Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,969

the_shpydar

Yeah, that was sweet. It was the only part of Smackdown i really bothered to pay attention to. Christian rules — even though i expect Orton will retain when they eventually meet up, hopefully they have a decent length feud across a few PPVs ending up with Christian getting the strap back.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

I'm going to say they end up having a triple threat at the next PPV Christian,Orton and Sheamus.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Tasuki

OH man sounds like I missed a good Smackdown last night, and on top of that I forgot to set the DVR .

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
If you get the Universal HD channel in your cable package, they re-run Smackdown (and also Raw and Tough Enough) twice on Saturday nights (9pm and 1am here on the East Coast).

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

Actually outside of that you didn't miss much that said I feel the Christian and Orton feud is the best thing going on either Raw or SD.

Tasuki

@Shpydar: Hmmm not sure if I get that channel I will have to check later. Thats good to know usually I remember to set the DVR to record them but I had a crazy day yesturday and forgot about it.

@Splat: I agree I am kinda wondering if originally it was planned to be an Edge/Christian feud and Edge was replaced with Orton for obvious reasons.

My Backlog

Splat

Kinda surprised Andy won Tough Enough I know Luke rubs people the wrong way but I thought that would work to his advantage. That said I still feel Luke will be giving a chance and you might even see an Andy and Luke feud down the road.

the_shpydar

I'm glad Andy won, i defintely feel like it was the right choice. I'm sure Luke will get a spot in FCW eventually, but for now he'd be immediately lost in the shuffle — there's already plenty of cocky-pretty-boy-heel types right now with Miz, Alex Riley (even though he's going face), Cody Rhodes, DiBiase, etc etc.

RAW was pretty good tonight, glad that we're back to a standard Cole-Lawler announce team, and Stone Cold was of course great . And not only was Zack Ryder on TV in a match, but they pimped his YouTube show ( http://www.youtube.com/user/LongIslandIcedZ ) on commentary! Woo woo woo YOU KNOW IT! Next week is another 3-hour extravaganza, right down the road from my place here on Long Island, so Zack Ryder better get mad screen time.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

Yep I am glad Andy won as well. Andy came out of his shell there on Raw. He really got into it with the crowd while Luke just stood there with that cocky "yeah I am going to win" look on his face. I loved the look on his face when Andy won. Looking foward to see Andy grow in the WWE.

My Backlog

Splat

I'm just not seeing it with Andy. I think he will be fine with his in ring work but it takes more then that to make it in the WWE I'm not sure he will ever be able to "sell" his gimmick/character or be able to cut promos which is a HUGE part of it.

You need to be loved or hated it's when the crowd doesn't care enough to give you an reaction be it positive or negative that is kills you. (I feel the crowd was reacting more to Stone Cold and Andy was just there.)

I still feel Luke was the better all around package but only time will tell.

y2josh

@the_shpydar: I'm a Broski who likes to wear his pants to tight, yeah!

y2josh

Tasuki

@Splat: I agree Andy is nothing much now but I am sure they will work on that stuff with him. I mean come on when Stone Cold first started he was a nobody untill he came to WWE and broke out of his shell. Thats all Andy has to do. The thing though I have to give Andy is even if the crowd was reacting to Stone Cold he at least got into it Luke didnt do anything he just stood there with that smirk. I dont know Luke is just too cocky and if he goes into the locker room with that attitude the big dogs are going to eat him up.

That is the main reason I dont see Luke sticking around he thinks that his stuff dont stink and I have seen and read it before where a rookie walks around the locker room like that he gets knocked off his high horse and than they end up leaving WWE cause everyone is picking on them.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

@Tasuki
Agreed. I think they (Vince & Co.) see more potential overall in Andy. I think they look at him as someone they can work with well for a number of years, mold him into what they wanted to do with Test and others with that look/style. And also agreed on Luke; no doubt he'd be on the recieving end of heavy ribbing/hazing from guys like Orton and HHH, and if JBL was still there, he'd be on the receiving end of a serious beating inside a week.

@y2josh
WWWYKI Broski 4 Life, yo! XD

The Shpydarloggery

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

@Tasuki
Agreed. I think they (Vince & Co.) see more potential overall in Andy. I think they look at him as someone they can work with well for a number of years, mold him into what they wanted to do with Test and others with that look/style. And also agreed on Luke; no doubt he'd be on the recieving end of heavy ribbing/hazing from guys like Orton and HHH, and if JBL was still there, he'd be on the receiving end of a serious beating inside a week.

Yep not to mention having to go forth The Undertaker like all new WWE Superstars have to do in the Wrestlers court. Also I think another big factor to them choosing Andy is that he has a family and is taking the business seriously not to say that Luke isnt but he doesnt have a family of his own he is still in the "party phase" of life which isnt a bad thing mind you but they dont need someone wasted from partying all the time or Luke to settle down with a family in a few years and decide that the WWE isnt for him after they invested all the time and money into him. Andy is doing it for his family like sooo many of those guys in it already like Triple H and Orton just to name a few.

My Backlog

y2josh

Just read that the winner of tough enough was already under a WWE developmental deal. Odd.

Untitled

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Tasuki

y2josh wrote:

Just read that the winner of tough enough was already under a WWE developmental deal. Odd.

Untitled

He was but then they released him right before Tough Enough at least thats what I read. He was in the FCW for a bit.

My Backlog

Splat

I'm still a Peep.

Splat

3 hour All Star Raw tonight starting an hour early in what ever time zone you are in.

BedCommando

I'll be missing RAW as I have a gig to go to tonight, as well as pick up my midnight copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (OnLive)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic