Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,461 to 6,480 of 6,625

HappyAxiom

@dew12333
There are many indie games that are considered equally good or even better than their big AAA brothers.
Shovel Knight is one example, but there's also Axiom Verge, Celeste, Owlboy, Stardew Valley, Hollow Knight, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Enter the Gungeon, Super Meat Boy, Cave Story, Night in the Woods, Steamworld Dig, Golf Story, Shantae, Fast RMX, The Binding of Isaac,... just to name a few. And that's only counting those that are on Switch. There's many more great ones on other consoles.

I'd also like to add that Indies innovate more than the average AAA game. Just sayin'.

Edited on by HappyAxiom

HappyAxiom

LuckyLand

@Buizel I agree. Lighting effects were too invasive even in a completely HD game like Dragon's crown imho.
And I agree on the fact that Octopath wants to be different without any thoughtful reason too... but probably without realistic lighting and effects it would have looked less bad.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Tiefseemiez

@dew12333
That is not really an opinion, I'd say.
I think "Nindie" is a term only used for specific games supported by Nintendo (even if that only means curating and advertising them in some way). It does not refer to all digital-only games on the e-shop.
One may discuss the quality of a lot of e-shop-games, but those called "Nindies" usually offer something interesting or a certain degree of quality.
At the moment I would think that there is only 50% or less of what I would call shovelware (maybe score 5 or below, if rated at all) on the e-shop. But that may totally be a subjective impression (=I didn't research the numbers and what to call "shovelware" already is pretty subjective).

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

kkslider5552000

@dew12333

This is about unpopular opinions, not about being blatantly ignorant.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Yosheel

Ok let's change the subject.... unpopular opinions... Lemme see... Oh.

I've never liked Donkey Kong. Nor his games. Specially the SNES ones.

Somehow this extends to Rare as a whole, the only one of their games I have actually liked is Viva Piñata.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HappyAxiom

@Meowpheel
I agree about Rare. Somehow their games never struck a chord with me.

HappyAxiom

Tiefseemiez

@dew12333
No, it is a statement that either is true or is not true.
Either most of the "Nindies" are low quality shovelware or they are not.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

dew12333

@Tiefseemiez
look it is my opinion about these games, I don't think its a fact that they are all poor!

dew12333

Snaplocket

@HappyAxiom I couldn't give less of a thought about Shovel Knight if I tried. Never liked that game. NES games in general are pretty overrated.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Ralizah

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise is arguably the best game on the Xbox 360, and I'd put it against most of Nintendo's best games.

DKC games are OK. Flashy, but they were still pretty solid platformers. I still wouldn't put them up against the best platformers of that gen, though, like Yoshi's Island or Rocket Knight Adventures.

I haven't played enough of Rare's N64 games to have an opinion on them, however.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

MisterPi

I remember thinking viva piñata was gonna be a game I absolutely loved. But then I played it and found it didn't hold my attention at all. I enjoy it in theory. Of their 360 days though, yeah that has to be the best game they made from that era

MisterPi

kkslider5552000

Out of every commonly stated opinion about BOTW, with the exception of weapon durability, all of them are accurate. Both positive and negative. Literally all bits of high praise or complaints you've seen about the game are correct on some level.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Snaplocket

CreamyDream wrote:

I think Octopath Traveler's art style is very unappealing and just different for the sake of being different without any thoughtful reasoning.
The sprites and the environments simply dont look like they mix well at all. I know "that's the point" but that doesnt change the fact that it doesnt mix well at all.

It's a cheap style gimmick

On one hand, this a totally fair opinion and I would really like a big budget HD version ala FF XV. On the flipside, I've seen enough 8-bit throwbacks and semi-low budget 3D JRPGs (Xenoblade 2, Tales series, Shining Resonance, YS VIII, Legend of Heroes franchise) that it makes for a nice change of pace. It reminds me of Four Swords Adventures and I kinda like the look but not crazy about it either.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

HappyAxiom

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Out of every commonly stated opinion about BOTW, with the exception of weapon durability, all of them are accurate. Both positive and negative. Literally all bits of high praise or complaints you've seen about the game are correct on some level.

Why make an exception for opinions about weapon durability? Just curious...

HappyAxiom

Yosheel

Probably because the game drowns you in weapons so them breaking is basically meaningless.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

While the durability system “works“, I dislike how none of the weapons feel special. Weapons and weapon upgrades felt like a milestone in prior games, and there's nothing in place to let you make a weapon feel more like it's yours (like in Skyrim; yeah, all weapons of the same type and material look the same, but yours is automatically more awesome, especially after you upgrade it and maybe give it an enchantment, plus it's own name).

I'd settle for weapons dulling (instead of breaking), and a smithing system that takes a few pages from the game's cooking system. Let you create your your own “Master Sword“.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic