Forums

Topic: Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3?!

Posts 121 to 140 of 161

bellow

I know it's last Gen, so to speak, but that got to be the most impressive handheld game ever, and for quite a while to come, I'd bet.

bellow

Grumblevolcano

My copy arrived!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Nice! I am downloading the first game as we speak. You played either game before? Also did you get the standard or special edition?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Masurao

I just got my Japanese limited edition, and the box looks awesome. It is entirely different from the EU version and it is as huge as a board game.

Masurao

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I went for standard edition because the special edition still had a digital version of Bayonetta 1 (to get special edition I would've expected physical carts for both). I own the Wii U version of both (physical version of both but not first print edition) but by the time I got around to playing them, it was obviously coming to Switch so I decided to wait longer.

The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE are in a similar position (started but hadn't got too far) but they still feel likely enough for Switch ports for me to focus on other games instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I can see Wonderful 101 being tweaked for the Switch, perhaps with a sequel announced at same time. I only played the demo and struggled to get into it but if give it another shot on Switch.

I bought the Bayonetta special edition because I thought both were physical only to later realise it's only in Japan by which point I couldn't be bothered with cancelling and then ordering standard. I still feel Nintendo shouldn't be cheaping out like that with first party/Nintendo published games.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

A note about the physical version in the US:

@FragRed I see all 3 happening to be honest. Wonderful 101 being a situation similar to Bayonetta 1+2, Monolith Soft wants XCX on Switch and TMS#FE being used by Atlus to make the wait for SMT V less painful.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

Platinum already teased Wonderful 101, and Takahashi already stated he wants to see XCX on Switch. Not too sure about Tokyo Mirage Sessions though. That one might stay on the U.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Tondodino

Oh man, Tokyo Mirage was such an amazing game. I hope they bring it over. Can't wait for Bayonetta 3. I've only played the 2nd one, and it was enjoyable. I'm planning on picking up both ports when I take another break from Xenoblade (that game is going to take me a while ).

Add me: 7433-5904-4506

Nintendo Strong!

the_shpydar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

A note about the physical version in the US:

Thanks for posting this. It would seem my copy that i bought today (from Best Buy) is among the ones with the misprinted code.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Sanya_Claus

No idea why they couldn't just put a physical copy of the first game in with the other like with the Wii U, or a Metroid Prime Trilogy-like setup...

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

skywake

Joeynator3000 wrote:

No idea why they couldn't just put a physical copy of the first game in with the other like with the Wii U, or a Metroid Prime Trilogy-like setup...

Likely because of the size of the games. Both games combined would have to be on a 32GB cartridge, each game individually would have to be on a 16GB cartridge. Possibly a 16GB and an 8GB if they optimised the file size of Bayonetta a tad and/or had a small day 1 download.

Either way I don't really mind the way they've done it. You get the best of both worlds. Less storage taken up on the Switch, a box of the game for your shelf and you always have Bayonetta on your system.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

maruse

I got my Climax Edition yesterday. It's nice to have both game physical.
I'm concentrating in Bayonetta for now, so I haven't even launched Bayonetta 2 yet.
It's my first time playing these games so I want to go in order.
So far I'm loving it. I'm playing in Normal difficulty and it's quite challenging but not frustrating. Dodging is key!

Nickname/user name: マノロ

Switch Friend Code: SW-0173-2422-2348 | 3DS Friend Code: 1693-6257-5220 | Nintendo Network ID: maruse

meppi64

Still heard nothing about my Climax Edition from Non-nin-game and I ordered in early December.
Normally they ship preorders the day the game releases.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

GameOtaku

Well after about a twenty min hold I finally got a working code for Bayonetta and I'm already nearing the end of the game so maybe I'll start 2 before the end of tonight. Great game so far!

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

the_shpydar

Called Nintendo today and got a replacement code after about 5 minutes. The Customer Support guy was funny; he started out joking by saying "What are you talking about? There's no problems with the download codes. We're lonely, we just wanted people to call us."

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Bayonetta 2 placed at #3 and at #5 in the UK Individual and All Formats Charts respectively. I guarantee I won't have to send reminders on Wednesday that the site still hasn't posted the charts. That's a great debut. There's a few things to take into consideration though. It was the only notable new entry besides Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Also, FIFA 18 prevented it from debuting one place higher because the game is on sale at less than half price.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

meppi64

@the_shpydar
Haha, now that's customer support.
They have always been super friendly and helpful when I needed to call them when something went wrong.

Contrary to Microsoft...
When I first signed up for Live (which was free for a couple of months) on the original Xbox and wanted to cancel my subscription so that they wouldn't charge me afterwards, I got a whole other response.
Something to the liking of "Are our games not good enough for you or what?"
I was like, eum, well I didn't really enjoy my online sessions, no.
To which I got a "What are you talking about! We got Halo 2, don't we? What more could you want!?"
And quite a bit more abuse like that.
In the end, I started getting miffed a bit myself and replied something like, well if you guys had something as fun as Mario Kart to play online, then perhaps it would be worth paying for. Right now, it's not.

I just don't understand why companies would have people be so rude to a customer and think that's the way to get them to stick around. lol

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Both the SKU's of Bayonetta 2 have had a poor debut in Japan.

13. [NSW] Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax Edition – 11,694 / NEW
14. [NSW] Bayonetta 2 – 9,532 / NEW

I suppose you can say it's ~21,000 combined. That's still not great. According to 4Gamer, the Wii U exclusive sold 38,828 units in its first week on sale in Japan, nearly double that of on Switch.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20140924088/

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic