Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,779

iKhan

shingi_70 wrote:

I just hope Nintendo actually gives a reason for wanting to upgrade to the new model. Xenoblade and extra power for Smash Brothers. Everything about this device makes it seems like Nintendo is trying to pull an apple when they have don't have the cache or recognition to do so.

I hate when people immediately associate this with Apple when it's the business model of the entire smartphone industry.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

The New 3DS loads up Eshop faster and can play Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter well. That alone is nice.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jmaster

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I just hope Nintendo actually gives a reason for wanting to upgrade to the new model. Xenoblade and extra power for Smash Brothers. Everything about this device makes it seems like Nintendo is trying to pull an apple when they have don't have the cache or recognition to do so.

I hate when people immediately associate this with Apple when it's the business model of the entire smartphone industry.

Well, they DID sort of start the yearly-release culture, I believe.

OT: I 100% agree with @shingi_70. The added features are cool, but definetly not worth the 170-200 bucks. Now that wouldn't be an issue, were it not for the existence of New 3DS-exclusive games. To be fair, we don't know how many games will need the wee bit of extra horsepower that's there, but if it becomes most of their main line-up, which certainly isn't impossible, people will be forced to upgrade. And guess what? In three years, a proper successor to the 3DS comes out and you'll have to shell out 200 AGAIN!
tl;dr It's definetly an Apple.

Jmaster

shingi_70

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The problem is that Nintendo and the game industry in general doesn't have the cache to do this at all. Its mostly associated with apple due to them having the shortest breaks in between announcement and release. Most other OEMS announce products and typical have the wait of a month or two. Plus Apple sort of popularized the method so their credited with it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

Jmaster wrote:

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

OT: I 100% agree with @shingi_70. The added features are cool, but definetly not worth the 170-200 bucks. Now that wouldn't be an issue, were it not for the existence of New 3DS-exclusive games. To be fair, we don't know how many games will need the wee bit of extra horsepower that's there, but if it becomes most of their main line-up, which certainly isn't impossible, people will be forced to upgrade. And guess what? In three years, a proper successor to the 3DS comes out and you'll have to shell out 200 AGAIN!

That could be considerably less if you trade in your system. 100$ for XL and 70$ for the other. That takes a big sting away from the price. Plus I look at it this way, between my original and XL I've logged on almost 5000 hours. The battery is starting to show it's signs of weakness and my circle pad isn't going to last forever. Plus I have those unsightly scratches on the top screen. Just from the wear and tear alone is worth the upgrade to me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

shingi_70 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The problem is that Nintendo and the game industry in general doesn't have the cache to do this at all. Its mostly associated with apple due to them having the shortest breaks in between announcement and release. Most other OEMS announce products and typical have the wait of a month or two. Plus Apple sort of popularized the method so their credited with it.

Wasn't Nintendo doing this long before Apple had the iPhone? Do I really need to go all the way back to the original gameboy and start from there. Nintendo has actually done this far longer then any other company. If I had all the handhelds they have made throughout the years it would number near 20 or so.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shingi_70

I plan to trade in my 3DS for the New Model (sigh I hate Nintendo's dumb naming conventions), I'm just saying for the non Nintendo core user what does the New 3DS offer that makes little jimmy want too pick one up.

I'm betting Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS comes out with its launch as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

WebHead

Kinda hope GameStop foes with the old 3DS XL where for a limited time you had a choice of getting one out of two 3DS games for free.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Araquanid

I'm hoping we see something for the metroid series in this direct. Would like to see them make a come back after the tragedy of other M...

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Smash_kirby

Wild idea next level games developed ice climbers game. It is something I would love to see a new entry due to the 30th anniversary of the game's original release.

Smash_kirby

erv

I'm calling a new metroid for wii u as a surprise. Announced only, of course.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

LzWinky

Jmaster wrote:

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo's been doing this since the original Game Boy. It's not an "Apple".

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

WaLzgi wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

iKhan wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintendo's been doing this since the original Game Boy. It's not an "Apple".

Its an Apple. I don't about this "Game Boy" but after the iPhone there was a little thing called the 3G than the 3GS. Might wanna look up your history. /s

WAT!

LzWinky

Okay!

Game Boy -> Game Boy Pocket/Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance -> GBA SP, Micro
DS -> Lite, Dsi, DSi XL
3DS -> XL

Did I do the whole history of this "Apple" you speak of?

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Joeynator3000

...Yeah don't buy the system if it bothers you that much, Nintendo does this all the time. Like people have stated, they have been doing this since Color.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SkywardLink98

erv wrote:

I'd like to see a 3D Metroid on Wii U and a 2D one on 3DS like they did with Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion. That was genius in my opinion; one shaking up the formula immensely, and the other only making a few steps forward and remaining true-er to the roots of the series.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

LzWinky

I don't want to see a Metroid...just to be that guy!

Jmaster

WaLzgi wrote:

Okay!

DS -> Lite, Dsi, DSi XL
3DS -> XL

No.
GBP, GBA SP, DS lite, DSi XL don't count: no exclusive games, not a successor, not an Apple.
Gameboy color came out EIGHT YEARS after the original. Not an Apple.
GBA came out only 3 years after GBC, yes, but was an even more significant leap forward. Not an Apple.
DSi IS an Apple, but by then the iPhone's first baby-step successor was already out, so the term should still go to them.
And even if they weren't the first to (which is most likely the case), they're still the best known for it.
And even if Nintendo's been doing it ever since the gameboy (which is not the case), it's still a dick move.

Edited on by Jmaster

Jmaster

sub12

SkywardLink98 wrote:

erv wrote:

I'd like to see a 3D Metroid on Wii U and a 2D one on 3DS like they did with Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion. That was genius in my opinion; one shaking up the formula immensely, and the other only making a few steps forward and remaining true-er to the roots of the series.

2D Metroid for the big fall 2015 release on the 3DS, to be followed up by a AAA Metroid for the Wii U, coming fall 2016 and to be teased at E3 2015.

I'm going to call it.

sub12

faint

Jmaster wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Okay!

DS -> Lite, Dsi, DSi XL
3DS -> XL

No.
GBP, GBA SP, DS lite, DSi XL don't count: no exclusive games, not a successor, not an Apple.
Gameboy color came out EIGHT YEARS after the original. Not an Apple.
GBA came out only 3 years after GBC, yes, but was an even more significant leap forward. Not an Apple.
DSi IS an Apple, but by then the iPhone's first baby-step successor was already out, so the term should still go to them.
And even if they weren't the first to (which is most likely the case), they're still the best known for it.
And even if Nintendo's been doing it ever since the gameboy (which is not the case), it's still a dick move.

the dsi did have exclusive games.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.