Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 81 to 100 of 10,553

Eel

Considering the last game got a dedicated direct for an update several years after release, I think we’ll be ok.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Linoshi Advertising your own YouTube channel isn't allowed.

Octane

Octane

No hype?

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Me, got a liitle bit hype.
Here what was happened to me during announcement.
1. Black screen, attendant calls Nook Company = 😃😃😃 Animal Crossing for Switch!!!
2. When i saw first image of the island = 😫😫😫 New Leaf style??!!
3. When i saw the character can jump over the river = 😗 Ooh... Something new !
4. When i realized the overall looked like New Leaf = 😐 Well.... It was okay, at least similar with New Leaf, but my impression will not going more than 90. It will be around 80 - 90.

Anti-Matter

Harmonie

2020 release is disappointing. I kind of knew it was coming when it was leaked that LA was a September title. I just knew that it was too good to be true that Animal Crossing would come out late in the year alongside Pokemon, LA, and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Uncertain what to think of the game so far. The town customization looks improved. However, the graphics being so simplistic kind of throws me off. They look beautiful in places, but the plain-ness of the textures is jarring at the moment.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

DarkRula

There was an airport icon or something on the map, so I expect travelling has to play a part in this. And that map looked to be split into 7x6 acres, although I think the acres themselves are smaller. Maybe.

I'm happy to finally see it, even if the delay has pushed it back. I expect we will get a lot with it, and will await future info.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Taya

I'm disappointed that it's delayed but it looks great. I think I will like the crafting system and decorating outside. And it looks so cute!!

Taya

LuigiTheGreenFire

I still think that all the Animal Crossing spin-offs cost us an core Animal Crossing title on Wii U or at least a 2017-2019 release on Switch. I can't think of the last time a main installment of such a well-selling Nintendo series was put off for so long.

At any rate, we finally have the title, gameplay, full release date, etc. The Treehouse gameplay makes the game look better than the trailer (which was kind of confusing). I hope the town is bigger than New Leaf. I don't need something huge, because that takes away from the charm of Animal Crossing. Just something bigger would be nice.

Local same-screen co-op has finally happened! I think they said up to four players. For the people living in the Southern Hemisphere (Australia, New Zealand, most of South America, bottom of Africa, etc.), I'm glad they can finally have the seasons match up. That feature should've been added a while ago.

The wait is going to be agonizing. There's no guarantee this will be the best in the series, but it's certainly likely.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Mountain_Man

Seacliff wrote:

Mechanics look good, but the area is small.
Maybe the game has multiple islands?

My guess is you gain access to new areas as you play.

The Mountain Man

-Green-

The game is very pretty. Genuinely fees very comfy and relaxing to look at. Love how vibrant it is

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Harmonie

@LuigiTheGreenFire I mean, the "core" Animal Crossing on the Wii wasn't very good, so I'm glad that they padded out the years with some spin-offs instead of jumping straight into making a Wii U Animal Crossing. And I mean they would have had to turn around and do it immediately, as New Leaf was released near simultaneously with the Wii U IIRC (the game was released afterward in the west). Thus, there wouldn't have been time to really make something great, and Animal Crossing U would have probably been a lot like City Folk - nearly a copy and paste of the previous title, but rushed together and thus full of annoying changes and poorly designed features.

Amiibo Festival was a flop, and Pocket Camp is a greedy "F2P" monstrosity (with some neat objects), but I really liked Happy Home Designer, and I'm glad they made it. They then turned around and added some HHD features in New Leaf, which was neat.

Anyway, I'm watching the Treehouse excerpt in more detail and am pretty hyped. I don't know how I feel about the fact that you have to construct everything, though. That idea seems like it was taken from Pocket Camp... The Pocket Camp features I would have really liked to have seen were the unique trees, flora, and decorations/objects, not the constructing stuff! BUT that doesn't mean it will be bad. Obviously, PC is bad because it's a mobile game and it doesn't actually give you true, unabashed freedom at any point.

I guess the idea of the game is that you effectively build up your own town, which is a neat new concept to try. And I do love the great freedom with placing objects outside. New Leaf was bogged down by Public Works Projects, which you got by RNG and which the placing of which was very clunky and time consuming. Now we truthfully have the freedom to place furniture we place indoors, outdoors anywhere we want. That is beautiful. People who worked so hard through NL's clunky town decorating mechanisms to make something great will surely enjoy this. And I will, too.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Heavyarms55

The delay is really really sad. But the gameplay looks really cool! I love the idea of basically the whole island being customizable! And the visual looks gorgeous even compressed on YouTube running through my Switch over wifi! This game will probably be my life once it finally drops. At least until I have to move back to the US in late 2020 and my life goes to **** .... XD

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Mountain_Man

Heavyarms55 wrote:

This game will probably be my life once it finally drops.

Yep... even though I prefer buying physical whenever possible, I'm planning to buy Animal Crossing digitally just because it's one of those games I know I'll be frequently dipping in and out of.

The Mountain Man

Octane

@Heavyarms55 You committed a horrible crime and Japan is sending you back?

Octane

Heavyarms55

@Octane No, my contract is just ending. I could get a different job here but my mother is getting older, my father has already passed away, and I have no siblings. Having worked in a nursing home for a few months in college, I know how utterly miserable they are (unless you're exceedingly rich) and I don't want my mother to end up in one. Which means I need to move back to the states and be reasonably set up living there before her health takes a turn. Thankfully she's always been real healthy, but nothing lasts forever...

Also there was that time I tried to overthrow the Emperor. But they never found out that was me.

But that's not the reason I think my life will kinda suck when I move stateside. It's that I'll be living in the US again in general. tl;dr I don't like America much anymore and if my family and many of my friends didn't all live there, I'd never go back.

Animal Crossing will probably literally be my life at that point lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Monkeido

Some extra info from everyone's favourite website: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal...

Seems to me like you'll have a choice of making different types of towns, as in it being more rural or more urban (and possibly anything in between).

EDIT: And this pretty much confirms Isabelle is back. Though I only care if my favourite villager, Static, is back.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Monkeido

Yorumi wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

Some extra info from everyone's favourite website: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal...

Seems to me like you'll have a choice of making different types of towns, as in it being more rural or more urban (and possibly anything in between).

EDIT: And this pretty much confirms Isabelle is back. Though I only care if my favourite villager, Static, is back.

The only thing I hate is how the more they talk the more questions they raise. This information is great of course. The questions it raises though are just how much is development tied to your house? Like say I want a nice big house but don't exactly want a metropolis with skyscrapers springing up around me. Am I forced to choose between living in a tent or an urban jungle?

I'm sure all will be answered eventually. We've sadly got 9 months to go. I am loving what I'm seeing though. This is the first time I've felt Animal Crossing has taken a major leap forward. I felt like even New Leaf was just a small iteration on an existing formula. This game, as the title suggests, seems like they really sat down and asked how can we take Animal Crossing to new and exciting places. It really is the first time since the GC one that I've looked at Animal Crossing and thought that is unexpected and exciting. I suppose they figured they couldn't with the delay but this really should have been the flagship game at E3.

I definitely agree some more clarity would be appreciated, but as you said, we'll just have to wait for that information in the coming months. I'm going to assume that, seeing as the focus seems to be player freedom, you can upgrade whatever you want and invest in whichever structures you want, though that's obviously just a hopeful guess. ^^'

Monkeido

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic