Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,369

Haru17

@Frosty_09 I mean, it's better than low frame rate 2D elements. I like their models, and they actually change relative to the current fighters.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

I don't see myself playing this with "traditional" controls. I'll certainly use joy-cons with motion controls. I'm sure it will feel better, more addictive, precise and satisfying. Like with Splatoon. Using motion controls is WAY better than sticks for aiming. With ARMS things will not change. Doesn't matter if i will "smell like a locker room": there's a thing called shower!

And by the way this can also be a good way to make some physical activity for my "ARMS" since i like to play football with my friends

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

FGPackers

Wow also a possibility for boost items to drop on stage! That's awesome! Give me more info, i can't wait until June 16th!!!

FGPackers

Octane

@Frosty_09 @Tsurii That makes sense. But who in their right mind would play this game with a single Joy-Con!? I'm sure the Pro Controller/double Joy-Con control scheme is more similar to motion controls in that case. It's always good to know games can be played without motion controla for those who can't or aren't able to play it any other way (and for the lazy folk, like me!).

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Wait, motion controls in Smash? Never knew that was a thing. I generally play using regular controls, but I do like the gyro for aiming in games like Splatoon, Zelda and Gravity Rush.

@Frosty_09 Yeah no reason to apologise. I would be great if Nintendo themselves talked about it a bit more, but I guess we have to wait till launch to find out.

Octane

FGPackers

Tactics in this game seems to be one of the (if not the) most important things. This can take it to e-sports and so. Everyday and everything that i see of this game makes me want it everyday more!!

FGPackers

OorWullie

Snazzy! Electrodome was the first thing that come to mind with me which happens to be one of my favourite tracks.I kind of wish there was spectators on those balcony's though.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

meleebrawler

@OorWullie Wouldn't they have to constantly dodge errant punches, though? And I guess the Mario Kart team influence is showing...

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

@Frosty_09 Electrodrome was the first thing I thought of when I saw the screens you posted. Speaking of which, allow me to repost them for the new page...

Untitled

Untitled

Anyway, I dig it. I'm glad Ribbongirl has more personality to her than just 'Girl Mario,' etc. This being the Mario Kart team and all, I'm expecting some nice synth music as well as the stage (also a dance floor?) raising up like a hill in Minecraft.

Edited on by Haru17

sinalefa

When I saw that stage, I actually thought of this

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Haru17

@Frosty_09 It seems so — that strikes me as a bit too high quality of an animation to not be in.

I don't think it's any more than a transition animation, though. The totem nonsense died with Tri Force Heroes.

Haru17

THAT'S the one I was forgetting.

JoyBoy

Would be great If it's from a story mode or something.
Anyways, the gif does make sense since she is such a fan of the arms fighters and all, that she is willing to carry them to battle. I like that.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

FGPackers

On a strategical level seems like the Skate map in Splatoon: better if you stay on the high part. And i think same will be with Ribbon Girl one

FGPackers

Haru17

They show a little clip of combat on Ribbongirl's stage at the bottom of Nintendo's E3 page: http://e3.nintendo.com

Octane

Biff has swirly eyes too, he's also part of the conspiracy.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic