Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 101 to 120 of 128

Heavyarms55

@Octane No, my contract is just ending. I could get a different job here but my mother is getting older, my father has already passed away, and I have no siblings. Having worked in a nursing home for a few months in college, I know how utterly miserable they are (unless you're exceedingly rich) and I don't want my mother to end up in one. Which means I need to move back to the states and be reasonably set up living there before her health takes a turn. Thankfully she's always been real healthy, but nothing lasts forever...

Also there was that time I tried to overthrow the Emperor. But they never found out that was me.

But that's not the reason I think my life will kinda suck when I move stateside. It's that I'll be living in the US again in general. tl;dr I don't like America much anymore and if my family and many of my friends didn't all live there, I'd never go back.

Animal Crossing will probably literally be my life at that point lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Monkeido

Some extra info from everyone's favourite website: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal...

Seems to me like you'll have a choice of making different types of towns, as in it being more rural or more urban (and possibly anything in between).

EDIT: And this pretty much confirms Isabelle is back. Though I only care if my favourite villager, Static, is back.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Yorumi

Monkeido wrote:

Some extra info from everyone's favourite website: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal...

Seems to me like you'll have a choice of making different types of towns, as in it being more rural or more urban (and possibly anything in between).

EDIT: And this pretty much confirms Isabelle is back. Though I only care if my favourite villager, Static, is back.

The only thing I hate is how the more they talk the more questions they raise. This information is great of course. The questions it raises though are just how much is development tied to your house? Like say I want a nice big house but don't exactly want a metropolis with skyscrapers springing up around me. Am I forced to choose between living in a tent or an urban jungle?

I'm sure all will be answered eventually. We've sadly got 9 months to go. I am loving what I'm seeing though. This is the first time I've felt Animal Crossing has taken a major leap forward. I felt like even New Leaf was just a small iteration on an existing formula. This game, as the title suggests, seems like they really sat down and asked how can we take Animal Crossing to new and exciting places. It really is the first time since the GC one that I've looked at Animal Crossing and thought that is unexpected and exciting. I suppose they figured they couldn't with the delay but this really should have been the flagship game at E3.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

Monkeido

Yorumi wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

The only thing I hate is how the more they talk the more questions they raise. This information is great of course. The questions it raises though are just how much is development tied to your house? Like say I want a nice big house but don't exactly want a metropolis with skyscrapers springing up around me. Am I forced to choose between living in a tent or an urban jungle?

I'm sure all will be answered eventually. We've sadly got 9 months to go. I am loving what I'm seeing though. This is the first time I've felt Animal Crossing has taken a major leap forward. I felt like even New Leaf was just a small iteration on an existing formula. This game, as the title suggests, seems like they really sat down and asked how can we take Animal Crossing to new and exciting places. It really is the first time since the GC one that I've looked at Animal Crossing and thought that is unexpected and exciting. I suppose they figured they couldn't with the delay but this really should have been the flagship game at E3.

I definitely agree some more clarity would be appreciated, but as you said, we'll just have to wait for that information in the coming months. I'm going to assume that, seeing as the focus seems to be player freedom, you can upgrade whatever you want and invest in whichever structures you want, though that's obviously just a hopeful guess. ^^'

Monkeido

Yorumi

@Monkeido That's kind of my thinking too. Nothing they've really shown has been anything but positive so I'm sure this is the same. Even if you can't pick and choose it's not like AC clutters the map with horrible things.

Mostly it's just given the game's state of development I wish they'd just come out and say here's a feature list. This is what we're building. I suppose they want stuff to slowly release to stay in the news but hey I can dream.

Yorumi

Mountain_Man

Yorumi wrote:

Mostly it's just given the game's state of development I wish they'd just come out and say here's a feature list. This is what we're building. I suppose they want stuff to slowly release to stay in the news but hey I can dream.

It's classic showmanship: always leave the audience wanting more.

The Mountain Man

MasterHiggins

I noticed the wind varies in the game, could there be damage to homes you might repair?

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

Monkeido

@Yorumi Would be so nice if developers just did that, especially for a game like Animal Crossing. But indeed, they would then basically have nothing left to show off in the months leading up to release.

Monkeido

Monkeido

I thought this thread would be buzzing... ^^'

Some new info, which for some reason Nintendo Life hasn't posted about:

• Kyogoku said New Horizons has one island per single system.
  • You start with two or so neighbours, who also have a debt with Nook and will pay for it themselves.
  • You'll be able to invite animals to your island in some way.
  • Isabelle will be in New Horizons, but you’ll have to earn her.
  • Tom Nook puts money back into the community.
  • No direct connection between Pocket Camp and New Horizons.
  • You can choose your skin tone, hair, face, etc. at the start and it's not gender specific.
  • There are no new personality types.
  • The Nook Phone will get new apps, like the design feature from New Leaf.
  • You can’t set up a tent on a friend’s island.
  • Voice chat will likely be done through the Nintendo Switch Online app.
  • There are new ways to improve your friendship with Islanders, like gifting them crafted items.
  • Islanders can teach you new DIY recipes.

Sources:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/nintendo-confirms-new...
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/how-tom-nook-uses-his...
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18662401/animal-crossing...

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Yorumi

@Monkeido I hope the one island thing gets some more clarity. What they showed was awful small. I feel like there has to be some way to expand.

Yorumi

Monkeido

@Yorumi I think they only meant not having multiple island as in, not having multiple save files per system, you only get one. And yeah, the island didn't look that big (though apparently it's bigger than New Leaf), but it could've been a specific island for the E3 demo, or maybe you'll be able to expand to island, or they'll just make it bigger in the final release, who knows. We'll just have to wait for more information to come out, but I'm sure the amount of space we end up getting will be plenty.

Monkeido

Yorumi

@Monkeido yeah I'm actually making all the same assumptions you are about this. Though looking at it it's hard to believe it's bigger than New Leaf. Unfortunately at this point there's just not a whole lot to really talk about. We can all talk about what we want to see or whatever but information is just so slim right now it's like well looks cool, we're excited, not much to do but just wait.

Yorumi

Yorumi

@Monkeido I hope that's accurate. If so then I'm good, that's a perfectly acceptable size.

Yorumi

Monkeido

Animal Crossing: New Horizons won’t support Cloud Saves Backup due to cheating concerns
https://animalcrossingworld.com/2019/06/animal-crossing-new-h...

I really hope this is either incorrect or that they'll change their mind within the next 9 months, because games you put 100+ hours into, that don't have competitive multiplayer, are the main reason you want to be able to back-up your save games. Sigh, how can preventing cheating in a mostly single-player, non competitive game, be more important than giving 99% of the people who play your game without cheating some peace of mind.

Monkeido

Yorumi

Monkeido wrote:

Sigh, how can preventing cheating in a mostly single-player, non competitive game, be more important than giving 99% of the people who play your game without cheating some peace of mind.

Because Nintendo is stupid. They live too much in a bubble and absolutely refuse to research solutions to their problems. Even in a game like Splatoon cheating isn't a valid excuse because the save data shouldn't be on your system in the first place. Of course Nintendo is dumb and put it there. I fully expected this. I refuse to pay for online so it doesn't affect me but I know it sucks for those who do. I know how much it hurts because on pc i've got cloud backups of my cities in Cities Skylines, Stardew Valley and other games like that. It's comforting knowing that even if I uninstall the games my save is still safe.

Yorumi

Grumblevolcano

@Monkeido I wouldn't be surprised if online multiplayer has a much larger focus in this game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

Cheating in Animal Crossing is weird, though, the game is all about taking things at your pace. Cheating at a game like that seems to me like screwing yourself out of hours of fun.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Hollow Knight

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic