Forums

Topic: Wrestling Fans Unite!

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,969

Splat

The tag team div is also crap.

I miss the days of The Hardy Boyz,Edge & Christian,Dudley Boyz, ect. They not only were a big part of the show but at times stole the show.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

The tag team div is also crap.

I miss the days of The Hardy Boyz,Edge & Christian,Dudley Boyz, ect. They not only were a big part of the show but at times stole the show.

I agree Splat. I was hoping that when Matt Hardy went over to TNA we might see some Hardy and Dudlyes action again Those 6 during the late 90s early 2000s were alot of the times the main reason I watched the PPVs, Raw and Smackdown.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Well I just read that Andy will be heading to FCW (no surprise there) and that Trevor Murdock is coming back to the WWE.

Going to be interesting seeing Trevor without Lance Cade. Speaking of tag teams I think they were the last good one that I can remember.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Murdoch's coming back? Cool, i liked him a lot (and yeah, he and Cade made a great tag team).

BTW, in case anyone isn't aware, one of the main reasons that the tag team division is basically dead in WWE is Stephanie McMahon's influence. Her feeling (which Vince shares to a degree) is that "tag teams don't draw anymore, no one really cares about them". So they sandbagged the division (bad matches, illogical booking), leading to those TV segments getting lower ratings, leading to further justification — "See? No one cares, that was the lowest rated quarter-hour of the night."

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

@Shpydar: Yeah he tweeted (or whatever its called) that he signed a contract with them. Its sucks that Lance Cade is dead cause I would have love to see him and Murdoch together again, although the problems that Cade had I doubt that WWE would have wanted him back.

And I figured as much with the Tag team a division, since they unified the Tag team Championship the whole tag team thing just went down the toilet. Honestly the last good tag team they had was The Heart Dynasty. As I said before with no strong competition like WCW, Vince (or whoever is in charge) just dont have the drive like they did back in late 90's.

My Backlog

Splat

So Kid Kash was on TNA last night and I don't watch TNA enough to know if he has been there or was a one time deal but was a big fan of his in the original ECW days.

Edit: I'm actually a big fan of tag team wrestling and feel it can be very entertaining when you have some "real' teams instead of just throwing random people together.

Edited on by Splat

y2josh

@Splat: I think they just brought him and a few other people in for the Destination X pay per view.

I like Trevor Murdock. At a house show in 2008 (i think) he was on the ring apron in a tag match and when it got real quiet (i was in the front row) i yelled "You suck Murdock" and he turned around and scream "Your mom sucks!" Good times. Then low and behold he was in a dark match at the Raw I went to a little while back, may have been another try out to see if he was still good to go.

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Splat

Speaking of dark matches I was at a Smackdown taping one time and saw Rhino before he made his WWE TV debut. My brothers and I were freaking out being ECW fans and were yelling and people looked at us like we were crazy they had no idea who he was lol.

the_shpydar

y2josh wrote:

I like Trevor Murdock. At a house show in 2008 (i think) he was on the ring apron in a tag match and when it got real quiet (i was in the front row) i yelled "You suck Murdock" and he turned around and scream "Your mom sucks!" Good times.

LOL! That is awesome, i like him even more now than i did before.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Splat

Really wanted Christian to beat Orton.

kkslider5552000

at least Christian isn't an out of character over the top heel anymore (until Smackdown where they'll do something either great or stupid with it). I can't remember him doing any heel things throughout the match or anything.

Just give him MITB, have Christian apologize to the audience for being so surprisingly boring lately, beat Orton cleanly at Summerslam (or even a rollup victory), Orton gets screwed by Sheamus in rematch the next Smackdown (fitting), Rhodes or Barrett wins Number 1 contendership against Christian, fun matches etc.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

y2josh

@kkslider: that would be nice, but I don't think there's any other place Orton would fit in other than at the top. So, if Christian does win the Championship again, him and Orton will continue on.

y2josh

sykotek

They should retire the IC title after having Ryder win it, that way he can really be the Internet Champion, WWWYKI. It's not like they use that title anyways. I know it just changed hands, doesn't mean anything though.

Actually...they should just retire all the titles except for the two top titles. At any given week, I can't even name who the champs are other than the top two with certainty unless I look it up. They should just kill everything else and get it over with.

Let's try:
WHC: Orton
WWE: Cena
US: Kofi?
IC: uh...Ezekiel?
Tag: ...??
Women's: one of the twins??

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Splat

@sykotek - This is how I would run things if I was running the show and this is going to come off like a rant lol but I have felt this way for awhile so...

I hate the two brands always have I would still have both Raw and SD shows but with one roster.

Five titles anything more is overkill and they start losing meaning.

1.World Heavyweight Championship (I HATE having two world champs it's my biggest beef with having two brands. I would use the SD belt instead of the crappy belt Raw uses.)

2.United States Champion (The Intercontinental Championship is nice and all but there is just something about the US belt it has a little more meaning.)

3.World Tag Team Champions (The Tag Div in WWE is down right awful but with a little work and a deeper roster with one brand it could be fixed.)

4.Cruiserweight Championship (WWE has some talented cruiserweights but outside of Rey they seem to get lost in the mix. I would love to see Sin Cara,Evan Bourne,Chavo Guerrero ect have something to work for instead of just being thrown in random matches.)

5.Womens Championship (I have not been this down on the womens Div in a long time there was a time when I actually cared what they were doing but now I just fast forward their matches. I mean Vince has always thought eyecandy first but atleast Trish,Lita and Chyna had some talent. As soon as Mickie James was let go I gave up. That all being said I still feel like they need to something to work for.)

K, meaningless rant over.

Edited on by Splat

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Just give him MITB, have Christian apologize to the audience for being so surprisingly boring lately, beat Orton cleanly at Summerslam (or even a rollup victory), Orton gets screwed by Sheamus in rematch the next Smackdown (fitting), Rhodes or Barrett wins Number 1 contendership against Christian, fun matches etc.

No one beats Orton cleanly. WWE has made him like this unbeatable god and it is really getting old and that is coming from an Orton fan.

The same can be said about John Cena. Thats why I havent watched WWE as intensely as I use to. To be honest ever since WCW went out of business wrestling has just been blah.

My Backlog

Tasuki

As if they will actually let CM Punk leave WWE with the title. For cryin out loud they wouldnt let Bret Hart leave with it years ago. Is this the best storyline that WWE can come up with this is just sad.

My Backlog

the_shpydar

Dear WWE,
Re: some 3 hour abomination tonight.

F You.
Seriously. F. You.

Love,
the Shpydar.

The Shpydarloggery

Splat

I thought the triple threat between Rey,Punk and Del Rio was a really good match. Outside of that blah...

Splat

I knew there was no way the fans voted Mason Ryan over Sin Cara to face Evan Bourne turns out I was right.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/wwe-gra...a-bourne-match

In light of unfortunate technical problems that definitively generated an inaccurate voting result in Evan Bourne's match during Raws: Power to the People, WWE is making it up to you, the WWE Universe, and Sin Cara, the masked Superstar whom you voted to have compete against Bourne.

This Monday night on Raw, Sin Cara will get the opportunity he deserved, and the match you demanded, as he will face Evan Bourne in the ring in Las Vegas.

The decision to make this match stems from technical issues with the vote tabulating provider’s system, which became flooded with so many votes from the previous poll - choosing an opponent for the Divas Title Match - that the vote tabulation spilled into the next poll, which determined Bourne's opponent. It appeared that you had voted for Mason Ryan, who shared the same option entry (B) as Kelly Kelly from the previous poll, until it was later discovered that Sin Cara had actually received 90 percent of the total votes in WWE.com's Live Chat poll.

sykotek

Wait, you don't really think your votes did anything did you? They still needed to choreograph the match, they're not gonna let fans choose a random person to "compete" --the chances someone could actually get hurt would be astronomical. Voting = scam.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic