Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,779

Nintendo_Ninja

justlink wrote:

Majora's Mask 3d released the same day as N3ds?

Isn't that for spring and the N3DS for January?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

LzWinky

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

This is getting confusing. Why is Apple getting bandied around like a pejorative term? Technology should be expected to improve. Smartphones and TVs come out every year. You don't have to buy the latest one but don't complain when your older model doesn't have all the bells and whistles. Game systems are the only tech that tends to not release a hardware revision or successor every year yet when they come out a few years down the road folks get up in Also the n3ds is a revision not a successor. ONE exclusive game does not a successor make.

Heck, Nintendo pulling an "Apple" should imply that they are successful

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Isn't Starfox supposed to come out this year? Possibly before Zelda? That makes me think we could see some Starfox.

Star Fox is E3 material (which has already been confirmed).

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

LzWinky

Just give me Majora's Mask and New 3DS. Everything else is icing (except for Metroid, which is that random piece of burnt cake)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jmaster

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

. ONE exclusive game does not a successor make.

It does, plus Xenoblade definitely won't be the only exclusive.

Back to the Direct, as of now it seems that it will focus almost completely on the N3DS. I hope we get some Wii U stuff too, but Splatoon is really the only thing I can think of right now.

Jmaster

Spoony_Tech

Yeah a lot of people are saying I don't see how this will be a 3ds mostly direct but let's think about it. New system, Zelda, Monster Hunter, and Codename Steam could rule the whole thing and I would be most happy if it did.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Jmaster wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Back to the Direct, as of now it seems that it will focus almost completely on the N3DS. I hope we get some Wii U stuff too, but Splatoon is really the only thing I can think of right now.

We will. Kirby, Yoshi, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and DLC stuff is pretty likely at this point. Might see a surprise for the eShop (SNES Remix?). Don't think we'll get an actual new retail game for Wii U announced, though a Fatal Frame V localization would be nice. 3DS is the one that needs some 1st party game announcements.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

cookiex

Jmaster wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

The DSi is a successor too then.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jmaster

cookiex wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Indeed.

Jmaster

Grumblevolcano

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Yeah a lot of people are saying I don't see how this will be a 3ds mostly direct but let's think about it. New system, Zelda, Monster Hunter, and Codename Steam could rule the whole thing and I would be most happy if it did.

I don't think Codename Steam will take up much time at all. To properly understand the gameplay with strategy games, only demos work well (maybe one appearing after the direct if February/March release?). Spending more than around 5 minutes would be a waste. The length of the MM3D part would be dependent on how much they've changed and what bonuses the New 3DS get. I think an unannounced 3DS game needs to happen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

I think it'll be about 50/50 on Wii U and 3DS, both of them have several games coming out. Hype wise though, I think the Wii U games are going to be more dominant though because the 3DS' lineup is mainly third party and there's not a lot of exciting first party games coming out, whereas the Wii U has a lot of significant first party releases coming out.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Spoony_Tech

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I don't think Codename Steam will take up much time at all. To properly understand the gameplay with strategy games, only demos work well (maybe one appearing after the direct if February/March release?). Spending more than around 5 minutes would be a waste. The length of the MM3D part would be dependent on how much they've changed and what bonuses the New 3DS get. I think an unannounced 3DS game needs to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised by that but let's not forget Xenoblade will probably be brought up again if only because of its exclusivity.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Justlink

Jmaster wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Indeed.

Xenoblade is not an "exclusive" as it is available on the Wii.

Edited on by Justlink

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

WebHead

Thank god tax returns are coming.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Jmaster

justlink wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Indeed.

Xenoblade is not an "exclusive" as it is available on the Wii.

You coukd argue that, yes, but will it be playable on the original 3DS? No. So as far as handhelds are concerned, it's still a title exclusive to the New 3DS.

Jmaster

Justlink

And i can say if i don't want a new 3ds, i'll play it on the Wii

IceClimbers

I think we'll see the inevitable Smash 3DS amiibo update and the release date of the amiibo portal for the older 3DS models.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Jmaster

justlink wrote:

Still, handhelds and consoles are two separate businesses, and AGAIN (see? this always happens!) it won't be the only exclusive.

Jmaster

Justlink

Jmaster wrote:

justlink wrote:

Still, handhelds and consoles are two separate businesses, and AGAIN (see? this always happens!) it won't be the only exclusive.

But Nintendo even said it would have few exclusives. They are going to produce 3ds games, not force an update.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.