Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,821 to 6,840 of 7,118

Buizel

@Heavyarms55 I agree, both in the storytelling aspect (as described), but also in design. I personally hate having to design my own character...I'd rather a professional did it for me! My own design will always look like trash in comparison.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

Heavyarms55

@Buizel Purely in visual terms, I really like customizable characters. Within the limits of a story frame. Again, I feel Mass Effect did it best with Sheppard. It was still Sheppard's story, and Sheppard had a pretty defined character. But you still had a lot of freedom with what you could do. But I do understand your point, and that's why I think it's good to have some preset/pre-designed options as well.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

MegaSwitch

I think protagonists should both have there own personalities but still have lots of customisation. Because while I like characters with deep personalities, I also don't want to have to play as, balanced sword guy in every rpg.

MegaSwitch

MegaSwitch

I consider myself a big RayMan fan, it's one of my favorite game franchise's.
But I really don't like the first RayMan. According to one of the devs, the game wasn't play tested. And, oh boy does it show.

MegaSwitch

RedderRugfish

@MegaSwitch I loved Rayman 1. A lot. Played it to about 70% completion without cheat codes as a teenager.

But the difficulty was pretty extreme, you can tell it was balanced by developers who were experts at their own game rather than having normal people play test it to see what they think. Takes practice for sure.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

DAHstroy

Disney's Toontown Online was the definition of a grind.

DAHstroy

RedderRugfish

@Der It's an early MMO. They pretty much revolved around grinding.

Diddy64

Not sure if this counts as an unpopular opinion, but I would like to have a Yoshi's Story 2.

Undergoing games: Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy VII, Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy).

darkfenrir

Unpopular Opinion, at least in my circle of friends.

Let people have some sort of accessibility to change the difficulty of the game. (' - ' ) Doesn't need to be crazy, even just little thing like "yeah you keep everything even if you die including your exp", or even the "half damage woohoo".

Like just little thing that can make a game more manageable.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Anti-Matter

I don't think the Chibi form from Metroid Prime Federation Force was really bad idea. It looked cute somehow.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

diwdiws

@darkfenrir adding accessibility is fine and adding difficulty sliders is not a problem. it just that no one is entitled to it. You cant force developers do add it if they dont want to

diwdiws

darkfenrir

@diwdiws Indeed, not like I have any power to force them to. Just that I wish nearly everything has that option shrug

Although not sure if this fall under unpopular opinion, but I hate it when devs put in difficulty option... and decide player isn't allowed to get good ending/or even get any ending unless they pick harder difficulty. Ending shouldn't be tied to difficulty at all.

darkfenrir

Diddy64

@darkfenrir I second that. In Octopath, I almost died against a duo boss fight in one chapter of the Ophilia. I think they were two guys with black hoods that use magic and a special ability to conceal their weakness.

Undergoing games: Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy VII, Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy).

darkfenrir

@SamusLv7 Oof I think I know that one. Every boss in Octopath is quite hard... especially when you are on Chapter 3/4. Or those hidden bosses. I already gave up after doing 2 of Chapter 4 bosses o)--< (and 1 hidden)

darkfenrir

Diddy64

@darkfenrir True. I think the duo I fight was the boss of the third chapter of Ophilia. I guess I'll have to level grind when I continue playing again ūüėÖ as I am currently playing Zelda BotW and Mario + Rabbits.

Heavyarms55

Unpopular opinion: I don't like vague rumors from random, so-called sources and insiders. So-and-so thinks... Industry insiders suspect... So-called news source reports that (Nintendo) will probably do X...

I feel like that kind of vague speculation isn't worth it. But I guess it generates clicks and no one forces me to read it. But I am kinda sick of all the "thinks" "suspects" and "probably"s...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

MegaSwitch

I agree with you 100%. Anyone can make a speculation, or fake leak.

MegaSwitch

RedderRugfish

I especially hate the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor. Various "leakers" have been saying "It's right around the corner!" about 5 different times in the last year.

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I especially hate the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor. Various "leakers" have been saying "It's right around the corner!" about 5 different times in the last year.

This. It's like people enjoy setting themselves up for disappointment. But yeah, I agree; these leaks are getting ridiculous. If I were in a position where I truly "knew" such things, I'd rather keep the trust of those involved intact versus netting myself fifteen minutes of fame on the internet.

Or maybe I'm just cynical today.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS; post-game)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic