Forums

Topic: What is a "Fanboy"?

Posts 141 to 160 of 171

Happy_Mask

@CanisWolfried But I want to understand what you're saying, ergo I keep posting. but the analogies are getting worse and worse, so I want a real explanation. I apologize if this bugs you, but I wanna know. D:

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Hokori

I'm not trying to say I'm right, but I agree with how Nintendos going so far, I mean Nintendos never been the Ritchest company on earth, so why team up with apple? They don't need to be the richest, I'm sure in 1930 they wernt the ritchest toy company either

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CanisWolfred

HarmoKnight wrote:

I'm not trying to say I'm right, but I agree with how Nintendos going so far, I mean Nintendos never been the Ritchest company on earth, so why team up with apple? They don't need to be the richest, I'm sure in 1930 they wernt the ritchest toy company either

It helps. A lot. Trust me on that. You're 19 and have a job, so I won't lecture you on the importance of money, especially in business.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Auracle

@Happy_Mask
If you want to understand what's going on, I'd ignore the analogies and read the flat-out responses. If things still don't make sense, feel free to ask questions.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

CanisWolfred

Happy_Mask wrote:

@CanisWolfried But I want to understand what you're saying, ergo I keep posting. but the analogies are getting worse and worse, so I want a real explanation. I apologize if this bugs you, but I wanna know. D:

Do you have difficulty understanding Analogies in general? Just asking because I didn't understand analogies until I was 16. Now it's the #1 way I think.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Happy_Mask

Ah, okay, the actual explanations were pages back. Whatever, I still agree with waltz.
@CanisWolfried When there are analogies of analogies, that's when I start to lose my grip. @_@

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Hokori

@Mac the way you responded made it sound like I should know by now, and I do know the importance of money in a company, maybe it's just my love for the fact Nintendos so traditional and I just love that, but MAYBE they would stay the same, but I wouldn't want the most unique company to go away by being bought out, unless a new company emerges with the same mind set, at least you not trying to make it sound like I know nothing

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Auracle

HarmoKnight wrote:

Money certainly does help a company run better. It allows it to create higher quality merchandise and encourages them to take risks. On the flip side, selling out to Apple might also mean that Nintendo would likely not gain as much profit from their work as a portion would logically go to Apple. There are pros and cons to this either way, as far as I can see.

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Hokori

@other M yeah I say to Nintendo don't do it unless it NEEDS to be done

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Eel

Wait, we are aware that what I said about apple/microsoft buying nintendo was an imaginary example to demonstrate how waltz envisioned fanboys as not so loyal, right?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

HarmoKnight wrote:

Not a bad a philosophy, and I agree to an extent, but still, who are you to say what Nintendo needs to do? This is a serious question, btw.

@Other_M I understand it at least. I'm just trying to get Otaku to ask himself certain questions. I don't think it's working, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Auracle

CanisWolfred wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Not a bad a philosophy, and I agree to an extent, but still, who are you to say what Nintendo needs to do? This is a serious question, btw.

In all honesty, he is in no position to tell Nintendo what it needs to do. But then again, neither am I, nor @CanisWolfred, nor @Happy_Mask, nor @Waltz, nor anybody here. None of us know what would happen if this occurred. We are simply speculating based on what we think ought to happen. We each have different ideas about what Nintendo should and shouldn't do, but ultimately, none of us have any control over this. We are still free to speculate and talk with each other about it and shouldn't roast people for having misconceptions. We are just fans of Nintendo talking about Nintendo.
Anyway, I still don't think the question about how a fanboy can't be a real fan was ever really answered, but this has still been a great discussion.

Hokori

I should've said unless THEY think THEY NEED to not me... I meant when Nintendo feels they need to

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Auracle

Morphtroid wrote:

Wait, we are aware that what I said about apple/microsoft buying nintendo was an imaginary example to demonstrate how waltz envisioned fanboys as not so loyal, right?

Of course, and might I say it has been perfect for making good examples.
@CanisWolfred - That's fine. Thanks for being tactful with it and not bashing him upside the head.

CanisWolfred

HarmoKnight wrote:

I should've said unless THEY think THEY NEED to not me... I meant when Nintendo feels they need to

Okay, that sounds better. I'll lay off now, I gotta get some sleep soon anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Auracle

I just gotta say, it's been a real pleasure talking with you guys. You've all been very civil, which has certainly helped keep this thread from turning into a mess. So, thank you all for contributing.
Feel free to continue commenting.

Eel

The_Other_M wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

In all honesty, he is in no position to tell Nintendo what it needs to do. But then again, neither am I, nor @CanisWolfred, nor @Happy_Mask, nor @Waltz, nor anybody here. None of us know what would happen if this occurred. We are simply speculating based on what we think ought to happen. We each have different ideas about what Nintendo should and shouldn't do, but ultimately, none of us have any control over this. We are still free to speculate and talk with each other about it and shouldn't roast people for having misconceptions. We are just fans of Nintendo talking about Nintendo.
Anyway, I still don't think the question about how a fanboy can't be a real fan was ever really answered, but this has still been a great discussion.

I think that's the point, we are all free to do all this, however, in my example and what I think waltz meant is that a fanboy, unlike a normal fan like us, will take things too personal and seriously, becoming offended and disgusted because <Company> acted in a way that contradicts his own personal vision of <Company>.

They're not loyal to <Company>, <Company> MUST be loyal to them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Auracle

Morphtroid wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

I think that's the point, we are all free to do all this, however, in my example and what I think waltz meant is that, a fanboy, unlike a normal fan like us will take things too personal and seriously, becoming offended and disgusted because <Company> acted in a way that contradicts his own personal vision of <Company>.

They're not loyal to <Company>, <Company> MUST be loyal to them.

Yep. No matter what, there will always be people like that out there. There's nothing we can do, though, except to kindly correct them and hope they get the picture. Bashing them will only anger cause them to lock out reason.

Hokori

Yeah, the reason I get mad when "analyst" say Nintendo should sell out is because there acting like they know better then Nintendo themselves and that's the same reason I didn't like it when waltz commented because he made it seem like he knew more then Nintendo about there own company as well

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Auracle

HarmoKnight wrote:

Yeah, the reason I get mad when "analyst" say Nintendo should sell out is because there acting like they know better then Nintendo themselves and that's the same reason I didn't like it when waltz commented because he made it seem like he knew more then Nintendo about there own company as well

Kind of ironic isn't it. I didn't know Waltz too well, but from what I saw, he did seem to contradict himself there. But he was entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else. Anyway, I wouldn't let stuff like that get me down.

Well, I'm going to go play some Wii before bed. I'll check back later. Have fun!

Edited on by Auracle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.