Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3?!

Posts 101 to 120 of 238

canucksfan989

Glad i'm getting 2 physical with a digital code for 1 because the prices are messed up on the Canadian Switch store 64.49 plus 12 percent tax would be 72.23 for 2 then for 1 it's 43.33 a total of 115.56 vs buying it from a store for 89.59 a 25.97 difference if you wanted both games digitally. That just seems wrong it should be a bundle or something for the same 79.99 price that it is in stores

canucksfan989

OorWullie

@canucksfan989 There is a discount for buying one if you purchase the other. Or at least there is meant to be. I brought this up in another thread a while ago, that there doesn't seem to be a discount for buying both in the Eshop. Someone replied saying that the official web page for the game mentions a discount. It may be that it is automatically applied after purchasing 1 or 2 and if so, it would surely help the games chances if it was made clear on the game's Eshop page. Or maybe the discount won't be available until the release day. If that's the the case, then taking pre-orders for it and charging full price for both is out of order and is basically ripping off those who do pre-order.

Just as I said that I noticed an update on the news feed and it mentions the discount for buying both. Still nothing about it on either games Eshop pages though.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

bellow

Yeah, I got mine in shopto (UK) for £42 for both games, which is a good deal, I think. Plus I never got to play 2 on the Wiiu so probably would have payed that happily just for the one game.

bellow

bellow

Looks considerably richer in tone. I can imagine that to be the best looking handheld game ever made up to this point.

bellow

Torpian

It's out today - anyone got it yet?

Torpian

Mr_Humpf

I got a dispatch notification from Amazon yesterday, so hopefully I'll be on it today during my lunchbreak.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

bellow

Dispatched but yet to arrive. I hope it gets here today.

bellow

Buizel

Stayed up till midnight to give Bayonetta 2 a spin. I've not tried handheld mode yet, but it plays beautifully on the TV.

Can't wait to binge it over the weekend. I feel quite spoiled with this, Fe and Owlboy in the same week.

At least 2'8".

19Robb92

I wonder if we'll come to a point, again, in the series where a game is not partly owned by Nintendo (like with Bayo1). I mean, if the series start booming for whatever reason I imagine SEGA will most likely want to move it to multiple platforms and just fund it themselves.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

FragRed

@19Robb92 I somehow don't see that happening, even if Sega wanted to. I imagine Nintendo have something written in the terms that they get first say on any future instalments in the series, which is why the third game is exclusive. I doubt Nintendo will want to let go of the series now, like with Fatal Frame.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

19Robb92

FragRed wrote:

@19Robb92 I somehow don't see that happening, even if Sega wanted to. I imagine Nintendo have something written in the terms that they get first say on any future instalments in the series, which is why the third game is exclusive. I doubt Nintendo will want to let go of the series now, like with Fatal Frame.

Well, Fatal Frame is different since Nintendo partly owns that franchise (while SEGA is the sole owner of Bayonetta).

But yeah, they could have made a contract - who knows. I just think it'd be pretty funny to see the 4th game go multiplat while 2 and 3 are locked on Nintendo systems. Would be a mess.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

FragRed

@19Robb92 Kinda like how Dead Rising is a mess. First game was initially Xbox 360 exclusive then second was multiplatform, then third went Xbox One exclusive with forth being timed exclusive. No wonder the series has struggled. But I think Nintendo likely have a much tighter grip on an IP once they get their hands on it. It's why the second and third are outright published and funded by Nintendo, whereas Mircrosoft just funded Dead Rising.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

kobashi100

19Robb92 wrote:

I wonder if we'll come to a point, again, in the series where a game is not partly owned by Nintendo (like with Bayo1). I mean, if the series start booming for whatever reason I imagine SEGA will most likely want to move it to multiple platforms and just fund it themselves.

Bayonetta is never gonna be a huge seller. The series will be dead if Nintendo ever decide to walk away.

kobashi100

bellow

I know it's last Gen, so to speak, but that got to be the most impressive handheld game ever, and for quite a while to come, I'd bet.

bellow

Grumblevolcano

My copy arrived!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic