Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 6,625

HappyAxiom

Beedrill4Smash wrote:

I do NOT think Smash has too many sword fighters.

Smash has 12 of them, 14 if you count Pit and Dark Pit, and I just don't see what the big deal is.

EDIT: I'm unsure as to how much this sentiment is still relevant. Either way, I've always thought the number of sword fighters was fine.

I never had any problems with it either. Most of them play very differently from each other, so it's perfectly fine to me. I find the notion that it's OK to have 30+ fist fighters but it's not OK to have a dozen or so sword fighters completely ridiculous.

BTW, Ganondorf desperately needs a sword as well.

HappyAxiom

Snaplocket

@kkslider5552000 I liked 3D World more then Rayman Legends and thought it used the gamepad very well.

@HappyAxiom Most people (myself included) still tend to think the original Genesis games (and Sonic Mania) are fantastic but there aren't a whole of fans for almost everything afterwards. Even arguably really good games like the Adventure series, the Rush series, and the Sonic Advance series. The only Sonic games you see people say they like besides the originals are the boost formula games (bar Sonic Forces albeit for very justified reasons). Which is ironic, because I find Unleashed, Generations, and Colors to be pretty overrated. Thought the Adventure games were better honestly. Even games like Heroes, Rivals, Secret Rings, and the Sonic 4 games are considered godawful when in reality they range from average to semidecent. Add that to the fact that Sonic HAS been in some of the legit worst games of all time (Sonic 2006, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric) and starts to become pretty clear why some people really hate Sonic. Sonic Forces was released in 2017, widely considered one of the best years in gaming, and it was mediocre at best, making most "worst games of 2017" lists.

Sorry about the info dump but since I was a huge Sonic fan (and Sonic Mania managed to rekindle some of my interest) I felt the need to get off my chest why people dislike Sonic and why saying they never liked Sonic became a thing.

PS: You guys do know most fighting games only have one or two weapon users and there are tons of different unarmed fighting styles. Something that doesn't really apply to sword users since most of them use generic one-handed blades. Only like 6 guys actually use their fists and only for one or two attacks. (most of the sword users have fist attacks too)

Edited on by Snaplocket

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Aaron09

Tomb Raider > Uncharted.

Aaron09

TheLZdragon

Umbreon > Vaporeon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yosheel

You've never played Colosseum, obviously.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dogorilla

@CreamyDream How long did it take you to finish Star Allies? I'd like to play it but I wasn't sure if it would be long enough to justify paying full price for.

Currently Playing: Slime-san (Switch), Mega Man 3 (MM Legacy Collection, 3DS), Fire Emblem (Wii U VC)

Mana_Knight

I like Sonic Boom.
Not a joke. I accept its faults. The music isn't great, the ending is terrible, Sonic could be faster and I wish Knuckles could glide, but I found great enjoyment in it. I enjoyed walking around the tranquil environments and just had fun with it. No way near as bad as everyone makes it out.

Mana_Knight

DanteSolablood

Pokémon Colosseum & Gales of Darkness were crimes against Pokémon and I hope Pokémon Switch doesn't turn out that bad. Seriously, both games were boring slogs with limited battling & they were just... plain... ugly. Now Gamefreak's main team are working on the Switch version I have some hope, but if we get another Colosseum i'm out.

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Dogorilla

@CreamyDream Thanks. I think I'll wait for the price to go down a little before I get it because I don't tend to revisit games much once I've finished them. I haven't played the 3DS Kirby games (though I keep meaning to pick them up one day), but I've played a few older ones and I like them, just not as much as Mario, Rayman, etc.

Currently Playing: Slime-san (Switch), Mega Man 3 (MM Legacy Collection, 3DS), Fire Emblem (Wii U VC)

Tiefseemiez

I could not stand Bravely Default.
The artstyle was beautiful, the music was good, the themes of the worlds were rather standard, the story was lazy and boring and the characters were painfully cliché and plain and dumb.
The gameplay was alright, not revolutionary, but fun. Even though I found the "dungeons" really bland aswell, especially because you tried to explore them, but hardly were ever rewarded. Exploration thus became a chore.
I really wanted to like the game, but just had to stop because of the story and characters in the middle of it and never returned.
Since I played that game and recognised how loved it is, I am avoiding Square-Enix-RPGs. Even though they all look appealing. But Bravely Default was just sooo cheesy.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

MisterPi

I agree that playing the first BD was enough for me, I have no desire to start BS (heh). I also felt like there were only very specific jobs that you pretty much needed to defeat certain bosses. And obviously that whole repeat thing.

Though it could be argued that the cliche writing/setting/battle type were intentional. After all, it was a game designed to see if people still liked classic JRPG type games. It succeeded, so I think something like Octopath Traveler will be an evolution of it in terms of writing. I hope so, at least.

MisterPi

Snaplocket

@Chandlero I thought Bravely Default and Second were pretty great.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Buizel

CreamyDream wrote:

I think Octopath Traveler's art style is very unappealing and just different for the sake of being different without any thoughtful reasoning.
The sprites and the environments simply dont look like they mix well at all. I know "that's the point" but that doesnt change the fact that it doesnt mix well at all.

It's a cheap style gimmick

I agree actually. I wouldn't say that the game is ugly but the combination of sprites and more realistic lighting is quite jarring. I'd rather they either just went with classic sprites or a HD art style.

Currently playing: South Park: The Fractured But Hole (Switch), Battle Chef Brigade (Switch), Hyrule Warriors (Switch), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PC).
Replaying: DKC Tropical Freeze (Switch), Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch).

kkslider5552000

MisterPi wrote:

Though it could be argued that the cliche writing/setting/battle type were intentional. After all, it was a game designed to see if people still liked classic JRPG type games.

I'm calling bs on this. That's honestly one of my big problems, for as much as it supposedly wants to be a classic style JRPG, it still felt the need to put some half-***ed, anime-light, Tales of style characterization at points. Like what's his name is just a poor, poor man's Zelos from Symphonia.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Tiefseemiez

@Chandlero
Maybe the opinion is not THAT unpopular (as most of the ones represented here), but I did get the strong impression that people in this forum loved the game a lot.
The reviews were stellar too and I read a lot of recommendations on the forums suggesting those games. Though a lot of people said that there was some issue later on with repeating boss fights (I think) I never saw anyone criticise the plot and characters in general. Or the dungeon design...or anything else basically than that issue.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

subpopz

CreamyDream wrote:

The sprites and the environments simply dont look like they mix well at all. I know "that's the point" but that doesnt change the fact that it doesnt mix well at all.

I think it mixes and looks fantastic. That's what makes it an opinion and not a "fact"

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

dew12333

I have many unpopular opinions, but today it is regarding nindies, or as I call it shovelwere! Droves and droves of copycat games with little imagination, usually funded by kickstarter because no one with any business sense would give it the time of day. Mostly falling to the 5-6 out of 10 category and offering little to the future of the switch. Someone did point out to me how good shovelknight is, but I put that down to the one exception to the rule.

dew12333

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic