Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,108

GrailUK

@skywake I've never heard of Spiderbait! (I have now though)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Late

Bravely Default's credits theme. Live concert version.

Bravely Default, in my opinion, has the greatest soundtrack of all time.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Dizzy_Boy
Jhena

Prodigy- No good

Edit: The first weeks of his training felt intense. I could barely walk but still had to run. Worth it^^
One Punch Man AMV Try 'n Hold Me Back

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

spizzamarozzi

a few of my latest purchases
do you know any of these records?

Untitled

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

bimmy-lee

@spizzamarozzi - I have Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous on vinyl. Real nice live album. I’ve listened to a fair amount of Chet Powers and Quicksilver Messenger Service as well. The others are hard to make out, but I’m real curious about top row, third from the left. I’m curious about them all actually. I don’t recognize the other covers, but I could have listened to them.

@dizzy_boy - Awesome playlist! I’ve been working my way through it, but haven’t listened to them all yet. Much appreciated.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Dizzy_Boy
bimmy-lee

@Jhena - Ha! I honestly forgot about these guys. Real nice two man band. Huge sound. I saw them perform a couple times in the late 90s. You have me digging around my collection looking for As Good As Dead now.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

This is always in my rotation, but I’ve been playing it like I’ve never heard it lately: Mama Says I’m Crazy by Fred McDowell featuring Johnny Woods. From 1967. It’s my favorite George Mitchell recording. I’ve purchased it four times because it’s one I seem to permenantely loan out to people. I’ve done some internet reading on the recording (so take it with a grain of salt), and it was recorded in a single take at McDowell’s home. Woods didn’t show up to record initially, so Fred and George went to his place to get him and found him passed out on the couch. Not sleeping, passed out. They got him up and back to Fred’s place, and the magic happened. You can hear Fred coaching him through a couple of the songs because he gets a little wild on the harmonica. Fred McDowell is my favorite guitarist ever. His slide work is beyond approach, and his ability to so clearly play lead and rhythm at the same time boggles my mind. There’s certainly cleaner slide work out there, but none better in my opinion.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Jhena

Really love that one. My fave song for when the magic kicks in^^

Muffler-Embrace

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

bimmy-lee

@dizzy_boy - Goodness. Gracious. I’m laughing, but I’m also stunned how close this list is to rap. Maybe it is? I don’t know, it’s my first time hearing it all. I can’t watch the Benny Hill video in the US. Obviously Morris Minor is rap, and Harry Enfield is in the vein of strange 80s Talking Heads/B-52s sort of rap (trying to understand it via known entities), but my mind was kind of blown by Streetband. It seems mid to late 70s, which is somewhat early in the genre, and even though it’s comedic; it’s really pretty funky. I’ve never encountered anything like any of this before. I like to think of myself as a bit of a world traveler as far as music is concerned, and while I know I’ll never hear it all; I realize tonight there’s multiple decades of British music I’m missing. Toast, man... toast.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Dizzy_Boy

@bimmy-lee here's a bit of background info on that list, just to help put them into context.
Paul Young - Where Ever I Lay My Hat, That's My Home Paul Young was in Streetband.
Harry Enfield - Loadsamoney Sketch Harry Enfield is a sketch comedian, Loadsamoney weas one of his early characters.
Tony Hawks - TED EX Talk Anthony Hawksworth (stage name Tony Hawks) is a comedian that was a part of Morris Minor and the Majors
Benny Hill - TV Show Ending Benny Hill was a sketch comedian, he also wrote a few comedy songs. Most of Benny Hills sketches are pretty much the total opposite of politically correct, trying to pick out something that I could show with out causing some kind of offense is quite tricky. You may have to look up Benny Hill on Youtube if you can't see the Ernie video. There's loads of clips from his shows on youtube too.
Ray Moore Wiki Page Ray Moore was a BBC Radio DJ. He record a couple of spoken word songs that I'm aware of. Bog Eyed Jog was recorded for the Children In Need charity.
Also, look up Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson on Youtube, the guy is hilarious. Just a warning though, he does swear quite a bit through out most of his records.

Edited on by Dizzy_Boy

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

bimmy-lee

@dizzy_boy - Great, thanks for the information and links. I’ll check them out. I’m sort of familiar with Benny Hill, he has a following in the US. Everyone else was new to me. As I re watched those videos this morning, I began to realize that some of them were probably comedic satire. Morris Minor and the Majors (at least that video) has to be a poke at the Beastie Boys. Loadsamoney is just satirizing... everything. I had a lot of fun watching the suggested videos on your links as well. I really enjoyed Gordon is an Idiot. Can’t remember the band though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic