Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,779

Nicolai

There were plenty of small things for me to get excited about.

• New Splatoon stages
  • Linkle
  • StarFox Zero looks better now
  • TriForce Heroes free DLC
  • Zelda U for 2016
    It wasn't the greatest Direct ever, but I liked it!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blast

Lmao. Cloud in Smash pretty slaps the old notion that Final Fantasy and Sony were tied as one. FF7 Remake for NX is coming. No way Cloud got in without that happening as well.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Whydoievenbother

Pretty decent direct. Not what I was hoping for, but decent nontheless.
Highlights:
Twilight Princess HD
Linkelle in Hyrule Warriors Legends
Cloud in Smash 4
Gen 1 Pokemon on 3DS VC
Low Points:
SO MUCH AMIIBO!!!
The Load-Times download for Xenoblade Chronicles X
SO MUCH BUNDLES!!!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

FattyWhale_42

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

@Operative: I think nintendo is letting the amiibo success get to their head.

Agreed. The way they've mishandled amiibo (and other "extra content" for games) is starting to border on gross incompetence. I have zero interest in cheap (except in cost) plastic "toys" so all I see are games with content I can't access; and it's so easy to fix, but once again the obvious escapes them. They're setting themselves up for future issues so they can chase short-term profits; and that to me is unacceptable. Nothing drives me crazier more than bad business practices.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Hendesu

Kinda disappointed that they didn't announced Super Mario Sunshine 2. Oh well, a man can dream......

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Joeynator3000

E3 was better than this for me, honestly...so...yeah.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

Megumi wrote:

E3 was terrible, this was ok.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Offspring

Decent direct, much better than the the Digital Event at least. Yeah, Car Fox didn't look any better and has no online, TPHD is just an up-resed port, and Fire Emblem: The Sellout Continues is greedy, it was solid as a whole and had some good surprises.

Edited on by Offspring

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Joeynator3000

Ok you keep saying that then.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

cookiex

So the next events to look forward to will be the Game Awards and then the Smash direct next month.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

iKhan

skywake wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

Why do a lot of people hate the direct?

I'm as confused about it as you are. Although the contrast between this thread and what I'm seeing on my twitter and facebook feeds is hilarious. A few of my friends are losing their poopitypoopoop over Twilight Princess HD, Pokemon on the VC and Cloud in Smash.

Did you see the footage of TP HD? It's the laziest "remaster" I've seen since ToS Chronicles.

Pokemon RBY on VC is about 3-4 years late. For me personally, I still have my GBC and Pokemon Yellow, so I don't really have too much of an interest. Come back to me when it's G/S/C on the VC.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

OlicityBlows wrote:

Yeah, Car Fox didn't look any better and has no online

No, it has no multiplayer. No online implies that the game has a multiplayer mode, but it's not playable online (See: Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Party, etc.)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

skywake

iKhan wrote:

Did you see the footage of TP HD? It's the laziest "remaster" I've seen since ToS Chronicles.

Well obviously I did. And other than the heavy compression of the footage given that everything is ripped from the live stream? It looks pretty damn good IMO. I think people set themselves up for disappointment by expecting massive changes in art-style etc, etc.

iKhan wrote:

Pokemon RBY on VC is about 3-4 years late. For me personally, I still have my GBC and Pokemon Yellow, so I don't really have too much of an interest. Come back to me when it's G/S/C on the VC.

I would have agreed with you before it was announced and the idea was more theoretical. Now that it's real? I'm pretty excited about the idea of it. I still have my GBC and original GB, I still have my copies of Yellow, Gold and Crystal. Hell, I suspect my sister still has her copy of Silver and the copy of Red I gave to her when I got Yellow. But I'm still hyped about it and will be buying one of them. Probably Blue given that it was the version I never owned.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bolt_Strike

RBY VC saved this Direct frankly.

I'm a little surprised Federation Force wasn't mentioned at all. Hopefully that means it's either cancelled or being massively reworked.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

Lmao at the people who hasn't even realized how big are the Dragon Quest games coming in 2016 is. Keep calling the Direct a disaster. Your taste in games is the real disaster.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TuVictus

Jazzer94 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

E3 was terrible, this was ok.

So true

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.