Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,779

WiiWareWave

@Blast: The 3DS announcements were great, but the Wii U side of things was a disaster with Twilight Princess HD being the only new Wii U announcement in the entire direct in North America. What's worse is the game looks like a straight port of the GC/Wii game. Then we have all of the lovely cash-grab's via Amiibo a.k.a. on-disc dlc. I didn't mind how Mario Kart, Smash 4, and Hyrule Warriors utilized Amiibo, but now we're seeing entire modes and very important aspects of games being locked behind an Amiibo paywall which is just atrocious.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@Blast: One thing is for sure, this Direct was RPG heavy! What's interesting though is that SMTxFE wasn't mentioned. Game Awards maybe?

Still, so many RPGs through next year. Xenoblade X, Paper Jam, FF Explorers, FE Fates, Pokemon RBY on the VC, SMTxFE, Bravely Second, Project X Zone 2, and both Dragon Quest VII and VIII! Oh and Cloud in Smash!

Perhaps this is hinting at the type of 3rd party support we'll be getting on NX? RPGs galore!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

At_Lazuli

Blast wrote:

Lmao. Cloud in Smash pretty slaps the old notion that Final Fantasy and Sony were tied as one. FF7 Remake for NX is coming. No way Cloud got in without that happening as well.

This

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

Eel

Even though I don't like megaman, the new amiibo seems like the laziest idea ever.

It's a game unrelated to smash, they could've made a retro megaman amiibo, or something worthwhile. Instead they repainted smash megaman in one of the most boring colors ever.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

@Blast: One thing is for sure, this Direct was RPG heavy! What's interesting though is that SMTxFE wasn't mentioned. Game Awards maybe?

Still, so many RPGs through next year. Xenoblade X, Paper Jam, FF Explorers, FE Fates, Pokemon RBY on the VC, SMTxFE, Bravely Second, Project X Zone 2, and both Dragon Quest VII and VIII! Oh and Cloud in Smash!

Perhaps this is hinting at the type of 3rd party support we'll be getting on NX? RPGs galore!

@IceClimbers You're quickly becoming one of my favorite users on this site. Keep it up. You're awesome and your taste in games is awesome.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Sleepingmudkip

IceClimbers wrote:

What's interesting though is that SMTxFE wasn't mentioned. Game Awards maybe?

I just assumed that everything about SMTxFE that needed to be said has been said already. I wouldn't expect to hear any more of this game until 1 or 2 months before the game is out.

I absolutely love how RPG filled this direct was. I love to see that the relationship between nintendo and Square might be mending also.

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

TheMonadoSenpai wrote:

Blast wrote:

Lmao. Cloud in Smash pretty slaps the old notion that Final Fantasy and Sony were tied as one. FF7 Remake for NX is coming. No way Cloud got in without that happening as well.

This

@TheMonadoSenpai Have you seen the diehard Playstation fanboys react to Cloud being in Smash? They are incredibly angry!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Neko_Ichigofan wrote:

@Blast: The 3DS announcements were great, but the Wii U side of things was a disaster with Twilight Princess HD being the only new Wii U announcement in the entire direct in North America. What's worse is the game looks like a straight port of the GC/Wii game. Then we have all of the lovely cash-grab's via Amiibo a.k.a. on-disc dlc. I didn't mind how Mario Kart, Smash 4, and Hyrule Warriors utilized Amiibo, but now we're seeing entire modes and very important aspects of games being locked behind an Amiibo paywall which is just atrocious.

@Neko_Ichigofan That's my only real complaint about the Direct. The Wii U should've got one more game announcement and the Direct would've been perfect. And TP has some of the best combat in a Zelda game... I'll gladly experience it again in HD. Lol

Master of the Hype Train

cookiex

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I just assumed that everything about SMTxFE that needed to be said has been said already.

How about an English title or when it comes out in NA/Europe?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

Whitewatermoose wrote:

TheMonadoSenpai wrote:

Blast wrote:

This

I agree also. It was a nod to FF VII.

Square Enix and Nintendo's relationship is improving... that's incredibly great for gamers! It was looking like Square Enix was putting their biggest games only on PS4 but ohhhh... how times change...

Master of the Hype Train

LzWinky

OlicityBlows wrote:

Fire Emblem: The Sellout Continues is greedy

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hendesu

[quote=OlicityBlows]

GamecubeMan wrote:

Fire Emblem: The Sellout series of garbage.

Untitled

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

-Green-

LztheQuack wrote:

OlicityBlows wrote:

Fire Emblem: The Sellout Continues is greedy

Untitled

He's so cuuuute. <3

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

At_Lazuli

@Blast: really... the only reaction i saw was etika's and it was hilarious

The NX is going to be delayed to Holiday 2017 you heard it here first, also It should be pretty obvious what my favorite game of all time is cough Skyward Sword cough

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4150-0138 | Nintendo Network ID: CosmicLuigi83 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Aromaiden wrote:

He's so cuuuute. <3

SELLOUT! The girl version of Kanna looks weird.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nicolai

I too was disappointed by Twilight Princess HD's upgrade. I think of the kind of remodelling the 3DS games got, and the change-up that WWHD got, and I'm surprised that the only change for TP is a higher resolution. A bunched of blocky models look really outdated. But that's not even my biggest disappointment.

Reggie_Fils-aime wrote:

But it's more than a prettier version of the same. To make this game even more enjoyable, we've decided..."

Me: Oh boy, new features? New areas, new mechanics? What could they add?

Reggie_Fils-aime wrote:

"...to create a new amiibo figure."

Me: -.- Well that was misleading.
Nah, there's absolutely no reason for me to get it.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

CrazyOtto

I bolded all of my correct predictions.

CrazyOtto wrote:

This is my final prediction list for tommorow's Nintendo Direct.

My Nintendo Direct Predictions:

WII U GAMES FEATURED

• Star Fox Zero (Worldwide)
  • Pokken Tournament (Worldwide)
  • Lost Reavers (Worldwide)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Worldwide)
  • Project Giant Robot (Worldwide)
  • Project Guard (Worldwide)
  • Genei Ibun Roku #FE details (Worldwide)
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Worldwide)
  • Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (Worldwide)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (Outside of Japan)
  • Devil's Third (North America)
  • NES Remix Pack (Europe)
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked (Europe)
  • Ducktales Remastered (Japan)
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Worldwide, previously unannounced)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising HD (Worldwide, previously unannounced)
  • Indie games (Worldwide)

3DS GAMES FEATURED

• Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (Worldwide)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Worldwide)
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (Worldwide)
  • Metroid Prime: Federation Force (Worldwide)
  • Project X Zone 2 (Worldwide)
  • Adventure of Valkyrie: Legend of the Key of Time with Xiamou (Worldwide)
  • Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (Worldwide)
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final (Worldwide)
  • Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward (Outside of Japan with a "Style Savvy" title for North America)
  • Picross 3D 2 (Outside of Japan)
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (Outside of Japan)
  • Bravely Second: End Layer (Outside of Japan)
  • Disney Magical World 2 (Outside of Japan)
  • Final Fantasy Explorers (Outside of Japan)
  • Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (Outside of Japan)
  • Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven 3DS (Outside of Japan with a new title)
  • Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused? (Europe)
  • Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Europe)
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked (Europe)
  • Yo-Kai Watch (Europe)
  • Monster Hunter X (Japan)
  • Tetris Ultimate (Japan)
  • Clubhouse Games Expanded (Worldwide, previously unannounced)
  • 3D Power Drift, 3D Puyo Puyo 2, and 3D Master System Gallery (Worldwide, previously unannounced separate releases of games on a Japan-only compilation)
  • Indie games (Worldwide)

OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS

• A calendar that shows all of the major releases up to the end of March 2016 is revealed
  • More Wii games come to the Wii U eShop in all regions
  • Rodea the Sky Soldier details with a Wii U eShop release of the Wii version
  • Mario Party 10 update adds support for more Amiibos
  • Super Mario Amiibos of Rosalina, Wario, Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, Spike, and Bowser Jr. are revealed
  • Smash Amiibos of Lucas, Roy, and Ryu revealed
  • Super Mario Maker update adds more Amiibo costumes
  • Standard New Nintendo 3DS gets a standalone release date for North America
  • Nintendo Anime Channel comes to North America
  • 3DS and Wii U both get updates that add the ability to take screenshots of any game while suspended in the home menu
  • Wii U gets a multimedia app for photos, sound, and video
  • Flipnote Studio 3D is announced to come to the 3DS eShop for all 3DS users worldwide
  • More Wii U and 3DS bundles are announced
  • Nintendo Selects for both Wii U and 3DS games in North America
  • Turbografx-16 games come to the Wii U VC outside of Japan
  • More details on "My Nintendo" and "Miitomo"

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

DefHalan

I was pretty satisfied with this Direct. It was a good starting place since Iwata passed away. My biggest complaint was they still haven't sold me on Mario Tennis. Maybe if they announced new amiibo in the Super Mario series to be compatible with Mario Tennis, then I might have been more interested. I was also expecting announcements of online events (similar to Splatfest) for Mario Tennis, but nothing. Cloud I don't really care about... maybe I should play Final Fantasy 7 before the next direct and find out why people love him so much... (Cloud looks like Ike, and I like Ike. I will still buy him and check him out lol)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Offspring

kkslider5552000 wrote:

OlicityBlows wrote:

Fire Emblem: The Sellout Continues.

rolls eyes forever

The series has clearly sold out. Even though I actually like Awakening, it has sent the franchise down the wrong path due to its mainstream success, i.e. selling out. After Nirvana had surprising mainstream success with Nevermind, they released In Utero, an album so raw and repulsive (but ultimately better) that they were accused of intentionally recording a radio unfriendly album to shed those new "fans". Obviously Intelligent Systems would have to be crazier than Kurt Cobain to do the equivalent of that, especially considering how poorly Radiant Dawn performed, but they didn't have to make a game that was even more mainstream friendly (the PC way of saying selling out).

@GamecubeMan: I haven't followed the game closely because I was in blackout mode to avoid spoilers and then avoid mode due to the stupid weapon triangle, unlimited weapon uses, phoenix mode, and the marriage and pair-up systems returning (I was glad they added gay marriages though) but it's spilt into three to sell more copies. It could've easily been one game where you choose a side in the game, not at the store.

If anyone wants to be annoyed by me more, tag me on Wednesday because I've got to get back to focusing on my college work.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.