Forums

Topic: What if Disney buys Nintendo?

Posts 101 to 120 of 124

BABBLE

the major downside to this situation and what EVERYONE is scared of is either company losing any of it's creative freedom. that's my fear and everyone elses obviously.

BABBLE

SheldonRandoms

DragonEaterMe wrote:

the major downside to this situation and what EVERYONE is scared of is either company losing any of it's creative freedom. that's my fear and everyone elses obviously.

True. If Disney or Nintendo let there powers combine, then hopefully everything will be............the same, except now there's a copyright Disney/Nintendo somewhere.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Eel

SheldonRandoms wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

An Elite Beat Agents movie made by Pixar?

..........I'm crying already at the emotion that's gonna be in that movie :,3

now this would be the most beautiful thing in this world!(if the main characters were the divas )

No, the true star of the movie
Untitled

Anyone who plays as the divas without using him is playing the game wrong.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SheldonRandoms

@Moorpheal Commander Kahn makes anything better, that's why the Elite Beat Agents/Divas are who they are today XD

Also, if that were to happen.......

DISNEY AND NINTENDO, ALL MY MONEY ARE BELONG TO (WII) Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!
UntitledUntitledUntitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Mickey

Neko_Chan wrote:

Then Disney will butcher Mario and Zelda into garbage movies like they did to Inspector Gadget, Mr Magoo, and Underdog.

Those were bad films, but the most recent one you mentioned was released seven years ago. I doubt Disney, especially a post-Frozen Disney, would make such abhorrent films nowadays.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

SheldonRandoms

^Also, weren't those live action films? Because with animation, Disney/Pixar will make us go "Well that was swell XD".

LzWinky

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Neko_Chan wrote:

Then Disney will butcher Mario and Zelda into garbage movies like they did to Inspector Gadget, Mr Magoo, and Underdog.

Those were bad films, but the most recent one you mentioned was released seven years ago. I doubt Disney, especially a post-Frozen Disney, would make such abhorrent films nowadays.

To be fair, they've historically made bad and amazing films throughout their entire history

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

PanicPuppet

They would likely run everything into the ground/milk everything beyond dry; like they're planning with Star Wars. (One SW-related film every year? Yeah, that totally won't wear out its welcome...)

I love Disney and all, but ever since they bought Lucasfilm, they've given off a "quantity over quality" vibe. (They want to make 2 more Indy films! Will Harrison Ford even be able to walk by the 6th one?)

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

RR529

SheldonRandoms wrote:

That new Mario game based on the movie is looking big, like a mega mushroom winning a shopping spree at life XD
Untitled

There is so much wrong with that picture!

• Waluigi would be a more appropriate Loki than Bowser.
  • Toad gets to be Captain America!? Lol, no. Toad needs to switch costumes with Luigi & we're good.
  • Donkey Kong or Bowser would be a better Hulk than Wario because...
  • Wario could be Thor. His mustache already looks like lightning, and the whole brotherly rivalry aspect works best with Wario & Waluigi in these roles.

I'm fine with Mario & Peach's roles, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MrWalkieTalkie

Neko_Chan wrote:

That's awfully nit-picky. And those were all live-action. We're talking about their beautiful heart-warming animation from Disney Animation & Pixar.

Because who wouldn't want to see stuff like this:
Untitled

Be made into beautiful films like this:
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Mickey

Unca_Lz wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Neko_Chan wrote:

To be fair, they've historically made bad and amazing films throughout their entire history

Fair enough. Those looney Mickey Mouse shorts are still airing, Disney isn't infallible. That said, I'm not holding my breath for a real stinker from Disney until maybe five good years after Frozen. Iger cried, man. CEO of Disney, Bob Iger cried tears of joy after watching Frozen and realized that the quality of the film was exactly what Disney should strive for. Always.

Go ahead and call me "Mr. Cloud-Cuckoo-Land", but I think that'll stick with him for awhile.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

FriedSquid

Well for one you need dialogue for an animated movie that's going to interest children and families. Like, you don't need dialogue (just look at The Artist) but it's not going to attract a lot of kids if it doesn't have voices and singing in it like most Disney animated movies. You're telling me you want to see fully-voice acted Mario and Zelda movies where the main characters sing? That would be awful. Remember the last time Mario had a singing role? Me neither.

I also don't know why people see Pixar as the go-to studio for making animated movies for anything, including video games. Yes, they are a fantastic studio and certainly would be the best for the job, but the fact is that I highly doubt they would want to work on other franchises that aren't their own. I believe Pixar would want to keep making their own original movies instead of (what they would probably see as) selling out on other franchises because Disney wanted them to. If in any stretch of the imagination Disney were to buy Nintendo, and they decide to use that to make Nintendo movies, Disney would probably just do it themselves instead of ask Pixar. Remember that even though John Lasseter was behind Wreck-It Ralph, it wasn't a Pixar film, so there may be some reason why Pixar may not want to handle all of those other characters like Sonic, Bowser, etc. Then again maybe not, but I feel that Pixar is protective of their own stuff and would be reluctant to make movies that aren't their own heart and soul.

Besides, it's not as if this is happening anytime soon. I highly doubt Disney would ever touch Nintendo because when it comes down to it, Disney has no business in buying them and I think both parties would know it would be a bad idea. The two companies are very different, and I highly doubt Disney would have anything to gain from buying Nintendo. It's just my two cents, but I think Wreck-It Ralph is the closest we will see of a good animated video game movie with Nintendo characters in it, and to be honest I prefer it that way.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CaviarMeths

I don't know why people are under the impression that Disney film = children's animated musical.

Disney owns the Touchstone label and also owned Miramax until 2010. That makes all of the following Disney films:

• The Crow
  • Pulp Fiction
  • Clerks
  • Con Air
  • Trainspotting
  • Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Gangs of New York
  • Kill Bill
  • The Prestige
  • Lincoln
  • Fright Night

Among many others. Go ahead and call Mrs. Wallace or Mary Todd Lincoln your favorite Disney princesses.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

FriedSquid

@CaviarMeths well I might assume you're referring to me, given my earlier comment. I understand Disney does more than that, I even have no problem with with movies that are animated musicals. My only point is that I fail to see how, if Disney were to make musicals or animated movies out of Nintendo franchises as some have said here, how it could be interesting without needing to give the characters their own voice roles. I dunno about you but I'd rather not see Mario sing about his spaghetti. Maybe if Disney were to make Nintendo movies, they could use the characters for small, short films with little voice acting. They do this a lot, like all the Pixar shorts and those new Mickey Mouse shorts. That is something I would see happening if it ever could, my only point is that I don't see how a feature-length Mario movie would work.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

BABBLE

CaptainSquid wrote:

@CaviarMeths well I might assume you're referring to me, given my earlier comment. I understand Disney does more than that, I even have no problem with with movies that are animated musicals. My only point is that I fail to see how, if Disney were to make musicals or animated movies out of Nintendo franchises as some have said here, how it could be interesting without needing to give the characters their own voice roles. I dunno about you but I'd rather not see Mario sing about his spaghetti. Maybe if Disney were to make Nintendo movies, they could use the characters for small, short films with little voice acting. They do this a lot, like all the Pixar shorts and those new Mickey Mouse shorts. That is something I would see happening if it ever could, my only point is that I don't see how a feature-length Mario movie would work.

wow! thats a good idea! maybe disney/pixar would create some nintendo short films and air them someday. really cool concept.i know i'd watch them.

BABBLE

Eel

CaviarMeths wrote:

I don't know why people are under the impression that Disney film = children's animated musical.

It's just the same reason people think Pink=Girly, Nintendo=Games for children, XBox=FPS, etc.
(And in Japan it is Nintendo=obesity and Xbox=perverts, go figure)

It's just plain and simple prejudice with a dash of ignorance and a spoonful of internet lulz.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CaviarMeths

@CaptainSquid Not solely directed at, but including you, yes.

I can't really think of any Disney characters that would fit well with a musical either, but I think there's opportunity for interesting animated films for some characters. Metroid might make a really good Alien-esque animated sci-fi/horror film. Heck, Disney/Marvel is already working on Guardians of the Galaxy, which probably would have worked as a Star Fox concept as well. There are already many Pokemon films (which were actually distributed by Disney in the West). F-Zero or Captain Falcon wouldn't be a difficult concept either, as "bounty hunter in space" is a concept already made popular by the likes of Han Solo, Spike Speigel, and Malcolm Reynolds.

And I agree that animated shorts could be successful too, as long as characters like Link remain mute.

There's potential. And any way you look at it really, I can't see it as being outright bad for either company. Disney has a track record of giving successful studios autonomy, so Nintendo games would still be Nintendo games. The difference would be that there would also be Nintendo films and TV shows. Both companies would gain access to exclusive IP and opportunity, as well as more talent and resources.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GuSolarFlare

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Neko_Chan wrote:

That's awfully nit-picky. And those were all live-action. We're talking about their beautiful heart-warming animation from Disney Animation & Pixar.

Because who wouldn't want to see stuff like this:
Untitled

Be made into beautiful films like this:
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled

I don't see Toy Story in the images, your argument is invalid(I love toy story)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Veloster

(Regarding that Link video) That is the most annoying thing I've ever heard.

"Well excccyyyyoooooooooose me princess!"

Die!

Edited on by Veloster

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

CanisWolfred

^Everytime I see that video, I can't help but laugh...at the fact that anyone thought that the repeated use of that line was a good idea...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.