Forums

Topic: What are the best 3D Mario(s) in your opinion?

Posts 201 to 217 of 217

Timwario

I need to choose my words more carefully. I was joking. After getting some actual sleep, my previous posts actually looked pretty absurd.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Axoloth

weirdadam wrote:

Land on platforms with hover FLUDD is not hard. Otherwise it'd be pretty darn useless. You couldn't save yourself with FLUDD in your very own example if that were the case.

Bah, I'm not good at getting my point across, okay?
If I remember correctly, the speed at which you hovered along would accelerate (and you would need to go fast so that you could get as far as possible on the little water you had), making it hard to do pin-point landings. Also, you couldn't exactly do a hairpin turn with FLUDD.
However, if you just missed a platform by a tiny bit, you could hover to safety, as you could just keep things at low speeds. Of course, you couldn't do it too slow, as you could only hover for a certain amount of time before you fell all the way down to wherever you started. (You could always just speed along and then try to slow down when you got near the platform, if you had the time.)
Okay maybe not the best of examples and it probably made more sense in my sleepy head, but hey; at least I tried, right?

Oh, and contradicting myself is what I do best, just so you know.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Knux

I like to compare the 3D Mario games to the 2D Marios in the fact they are different.
SM64 is similar to SMB in the fact that each one started 2D and 3D platforming, and were very sucessful.
SMS is similar to SMB2 (US) in the fact they were different in gameplay to their prequels, they were basically the black sheep in the series. But while SMB2 was a blast to play, SMS failed miserably.
SMG is similar to SMB3 in the fact they great expanded on the gameplay from the first 2D/3D Mario game. Ultimately, SMB3 and SMG are more fun than the previous Mario games.
SMG2 and SMW will both be similar to each other because they both expand upon their prequels SMG and SMB3.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Adam

I never had trouble landing with hover FLUDD, and you can't make "hair-pin turns" in a mid-air jump to begin with, so I don't know why the FLUDD's inability to do this either should be counted against it.

But if it worked out that way for you, that's cool, and makes sense. For me though, FLUDD did everything Mario could normally do but better, making the game too easy in general except for some annoying, cheap parts, and long, boring blue coin searches.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kid_A

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Twario wrote:

Anyone that hates super mario galaxy has to has digustingly awful gaming tastes, and probably has a microsoft bias.

LOL^^!
No Twario scratch that.

"Anyone who likes Sunshine over Galaxy has to have disgustingly awful gaming tastes."

So here's what you're saying: Kid_A has disgustingly awful gaming tastes.
I think both SMS and SMG are perfect 10's. I think SMG is the best Mario game ever and it's the best game of this generation. I think it's the best Mario game. But my personal favorite Mario game is SMS--simply because I have a lot of really fond childhood memories with it. But I guess I still have disgustingly awful gaming tastes because my opinion differs from yours.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Timwario

No, definitely not. I said not to take my post too seriously. I can't believe how my post looks after some real sleep. Sorry if I offened you.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Kid_A

Twario wrote:

No, definitely not. I said not to take my post too seriously. I can't believe how my post looks after some real sleep. Sorry if I offened you.

just messin' with you bro. I've done the same thing--posting when I'm really tired. That's why I don't post late at night anymore [as he posts this comment at 1:00am]

Chrono_Cross

Kid_A wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Twario wrote:

Anyone that hates super mario galaxy has to has digustingly awful gaming tastes, and probably has a microsoft bias.

LOL^^!
No Twario scratch that.

"Anyone who likes Sunshine over Galaxy has to have disgustingly awful gaming tastes."

I think both SMS and SMG are perfect 10's. I think SMG is the best Mario game ever and it's the best game of this generation. I think it's the best Mario game. But my personal favorite Mario game is SMS--simply because I have a lot of really fond childhood memories with it. But I guess I still have disgustingly awful gaming tastes because my opinion differs from yours.

It was a joke Kid_A, relax .

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Knux

VGM wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy was the best, while Super Mario Sunshine was just horrible. FLUUD sucked, and the setting sucked.
3.SMS [Bleh]
2.SM64
1.SMG

So do you hate SMS after all, VGM? That's good to hear.

Knux

Xkhaoz

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Hyper+Weegee wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy was the worst, while Super Mario Sunshine was just awesome. FLUUD rocked, and the setting was freaking sweet.
186. SMG [Bleh]
2.SM64
1.SMS

So do you hate SMG after all, Hyper Luigi? That's good to hear.

hehe.

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Odnetnin

VGM wrote:

Xkhaoz wrote:

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Hyper Luigi wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy was the worst, while Super Mario Sunshine was just awesome. FLUUD rocked, and the setting was freaking sweet.
186. SMG [Bleh]
2.SM64
1.SMS

So do you hate SMG after all, Hyper Luigi? That's good to hear.

hehe.

WTF? I almost want to twist your guys' words even more than they already are, but I can't bring myself to.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Timwario

Here's my list as it is now
1.SMS, SM64, SMG
There all the best, it's unfair to choose.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

Slapshot

MARIO 64

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Kid_A

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Twario wrote:

LOL^^!
No Twario scratch that.

It was a joke Kid_A, relax .

I already told him I was joking, try to keep up

Odnetnin

VGM wrote:

Odnetnin wrote:

VGM wrote:

HEY Od that's between HW & Xk,Not me.

Quotes speak louder than words.

X's quote said that I hate SMG & I fixed it,I don't hate SMG,he was trying to say HW does.

Oh, I was just talking about the fact that you quoted Xkhaoz saying "hehe" after changing Hyper Weegee's words.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Xkhaoz

Sorry, VGM. I forgot to change your name. But, my avatar is now supporting SMS!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.