Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,959

kkslider5552000

since I have no where else to rant about this on the internet (that I ever go to at least):

Christian's heel turn makes no sense. I mean they do generic "can't get audience to boo you unless you insult them" promo #3 despite the fact that the audience TRIED TO HELP GET HIM BACK INTO THE TITLE PICTURE LAST WEEK. If he turns heel against Orton and Teddy Long, that's fine but at least don't forget WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK. And no the (blatantly canned) boos at the end of the previous Smackdown don't justify this, at least not yet. R-Truth it makes sense in a similar paranoid/desperate attempt to win gold by doing something different way, but it doesn't contradict extremely basic continuity and logic. When Miz does it, it makes sense since he's rubbing it in the face of people who thought he would never amount to anything. When generic forgettable midcard heel does it, he's just being a jerk, ok. This is even ignoring the unoriginality (keeping them both as face would have been infinitely more interesting, especially since they are two of the least forced faces in the WWE) and the fact that there's like 3 other faces that mean anything (and I'm counting big Zeke) vs. like 7+ heels.

But to be fair, I'm expecting logic to be consistently used in wrestling.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

the_shpydar

Saw a bunch of Cena t-shirt wearers in my neighborhood making their way to the Coliseum as i was driving home from work. I gave them "you can't see me" hand gestures.

Zack Ryder BETTER get decent screen-time tonight. WWWYKI!

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

y2josh

Hopefully Ryder will interrupt Stone Cold and The Miz woo WOO woo

y2josh

Splat

Zack Ryder does nothing for me I don't understand all the love.

Another 3 hour Raw next week for all the little Jimmy's...

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

the_shpydar

No Zack Ryder on Raw ... in his hometown ... are you KIDDING ME BRO?! Sure, plenty of time for a stupid 14-diva tag match and kickline moment (note to WWE: Long Island is NOT NYC, and we DON'T really like it when people act like we are), time for a Santino-hits-the-Cobra-but-loses match, but no Ryder. He did work a match for the Superstars taping, but come on. They couldn't even fit him into that 6-man tag with Danielson and them? Sigh.

Meanwhile, it was awesome how the crowd popped huge when Punk pinned Cena.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

kkslider5552000

it's actually weird as I liked almost everything from this show except the feud that should be the best thing in the WWE right now (and likely will continue to be at least from a match standpoint). Like, Christian comes out, he's a jerk to Orton and that works. Then he decides to be the most blatant, over the top heel that isn't R-Truth or Michael Cole and I change the channel for a bit.

Stone Cold was great. Between Tough Enough and the great opening promo, it's really good to see Austin doing something other than ARRIVE STUNNER BEER LEAVE. There's rumors that he might be able to have a match or two again, and Austin vs. Miz would be great (and hey look, possibly more long term storylines in my wrestling) and Austin vs. Punk is dream match worthy. Alex Riley is basically what people thought Dibiase would be like a couple of years ago, generic but talented generic and he's doing a great job so far. And they've really made R-Truth look like a threat (well as much as cowardly heel can look threatening at least).

Tasuki

So did I hear right and we will get to see this secret GM next week???

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

I don't think so but I was playing on my computer while watching Raw so could have missed it?

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

the_shpydar

Splat wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I don't think so but I was playing on my computer while watching Raw so could have missed it?

No, that part that Cole read ("i will be returning next week") was just worded badly. It was meant more as "ok Stone Cold, you had your fun as GM this week, but next week it's back to Mr. Computer running the show". Hence Austin's counter of the "power to the people" bullcrap.

Also if y'all haven't heard/read, after Raw, Ziggler posted a tweet semi-bashing WWE for not having Ryder appear on Raw, and Jericho followed up with a similar tweet of his own. Broskis.

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

@The_Shpydar: Ah ok thats what I thought at first but than when Austin broke the computer I took it as he will have to make an appearance now since the computer was destroyed. And whats up with all the Ryder love? If you dont mind me asking?

@Splat: Lol yep I was on the computer as well so thats why I wasnt sure what I heard lol.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

the_shpydar

It's hard to explain the Ryder love, it just is. XD

For me personally, part of it is just him playing the "Long Islander turned up to 11" character (though i certianly know and see people 'roiund here who are EXACTLY like his character for real), but also i've always been a fan of the underappreciated/midcard guys who clearly could be doing so much more if they were booked well, and Ryder is right there. WWE is missing the boat with him right now, as he has managed — with virtually no TV time and no promotion — to develop a big following via Twitter and YouTube, and his t-shirts are consistently selling out at shows. The boys in the back recognize it too — it's not that he should necessarily be main eventing or anything, be he could be very easily made into a solid upper-midcarder.

The Shpydarloggery

y2josh

I never did like Zack Ryder until I saw him live and watched his youtube show. So much potential that is being wasted for no reason. It's a shame.

y2josh

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

I never did like Zack Ryder until I saw him live and watched his youtube show. So much potential that is being wasted for no reason. It's a shame.

WWE has a bad habit of that just look at like formal WWE Superstars Mr. Kennedy, Elijah Burke and current Superstars Drew McIntyre. Thats one of the things that bugs me with WWE they have their personal favorites John Cena, Randy Orton, for example that they just use over and over and over to the point that it gets stale and boring. I can only watch John Cena FUing people week after week after week for so long. They need to rotate their stars more often. Of course I dont think WWE will ever get that just look at like in the 80s with Hogan and the 90's with Rock and Stone Cold.

My Backlog

y2josh

@Tasuki: At least there was a midcard in the 80s and 90s. Now you're either at the top or the bottom it seems. The 90s midcarders actually had story lines too, now the writers/Vince are just lazy. I look forward to HHH/Stephanie running the company.

y2josh

kkslider5552000

I blame the problem largely on testing if people can be good world champions...by giving them the world championship instead of anything remotely logical like just putting them in the main event once or twice before giving them a world title(they've done a good job with R-Truth, Morrison and Barrett at least in that regard). So over half the show ends up focusing on former world champions.

Especially when they have to find something for every former world champion on seemingly every PPV (lol Punk vs. Rey, cool basic storyline but lol politics).

Smackdown's better, but that's just typical.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

@Tasuki: At least there was a midcard in the 80s and 90s. Now you're either at the top or the bottom it seems. The 90s midcarders actually had story lines too, now the writers/Vince are just lazy. I look forward to HHH/Stephanie running the company.

You have a point there plus in the 90's there was also pressure from WCW to keep things fresh and new. I mean there is TNA but to be quite honest TNA just doesnt have what WCW did to be a major contender for WWE but thats just my opinion.

Also it might be that WWE is in the stage right now of a changing of the guard so to speak. Most of their attention might be in switching over the company from Vince to Triple H and Stephanie. I mean these past few months I have seen Vince nor Triple H alot not as what use to be.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Yeah, i mean i love TNA despite its many flaws (damn, was the company SO much better just a few years ago), but even i know it's not "real" competition for Vince, and without competition Vince is only going to put out what he wants and take less of a "chance" on mixing up the formula if they don't have to.

@daze0f_theweak
Yeah, that's the one, it was the aqua color that immediately caught my eye when i was watching. Just imagine, that dude has photos of ... Sheamus in 3D! Hyper-pale-ness in YOUR FACE!

BTW, Sheamus is awesome and a definite personal fave right now. They've actually done a good job (for the most part) building him up ... you know what they say, it's good to have friends in high places! I also like Wade Barrett quite a bit, but damn has his stock fallen over the past months. I mean, he's still pushed decently and all in the upper-midcard, but it wasn't long ago where he (and Nexus) were the hottest thing going in the biz. They really should have had him trounce Cena and have a short run with the title at the time, but it's going to be a while now before they can work him back to true ME status.

The Shpydarloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic