24/7 without the inconvenience of swapping carts.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic