Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,779

Jmaster

faint wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Okay!

Game Boy -> Game Boy Pocket/Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance -> GBA SP, Micro
DS -> Lite, Dsi, DSi XL
3DS -> XL

Did I do the whole history of this "Apple" you speak of?

No.
GBP, GBA SP, DS lite, DSi XL don't count: no exclusive games, not a successor, not an Apple.
Gameboy color came out EIGHT YEARS after the original. Not an Apple.
GBA came out only 3 years after GBC, yes, but was an even more significant leap forward. Not an Apple.
DSi IS an Apple, but by then the iPhone's first baby-step successor was already out, so the term should still go to them.
And even if they weren't the first to (which is most likely the case), they're still the best known for it.
And even if Nintendo's been doing it ever since the gameboy (which is not the case), it's still a dick move.

the dsi did have exclusive games.

Hence I said it was an Apple.

Jmaster

LzWinky

Apple releases a new phone just about every year for up to $600.

Nintendo releases an upgraded handheld after a few years for about $200.

I apologize if I fail to see the similarities here.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jmaster

WaLzgi wrote:

'Apple' is a term for releasing a successor to product too soon without it improving enough on the original. Is it that hard to understand?

Edited on by Jmaster

Jmaster

Spoony_Tech

Jmaster wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

'Apple' is a term for releasing a successor to product too soon without it improving enough on the original. Is it that hard to understand?

Not hard at all, all we are saying is Nintendo has been at it far longer then Apple ever has. Look back a couple of pages where it all started. The term Apple should be Nintendo.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Justlink

Jmaster wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

The XL isnt a successor, its an upgrade that has no exclusives and is for people who wanted bigger screens and/or haven't bought it yet. What the 2ds? So by definition, not an apple. I think ur the apple

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Joeynator3000

....I feel like having an apple now. o_0

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ryu_Niiyama

This is getting confusing. Why is Apple getting bandied around like a pejorative term? Technology should be expected to improve. Smartphones and TVs come out every year. You don't have to buy the latest one but don't complain when your older model doesn't have all the bells and whistles. Game systems are the only tech that tends to not release a hardware revision or successor every year yet when they come out a few years down the road folks get up in Also the n3ds is a revision not a successor. ONE exclusive game does not a successor make.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MegaMari0

APPLE JUICE!!!! wait were weren't talking about fruits and their liquid concoctions? alright. I think Nintendo is the Apple of gaming. I'm talking QUALITY. they sure as heck ain't as expensive as apple tends to be when compared to its rivals. Aesthetically they do a lot of whites and blacks with home consoles. They offer choices to their handhelds. big or regular size. colors all around. So they are like apple but everything good about Apple.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Jmaster

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Not hard at all, all we are saying is Nintendo has been at it far longer then Apple ever has. Look back a couple of pages where it all started. The term Apple should be Nintendo.

Jmaster wrote:

And even if they weren't the first to (which is most likely the case), they're still the best known for it.

So the term should go to Apple.
Now can we please go back on-topic? I hate having to explain things several times because people don't bother to read.

Jmaster

Araquanid

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't want to see a Metroid...just to be that guy!

Untitled

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Honestly Metroid seems more likely to be an E3 reveal.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MegaMari0

Surprise F-Zero reveal, Super Surprise reveal of 3ds Star fox to play alongside Wii u version. Too good to be true surprise reveal of Chrono Trigger remake for Wii U.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Jmaster

Honestly I don't think we're getting any surprise announcements. Just updates on Q12 games and maaaaaaybe a trailer or two for 2nd half games.

Jmaster

Bolt_Strike

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Honestly Metroid seems more likely to be an E3 reveal.

Yeah, I don't think there's going to be any big announcements until E3. So no Metroid, no Animal Crossing, no F-Zero, etc. Maybe Pokemon at best, but Pokemon isn't usually announced this early and almost never through a Nintendo Direct (the only one that was IIRC was XY and that was only because it was a new generation).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

WebHead

Jmaster wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

1. What does have to do with the direct?

2. If its bothering you that much here is an idea: don't buy it.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Bolt_Strike

Say, isn't there supposedly an HD remake in development? What do you think the chances of it being showing off now are?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

cookiex

So if that leaked banner is legit, the New 3DS will have a release date announced tomorrow.

And Soraya Saga's retweet confirms Xenoblade.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Justlink

Majora's Mask 3d released the same day as N3ds?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Nintendo_Ninja

Isn't Starfox supposed to come out this year? Possibly before Zelda? That makes me think we could see some Starfox.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.