Forums

Topic: What are the best 3D Mario(s) in your opinion?

Posts 121 to 140 of 217

I think Super Mario Sunshine had the best level design amongst the three.

Edited on by

nintendogamerftw

@Badknux
Are you kidding me?!
The level design in Sunshine was atrocious. Some of the levels didn't work well and often followed this pattern.
"Oh, you spent the last 10 minutes climbing up there, but fell. Too bad, do it again!"
Or at least that was what the friends I was playing with said.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

Timwario

nintendogamerftw wrote:

@Badknux
Are you kidding me?!
The level design in Sunshine was atrocious. Some of the levels didn't work well and often followed this pattern.
"Oh, you spent the last 10 minutes climbing up there, but fell. Too bad, do it again!"
Or at least that was what the friends I was playing with said.

Finally, somebody says the truth.

Timwario

Xkhaoz

@nintendogamerftw I love SMS. And a few posts back, someone said something about not having snow levels and desert levels and something like that. THE GAME TAKES PLACE ON AN ISLAND RESORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, that added to the challenge. I found it fun to climb up somewhere, and even climb up again. And you could ride Yoshi in SMS!!!!!!!! Sure, it was wimpy that he was killed by water, but still. I love the level design of SMS. I just love SMS. It's just fun. Forget about everything you guys who said SMS wasn't good. Go play SMS for a bit, then play SMG. Which one was more fun to you?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

nintendogamerftw

@Xkhaoz
I've played both and found Super Mario Galaxy to be a lot more fun.
There is a line that stands between challenging and frustration.
Unfortunately, Sunshine falls into the frustration category. Believe me, when I first got it I though I was going to have a blast. I'd already played 64 and Galaxy and was expected it to be just as good. However, I quickly became frustrated with how many levels were an exercise of patience, especially, shudders, "Yoshi's Fruit Adventure." A lot of the game mechanics didn't work as well as they should and the spin jumps would often start you off in the wrong direction making it impossible to get where you wanted to go.

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

Xkhaoz

I've found that the difficulty in SMG is VERY unbalenced. Theres those levels taht are super easy, but then those are those ones that are so hard that they maek you cry, like the one on the Dreadnought with the bombs an dthe garbage.

Nintendork

I downright hate SMG after going back to it. Yes, the levels are fun, beautiful, and all that crap, that's true. Another thing it "excels" at is getting frustration levels sky-high, for the simple fact that its controls suck. Sunshine may have relatively loose controls, but it's better than barely doing jack-squat like in Galaxy. I don't know how to properly describe it, just that Mario doesn't respond nearly as well to my input than he did in Sunshine.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

megaboomface2

top 10 3D MARIOS
1 mario 64
2 mario galaxy
3 mario party 8
4 mario kart wii
5 mario tennis n64
6 mario rpg
7 mario strikers charged
8 mario and sonic Olympic winter games
9 Mario super sluggers
10 dr.mario and the germ buster
i only put 1 from each sereies that gots mario [so no smash]

[anomalous[i know spelled wrong] member] so feenie bet you never got lucky in chat
[feenie] ya
[tbd] green gabe
[feenie] yup i almost drowned in the shower afterwards

No, I wasn't kidding. I loved Sunshine's level design. Best of the series so far.

Timwario

Hardly the best.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Nintendork

Odnetnin wrote:

Badknux wrote:

Best of the series so far.

Easily.

agree

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

Timwario

Have any of you even played it lately? Ugh!

Timwario

Kid_A

rhythmheavenfan wrote:

1. Super Mario Sunshine
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 64

I don't know what it was about Sunshine, I just really loved it! Galaxy is extremely close behind.

I know what you mean
There's just something about Sunshine that captivates me like no other game out there. It's actually my all-time favorite Mario game.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

Odnetnin wrote:

Badknux wrote:

Best of the series so far.

Easily.

Sunshine's level design was outstanding, and it's my favorite Mario game of all time.
But Galaxy's level design is better. More linear, yes, but better.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Odnetnin

Twario wrote:

Have any of you even played it lately? Ugh!

Funny you should ask. I enjoyed a few levels just today.
Pianta Village, Ep. 3: The Goopy Inferno is so hard and incredibly rewarding to go back to! One of the best Mario levels of all time, imo.
@Kid_A Agreed, if only because the power of the Wii allowed Galaxy to look prettier, have more expansive level designs, and be full of cinematic moments.
I believe the best game of all time would be Super Mario Sunshine 2.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

@ Kid_A
I couldn't stand Galaxy's level design. It was so sloppy.

Adam

Badknux wrote:

It was so sloppy.

Explain.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Xkhaoz

@Odnetnin Yes, SMS2 would be the best thing since sliced bread. And SMSs level design is super mega totally fun awesome.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.