Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 101 to 120 of 10,553

Mountain_Man

Yorumi wrote:

Mostly it's just given the game's state of development I wish they'd just come out and say here's a feature list. This is what we're building. I suppose they want stuff to slowly release to stay in the news but hey I can dream.

It's classic showmanship: always leave the audience wanting more.

The Mountain Man

MasterHiggins

I noticed the wind varies in the game, could there be damage to homes you might repair?

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

Monkeido

@Yorumi Would be so nice if developers just did that, especially for a game like Animal Crossing. But indeed, they would then basically have nothing left to show off in the months leading up to release.

Monkeido

Monkeido

I thought this thread would be buzzing... ^^'

Some new info, which for some reason Nintendo Life hasn't posted about:

• Kyogoku said New Horizons has one island per single system.
  • You start with two or so neighbours, who also have a debt with Nook and will pay for it themselves.
  • You'll be able to invite animals to your island in some way.
  • Isabelle will be in New Horizons, but you’ll have to earn her.
  • Tom Nook puts money back into the community.
  • No direct connection between Pocket Camp and New Horizons.
  • You can choose your skin tone, hair, face, etc. at the start and it's not gender specific.
  • There are no new personality types.
  • The Nook Phone will get new apps, like the design feature from New Leaf.
  • You can’t set up a tent on a friend’s island.
  • Voice chat will likely be done through the Nintendo Switch Online app.
  • There are new ways to improve your friendship with Islanders, like gifting them crafted items.
  • Islanders can teach you new DIY recipes.

Sources:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/nintendo-confirms-new...
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/how-tom-nook-uses-his...
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18662401/animal-crossing...

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Monkeido

@Yorumi I think they only meant not having multiple island as in, not having multiple save files per system, you only get one. And yeah, the island didn't look that big (though apparently it's bigger than New Leaf), but it could've been a specific island for the E3 demo, or maybe you'll be able to expand to island, or they'll just make it bigger in the final release, who knows. We'll just have to wait for more information to come out, but I'm sure the amount of space we end up getting will be plenty.

Monkeido

Monkeido

Animal Crossing: New Horizons won’t support Cloud Saves Backup due to cheating concerns
https://animalcrossingworld.com/2019/06/animal-crossing-new-h...

I really hope this is either incorrect or that they'll change their mind within the next 9 months, because games you put 100+ hours into, that don't have competitive multiplayer, are the main reason you want to be able to back-up your save games. Sigh, how can preventing cheating in a mostly single-player, non competitive game, be more important than giving 99% of the people who play your game without cheating some peace of mind.

Monkeido

Grumblevolcano

@Monkeido I wouldn't be surprised if online multiplayer has a much larger focus in this game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

Cheating in Animal Crossing is weird, though, the game is all about taking things at your pace. Cheating at a game like that seems to me like screwing yourself out of hours of fun.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

DanTheSausage

"New Horizons will not be compatible with cloud backup, to avoid manipulating time, which remains one of the founding concepts of the series."

What? I can't even imagine what they're talking about. Time manipulation was always done over the system clock, to skip a day or more. Or is he concerned that people would upload a save, trade away stuff, an download the old save? Basically duping stuff.

[removed], horrible idea to not give a way to save a save. You could just limit how many times you can download your save from the cloud per month and you're good.

Mind your language - Octane

Edited on by Octane

DanTheSausage

Octane

I always hated those bugs that were only available for a couple of weeks during the year, yet were still very rare.

Octane

Mountain_Man

Monkeido wrote:

I thought this thread would be buzzing... ^^'

It's hard to get much "buzz" going when we still have so little information.

The Mountain Man

Monkeido

Yorumi wrote:

Because Nintendo is stupid. They live too much in a bubble and absolutely refuse to research solutions to their problems. Even in a game like Splatoon cheating isn't a valid excuse because the save data shouldn't be on your system in the first place. Of course Nintendo is dumb and put it there. I fully expected this. I refuse to pay for online so it doesn't affect me but I know it sucks for those who do. I know how much it hurts because on pc i've got cloud backups of my cities in Cities Skylines, Stardew Valley and other games like that. It's comforting knowing that even if I uninstall the games my save is still safe.

I really hope there will be some way to back-up your save game, cloud or not. I also have many copies of save games from PC games stored away. Kinda ridiculous you can't access your save game data on Switch.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Monkeido I wouldn't be surprised if online multiplayer has a much larger focus in this game.

Definitely possible it will be more focussed on multiplayer than previous titles, but I think single-player will still be the main focus. Even with a focus on multiplayer, I don't really see the harm in cheating, unless it is to destroy other people's villages or something, but if someone enjoys duplicating items and, for example, making bells of it, it won't hurt me what-so-ever. To each their own.

Mountain_Man wrote:

It's hard to get much "buzz" going when we still have so little information.

That's true.

Monkeido

Anti-Matter

@Monkeido
"Animal Crossing: New Horizons won’t support Cloud Saves Backup due to cheating concerns"

LOL 🤣
I have been "cheating" so many times for my Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS.
Here the things i can do :

1. Time Travel. I can get rid unwanted villagers quickly or set the time back to same time and date over and over again. Also, since the newest update on ACNL 3DS, i can leave my game for not being played so long until i login again after i have find out villagers who want to move out and ask them to stay. So, after i ask my villager to stay, i can save and quit from the game and i can leave ACNL without worrying to lose my villagers due to Move Out.

2. Quick Reset Trick. I have been spending tons of hours to create a new character to investigate which villager will be on my town. If i satisfied i will save but if not i will quit from the game and start over again until i get desired villagers.

3. Visiting the other player's town. I can do this trick by having two 3DS machine and two copies of game. The benefits i can get such as getting ALL fruits by exchanging each other, i can move in specific villagers from other town of my second copy then recreate again my second town to regenerate another desired villagers, i can unlock Town Hall redesign by visitting other town for 100 times quickly, i can exchange specific items from my second copy and vice versa, i can get Street Pass easily for Happy Home Academy since i have two 3DS and two copies of the game, i can unlock Katrina Fortune Telling shop quickly by pay visit her booth on other town, i can sell my Perfect fruits to other town of my second copy to get extra cash easily and if there is a Lazy camper inside the tent, i can multiply the amount of money by guessing their riddles quickly and correctly and they will pay the Perfect fruits from my second copy with even more money. And to make it better, the town that have lazy camper, i will try to "stop" the time by keep time travelling (set the date and time back to specific date before 24 hours left) so the lazy camper will keep there forever until i proceed to next day and the other town that Perfect fruits, i can skip the date to next 3 days to regrow the Perfect fruits and i can harvest them again and send them to my other town that has lazy camper, sell to them with tons of money and i can share the profits to my first town. And of course i have to keep my eyes on my town that i time travelled quickly to prevent Move Out villagers.

Well, such a cunning little tricks, eh ? 😉

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Monkeido

@Anti-Matter Pretty much done all these things as well. I'd always time-travel back to when I last played and then just play [in-game] day after day to get back to the current date IRL. I never time-travelled into the future though.

Can't even remember how many times I reset my game, just to get a decent villager that was on a good location in relation to the paths I made. ^^' At least we can move the houses ourselves now, so that's great!

Monkeido

Anti-Matter

@Octane
That wasn't cheating, but exploiting the opportunity by legal ways. 😝

Anti-Matter

LuigiTheGreenFire

Animal Crossing is one of the most essential games you would want Cloud Saves for so you don't lose all your work. Ugh. I hope they reverse this bad decision, but I doubt it.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Mountain_Man

Anti-Matter wrote:

1. Time Travel.

I read once that New Leaf could detect when the player used "time travel" and that the animals would comment on it from time to time.

The Mountain Man

someguy050

I only have one true fear for this game. I would like to play with my family at home and with my friends at other colleges. At the same time.
For other companies, you would imagine combining couch co-op and online play together at the same time wouldn't be that big of a deal, but after the chaos that is Smash Ultimate's Battle Arena system, I greatly fear that we won't be able to do it.
Unless of course, they quietly already confirmed that this is possible, but if they have, I haven't seen it yet.

Right now, I'm sinking my teeth into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and in a moment I'm going to play Mario Maker 2!
In the future, I can't wait to grind some New Horizons and Link's Awakening!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic