Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 121 to 140 of 261

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Wow, great taste and knowledge! Same here mate, I really regret that I had the opportunity to go see Cornell when he was with Audioslave and I didn't. I hope that Eddie stays with us for a long time, there has been too much loss when it comes to grunge. I really envy you, I was never able to see any of them live...
I think I'm the same, Purple is probably my favourite but man, i definitely see why Core is the most popular. When Scott was in his best moments, he was definitely something else.

roy130390

StephenYap3

I'm listening to the Level 5 music from Super Bomberman 4. I dunno why, it just sounds good.

StephenYap3

bimmy-lee

@Linked2thaPast - I’m starting to feel like I’m stalking this forum today, but I just can’t let those mentions slip by without giving you a big thumbs up. You’ll probably never hear finer 12 string guitar work than Leadbelly. If rock and roll is a tree, he’s one of the roots. Possibly the tap root. Every one of his songs is a story. They’ve been covered by everyone from Cream to Nirvana. Hank Sr. might be just as influential. You’re listening to the roots of modern music as we know it. It’s the absolute apex of my musical interests.

Edit - My daughter’s first album was Leadbelly Sings for Children.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I’d probably pass out if Eddie and Pearl Jam had one last album in them akin to Ten. It’ll probably never happen, but I sure wish it would. It just doesn’t seem to be in their vision any more. A modern classic for sure though, even if it was their only pure grunge/rock album.

bimmy-lee

SKTTR

Today is marking the 10th Anniversary of BURIAL's album UNTRUE.

So I'm listening to this a lot, again.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

bimmy-lee

@skywake - Cool, super rare drummer/lead singer. Looks like he’s playing a double kit too. Talented guy.

bimmy-lee

GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@MegaTen Now you mentioned it, it does jog my memory lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

Can't beat this;

Untitled

/thread

Octane

bimmy-lee

@Octane - I just don’t have much experience with Dire Straits. I know a couple of their radio singles, but that’s about it. I vow to listen to the albums you’ve posted here, and broaden my horizons.

bimmy-lee

Octane

@bimmy-lee The great thing about Dire Straits is that they're easy to listen too. Perfect background music. Their last album is my least favourite, but it's also the least ''Dire Straits'' out of all of them. They've only made six albums, and I think their first five are the better ones. Love over Gold is kinda special in that it's 40+ minutes long, but only features five songs, I can appreciate that, but I prefer their first three albums the most.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Delta MAX - DM ASHURA
DDR Universe 3, DDR X2 Arcade

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

bimmy-lee

@skywake - We’ll, I’ve listened to that Leadbelly/RamJam cover about five times today. Totally forgot about that tune, but it was on the radio in the US when it came out; and I loved it. I thought there was something familiar about Spiderbait from the first video you posted, but I didn’t connect the dots. I forgot almost everything I ever knew when I became an old dad. Awesome song, great video. Thanks for clearing some cobwebs. I’m guessing Spiderbait was an influence on my all time favorite local band, Left Lane Cruiser. Plenty of videos on YT if you search them.

bimmy-lee

BanjoPickles

Once in a great while, I go back to my second love: Dylan. I've been a diehard fan since freshman year of high school (Freewheelin' Bob Dylan was the fifth album I ever bought). This week, I've been obsessively listening to Freewheelin', Blood on the Tracks, Infidels, Modern Times, Time Out of Mind, and Street Legal. There are a few albums that I wish that I still owned. Right now, I'm listening to Bringing It All Back Home.

BanjoPickles

subpopz

I'm a vinyl guy and was missing this from my collection. Just picked it up today and been rocking it

Untitled

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

bimmy-lee

@subpopz - I don’t have any Iron Maiden vinyl, but they and Misfits repros are right at the top of my buy them when I see them list. Metal sounds so good on a decent home stereo. Amazing that our sound delivery medium peaked so early with vinyl, and we’ve done nothing but go backwards since; all for the sake of portability. I’m happy to have CDs in my vehicles, as well as the ability to cast via bluetooth, but when I love an album; it goes on my vinyl list for sure. Hope you’re enjoying the album.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee

subpopz

@bimmy-lee The album is amazing! It's the first 80's Maiden vinyl I've picked up. I'd love to have Misfits, both Danzig and Graves era (I'm a fan of both).
I agree with what you say about going backwards in how we listen to music. I listen to mp3 when I'm on the go, but it's amazing how much is lost in the compression. I don't know if it's just trendy or if people realize how much better it sounds, because vinyl seems to be in a resurgence, which has made my collecting a lot easier.

Switch - Smash Ultimate, Mario Kart 8D, NES Online (Dr. Mario only)
3DS -
PC - The Witcher 3, Nier: Automata, Mortal Kombat XL

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic