Forums

Topic: What's your Beserk Button?

Posts 221 to 240 of 259

BenAV

@Birdman13 Sounds like a problem I had with my laptop one time. It continuously overheated and shutdown, so we took it to the place we bought it and they insisted that there was no problem, but the problem kept occuring so then we managed to get it sent off for repairs for a number of weeks and when we got it back, the first time I used it, it happened again. Since then I've worked out my own solution to the problem (sucking all the dust out of the fan with the vacuum cleaner occasionally), but their so called repairs didn't do a thing.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

When people smack their lips like a cow when they eat food as if they haven't ate in days. Makes me want to punch holes in my wall.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Odnetnin

Birdman13 wrote:

So, today I got back my 3DS from a 2-week adventure to L.A. to fix & prevent the two screens from touching each other. Guess what I noticed on the top screen after opening & closing my 3DS a couple times?

So, to the person who "fixed" my 3DS:

It doesn't really help to have fixed my system if the problem still occurs after you fix it. In the future, please F***ING DO YOUR M*********ING JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! If I send you my 3DS for you to fix, leaving me without it for 2 weeks, you should spend a couple minutes after you've fixed my system to check and make sure the problem won't occur again in the future. My repairs were free, paid out of Nintendo's pocket because my system was not properly manufactured to begin with. What makes you think that 1. It's cost effective to have to fix systems for free because they weren't made right to begin with, and 2. that I somehow enjoy paying $250 for a system plus however much money I've bought in games and software for it (which is in the hundreds and probably somewhere close to, if not more than $500, excluding DS cartridges), only to have to send it in for repairs repeatedly because something is happening that shouldn't that isn't my fault, and the only way I can confirm my package hasn't been lost is by using online package trackers that sometimes don't update my package's whereabouts for DAYS???? I don't ask for a whole lot as a consumer (at least compared to others here on this forum), but I expect more from you, Nintendo. If you want to keep me as a customer, you're gonna have to stop pissing me and others off like this. Well, dinner's up, so, later.

We are like twins or something. I haven't opened my 3DS at all yet to see if the scratches have reappeared, but otherwise our stories are the exact same. I'm sincerely sorry that this happened to you, and am dreading the high probability that it's going to happen to me as well.

Darn Nintendo.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Birdman

Oddy wrote:

We are like twins or something. I haven't opened my 3DS at all yet to see if the scratches have reappeared, but otherwise our stories are the exact same. I'm sincerely sorry that this happened to you, and am dreading the high probability that it's going to happen to me as well.

Darn Nintendo.

Well, I guess I'll look into those Xbox 360 feet or something ...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

Odnetnin

I just lost all my data for all my downloads including my 3DS Software Downloads (Netfix, Donkey Kong, etc.) which were only on my SD Card (how did that happen) and my DSiWare just because I connected to the eShop just now when it was down.

Unless this get fixed, screw you Nintendo.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Game developers that won't support a new console because it's userbase is too small.

Well no duh the userbase is small! IT'S A NEW SYSTEM! You expect it to sell millions of units in a week?! If developers won't release games, people won't buy the console. It's the developer's responsibility to provide games for us to play. More games = more sales.

I think I've made my point.

So you want game developers to go out of business.

Nice to know. I'd rather them stay in business. I've already told you multiple times that Activision, Square Enix, Capcom and Co don't have any responsibility whatsoever to support a new console if it won't be profitable for them.

I don't care about the finances, I care about accuracy. If you can't finish it, don't review it, since it won't be worth reading. On the plus side, at least some places note whether or not they finished it so I know not to bother.

Unless a critic's job is to tell you how a game finishes, then I don't see how it's relevant if the game is completed.

I thought readers tended to get upset by spoilers. :-/

Rather than stick some arbitrary "you can't tell if a game is good unless you've finished it" condition, perhaps it would be better to want a critic to play enough of a game to be able to tell you whether it's the kind of game that will appeal to you? Sometimes that means the game needs to be finished. Other times, it doesn't.

How do they know if the console will be profitable or not if hardly anyone has it yet? The 3DS has stumbled, but Nintendo is doing all it can to fix the problem. What the $80 price cut wasn't enough? Well the 3rd-party games certainly aren't coming, since most of them are giving up on the platform before it even has a chance to hit it's stride. And it's only been 4 months! You expect Nintendo to do all the work themselves?

And why would publishers even bother announcing support for a new console if they are just going to bail at the first signs of trouble? If every single developer had that mindset, then the original Xbox wouldn't have gotten any support, yet it got most of the same games the PS2 had. Look at the PS3, sales were slow during it's first year, yet there were plenty of multiplatform games on it. Developers have realized that it is easier to make multiplatform games, cause that way they have a potentially bigger market that will buy their stuff.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Bankai

How do they know if the console will be profitable or not if hardly anyone has it yet? The 3DS has stumbled, but Nintendo is doing all it can to fix the problem. What the $80 price cut wasn't enough? Well the 3rd-party games certainly aren't coming, since most of them are giving up on the platform before it even has a chance to hit it's stride. And it's only been 4 months! You expect Nintendo to do all the work themselves?

Do you think before you ask these questions? If a console has sold 3.75 million units worldwide, how to you suppose an A-grade title, which might cost as much as $20 million to develop, will turn a profit? Every single person with a 3DS buys multiple copies?

No one has "bailed" on the 3DS. They're waiting to see whether Nintendo can make it a worthwhile platform for them before they continue to work on it.

Edited on by Bankai

zezhyrule

Vespoids, Jaggi, Rhen and the like. Annoying small monsters that make the game harder than the actual giant crazy monster things.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Noire

Berserk button is now officially people who proclaim to hate something so much that ... they can't stop talking about how much they hate it. Seriously, people, if you hate something so much, then WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BRING IT UP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. You would PROBABLY feel a bit better if you didn't talk about it SO $@^$ING MUCH.

RRRRRGH.

I need some ice cream or something ...

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

Do you think before you ask these questions? If a console has sold 3.75 million units worldwide, how to you suppose an A-grade title, which might cost as much as $20 million to develop, will turn a profit? Every single person with a 3DS buys multiple copies?

No one has "bailed" on the 3DS. They're waiting to see whether Nintendo can make it a worthwhile platform for them before they continue to work on it.

Then why do they even bother pledging support if all they are doing is playing the waiting game? You don't see this stuff happening with Sony and Microsoft systems.

[...

Bankai

tendoboy1984 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Then why do they even bother pledging support if all they are doing is playing the waiting game? You don't see this stuff happening with Sony and Microsoft systems.

Because Nintendo sucks with supporting third parties.

LordTendoboy

@WaltzElf

So what is Nintendo supposed to do to convince 3rd-party publishers to support their systems? Pay them money? Nintendo can't do all the work themselves, they already tried it with the N64 and Wii.

I know it's Nintendo's job to get consumers interested in their products, but they let the 3rd-party companies handle the 3DS launch and it didn't go well at all. So either Nintendo shouldn't even bother with 3rd-party companies, or they should just bribe them.

[...

Bankai

So what is Nintendo supposed to do to convince 3rd-party publishers to support their systems? Pay them money? Nintendo can't do all the work themselves, they already tried it with the N64 and Wii.

Nintendo needs to do what Nintendo needs to do to get third parties in on a console.

Because third parties aren't going to make games that lose them money. It's as simple as that. They have shareholders that would rip them to shreads for doing that, and, better yet, they have other consoles they can support and make more money out of.

If you don't believe me, go set up a game publisher business, and then tell your investors that you're going to produce a $40 million game for a console that only has sold 4 million units so far. Just see how far that gets you.

Eel

Oh, the Lord just posted something, i wonder what kind of interesting thing He will OMFG WHAT DID JUST HAPPEN.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

Nintendo needs to do what Nintendo needs to do to get third parties in on a console.

Because third parties aren't going to make games that lose them money. It's as simple as that. They have shareholders that would rip them to shreads for doing that, and, better yet, they have other consoles they can support and make more money out of.

If you don't believe me, go set up a game publisher business, and then tell your investors that you're going to produce a $40 million game for a console that only has sold 4 million units so far. Just see how far that gets you.

You know how many crappy movies come out each year? There are tons of crappy games, movies, TV shows, etc. out there. Not everything has to be impeccable quality.

Who said anything about a $40 million game? Look at all the small games the iPod gets. Publishers don't have to make big-budget games if they are uncertain about a platform, they can just release small experimental titles to judge public reaction. It happens all the time on the iOS devices. In fact, all these big-budget games are killing publishers cause they don't make enough profit, sometimes smaller games are better. Less risk involved and all that.

And no one is going to buy the 3DS if there are no games. Nintendo needs to put out more games so sales increase, then 3rd-party companies will follow with their support. If that is what you are saying, then I agree 100% with you. This is all Nintendo's fault. They left the 3DS launch in the hands of 3rd-party publishers, who released a bunch of crappy ports and rushed content. Nintendo should have been more proactive with everything, especially their online features. So if you blame Nintendo, I agree with you.

[...

Bankai

Not everything has to be impeccable quality.

They left the 3DS launch in the hands of 3rd-party publishers, who released a bunch of crappy ports and rushed content.

So which do you want, exactly? "Cheap iPhone games" can't exactly be sold at retail. Ubisoft did essentially exactly what you asked for with retail games, and did cheap and nasty ports of Tom Clancy Splinter Cell, Combat of Dinosaurs, Rabbids and Rayman.

Edited on by Bankai

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

Not everything has to be impeccable quality.

They left the 3DS launch in the hands of 3rd-party publishers, who released a bunch of crappy ports and rushed content.

So which do you want, exactly? "Cheap iPhone games" can't exactly be sold at retail. Ubisoft did essentially exactly what you asked for with retail games, and did cheap and nasty ports of Tom Clancy Splinter Cell, Combat of Dinosaurs, Rabbids and Rayman.

Sure they can. What types of games do you think Atari, Nintendo, etc. made in the 1980's? The iPod games are just homages to that era of simpler game design. Look at the entire Game Boy library. Practically all of those games are small "iPod-style" games, and they were all retail releases. Yes I know there was no such thing as digital games back then, but if they sold back then, they can sell now. Look at the DS for example, tons of small games are retail releases.

[...

y2josh

@Tendoboy: They wouldn't be "cheap" anymore if you released them retail though.

y2josh

LordTendoboy

y2josh wrote:

@Tendoboy: They wouldn't be "cheap" anymore if you released them retail though.

That's the thing. How does Apple get away with charging 99 cents for a downloadable game, but if the same game was released at retail it would cost $20 (or more)?

Why can't retail releases be cheap too? Most big-budget games cost over $50, and the few $20 games are usually lower-budget. But then you see the prices Apple has, and it makes the pricing structure seem way off-balance. Apple is under-charging for these games, they are taking the risk that consumers will buy anything that is cheap. 99 cents is an impulse buy, but if no one buys the game, the developer doesn't make any money.

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.