Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 12,088

BrintaPap

@Toy_Link If Nintendo would do nothing they really would get behind the other platforms. Standing still in a race means that you are going backwards so I know that they should have done at least something, which they did. Thats why we have the Switch.

We do not know how much the Tegra cpu cost for Nintendo, we can make guesses but Nintendo buys in bulk, like really big bulks so they will get lower prices. They will get even lower prices if they agree to buy them for multiple years.

I think Nintendo should have gone for less profit on the Switch, or used a newer snapdragon cpu that came after the TEGRA.

However I do not know if they would be able to do that since it takes a long time for R&D and making the consoles and you need to have your teams to make games blablabla.

That is why I posted it here. To not get burned into oblivion when I speak my mind.

BrintaPap

BrintaPap

@NotTelevision I know that game devs most of the time put graphics above framerate but I think that it should be the other way around.

Also there are some some games that always have trouble with performance or get downgraded in both way when they are not even that big/intense/a real beauty of a game.

See overcooked that ran at 23-24 frame-ish before the update (only on switch), Team Sonic Racing that in singleplayer runs 30.
Doom with 30 fps when they already sacrificed the visuals (reviewers also said that it gets really blurry, which is a fact because I played the game at a friend, I dont know if you have played it on Switch but that game REALLY is a mess.)
Sonic forces on Switch was also a real mess.
XC2 also has problems.
Bloodstained, Breath of the wild, Link’s Awakening, Overwatch, Sexy Brutale, Little Dragons Café, Rocket League etc. Most of the time these games should have run on 60 but on Switch have framerate problems or gets dropped to 30 or gets both dropped to 30 fps and a lower resolution hit and mostly the second fact annoys me. Yes some games get updates to fix it but not all do.

Don’t worry I still play 30fps games on my Switch just wanted to have more games be 60 or atleast HD.

I hope for the time being when the PS5 or X Scarlett comes out the Switch gets a revision because graphical difference will be insane.

And we “may” end up with “legacy” editions from certain developers or ports that will come way later because of the focus on the Twin platforms.

BrintaPap

Grumblevolcano

@KoekiieWoekiie Honestly I think Nintendo's answer to the 3rd party side of power gap between Switch and PS5/Scarlett may be streaming. Something like xCloud to Switch or Microsoft helps Nintendo create their own streaming service seeing as the battle isn't Nintendo vs. Microsoft vs. Sony anymore but rather Nintendo + Microsoft + Sony vs. Google + Amazon (+ Apple?).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BrintaPap

@Grumblevolcano Maybe that will be the future, I won’t support Nintendo if they are going full digital/streaming though.

Edited on by BrintaPap

BrintaPap

Cotillion

@KoekiieWoekiie I can't see Nintendo going full streaming. For one, they are at least a decade behind in terms on online functionality as it is and really don't seem to know what people want. I think even if they did offer their own games streaming, they'd still have digital and physical purchases for them as they'd be making them for their own system.
The streaming-only would likely be a third party thing for games that just can't run on it otherwise. Whether that's a good thing or not is pretty subjective.
Even if Switch gets a successor, another portable system is still going to be behind PS5/Scarlett as getting that kind of power with proper cooling and battery consumption is going to cost more and some sacrifices are going to need to be made.

Cotillion

Grumblevolcano

@Cotillion Yeah, streaming handling the power gap issue for big 3rd party releases meanwhile indie games and 1st party games doesn't change.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BrintaPap

@Snaplocket

Top notch services?

I can not invite my buddy into a party to play MK8 deluxe online, I can not do the same for Smash doubles online. Also not for Mario Tennis. This has been around like more then 10 years on other systems...

Have not played Pokken in a long time so I cant talk for that game.

The only one game with normal online function is Splatoon 2.

BrintaPap

BrintaPap

@Cotillion I don’t see them going full-streaming only and I know handhelds will always have less power then a plugged in console I just wish for more power.

BrintaPap

Cotillion

@Snaplocket Well, this is the unpopular opinion thread. I just wouldn't be too sure which is the unpopular one.

Cotillion

Toy_Link

The Sonic hatedom is worse than the Sonic fandom.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

iKhan

Toy_Link wrote:

The Sonic hatedom is worse than the Sonic fandom.

Guilty as charged. I've never played a Sonic game because firstly, the speed thing just always seemed like a gimmick, and secondly, the setting and characters all just seem so tacky.

Are those good reasons for ignoring an entire franchise? Hell no, but it's cool to bag on Sonic, so I get away with it.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NEStalgia

@NotTelevision "The Last of Us: Moments of intensity and strategic gameplay can’t save the game from feeling a bit samey. I just don’t think the game was well paced. You fight off a room of clickers and then a horde of zombies, only to be presented the same scenario in a slightly different brown and gray environment. Since the game puts so much emphasis on story, it’s also right to criticize that."

Which part of "Naughty Dog" did you happen to miss on the box?

@KoekiieWoekiie They'd still be waiting, and they'd still be trying to make WiiU happen. They'd probably be selling off IPs by now to stay in the black.

@iKhan It's from the 90's. It's supposed to be tacky.

NEStalgia

kkslider5552000

Sonic is one of those series where the hatedom has just become too much of a neverending cliche that's gotten boring and is a bit unfair. I do think it also helps that a lot of the fandom has clearly tried to be more the opposite of what people think of the Sonic fandom for. And quite frankly, just through sheer quantity, there's easily more good Sonic games than there are...Metroid games in general. For example.

That being said, there's no reason why after Colors and Generations released in back to back years, that Sega has spent the past 7 years not doing more of that. I can't comprehend why they couldn't make something remotely close to that quality again.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Justifier

Generation 5 is my favorite pokemon games.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

iKhan

Everytime a new Smash Bros comes out, people are too fast to crown it king. The series really has a ton of novelty bias to it. Everyone looks at all the new characters, all the gameplay changes, and thinks "oh look at all this improvement, this must be the best Smash game". But then they overlook any negative aspects to the gameplay changes, poorly designed additional modes, bad online, etc.

I remember back when Smash 4 came out, it was sacrilege to say anything other than it was the best Smash game unless you were a competitive melee/brawl player. Fast forward to now, and I'm pretty sure it's my least favorite since Smash 64.

I'm still team Melee, because I think it has the best gameplay in the series combined with the second best side content.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Vinny

I kinda like GTA IV's driving.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

sweth_t

I find the "edgy tryhard" attitude that some games take (Shadow the Hedgehog, DmC: Devil May Cry, to name a few) to be more ironically entertaining than annoying or irritating, due to the sheer lengths a game will go to to make itself "mature". Something about that is just fun to me.

sweth_t

Anti-Matter

Evoland 1 & 2 are much better than FF VII / FF VII remake in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

After trying it, I feel Realm Royale is a better battle royale game than Fortnite. When I tried Fortnite, I really didn't like the fact you couldn't come back and keep playing. I get the point of battle royale is to eliminate players, but it's not fun to be in that crawling downed state.

I really like the chicken system, rather than being down crawling unable to do anything, my character becomes a chicken. If I run away or hide in the chicken state for 20 seconds, I can come back, keep playing, and have a better chance at improving, getting a higher rank or even winning. I like that a lot, plus it adds excitement in a "get away before someone makes your chicken pop" kind of way.

I feel this game is underrated, I'm having more fun than expected with this one.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic